Soderblom
Safonov
Dach
Kaiser
Phillips
Vlasic
Ludwinski
Stjdernborg

I was surprised to see Stjernborg make the cut. I was looking forward to watching him at the WJC but his play was really suspect. Poor puck handler, seemed to struggle with the pace, wasn't making plays. I also was surprised to see him ranking Safonov so high given Wheeler has a penchant for liking small skilled players.

Personally, I'd have swapped out Ludwinksi, Stjernborg and Safonov for Savoie, Hayes and Slaggert.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
He was an honorable mention:

Also considered were 2021 first-round pick Nolan Allan (the final cut and someone I pulled my hair over, because I do see some potential top-six value there), Rockford IceHogs defenseman Alec Regula (who has played NHL games and was the second-last cut), towering Providence sophomore defenseman Taige Harding (who I’m fascinated by), Flint Firebirds forward Gavin Hayes (who I like), University of Minnesota-Duluth sophomore Dominic James (who I like), Tri-City Americans forward Jalen Luypen (who I like), 20-year-old Denver Freshman Aidan Thompson, Notre Dame junior Landon Slaggert, Liiga standout Antti Saarela, Gatineau Olympiques worker Samuel Savoie, and St. Cloud State transfer-turned-breakout-goaltender Dominic Basse.

You could easily swap Allan or Regula, or even Harding, Hayes or James, out for any of the final five who made the list. This was a difficult group to whittle down to just 15 and I’m not certain I got it right.
Idk if ive ever seen wheeler admit he might not be right. Always drove me crazy how he made his posts like he was some underdog scout, knew all this prospect info while generally posting the same vague, generic shit for the same position and changing it based on “tiers”

I’m intrigued for the first time in ever with his takes

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
After going pointless in hos previous game on zfriday night,in his game last night(Sunday Feb. 5th),Connor Bedard could only muster 1 point...a goal,but he did generate 9 shots on goal and went 14/24 in the dot.

Still just 1 point over last 2GP and you wonder if his torrid pace toned down from Generational level or perhaps just a brief slump...
In any case this game he was upstaged by the NEXT GENERATIONAL phenom,Gavin McKenna, who just turned 15 on December 20th ,2022...so he is not draft eligible till the 2026 draft!
The kid got 2 primary assists to help Medicine Hat thump Regina 5-1..

This was his 11th WHL GP and he now has 8 assists...no goals yet but he mist be overflowing with confidence after out-producibg Bedard in a head to head match up of Generational phenoms...

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hawks reportedly sent Gavin Hayes some supplement recommendations as he is having trouble trying to add weight ...oh oh...juicing him up?Fear for thecOHL next season as a bulked up Hayes probably goes into dominating mode.Motvinsinustongvanyvillegal supplements but amazing what sone natural supplements can do if you follow the research ...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
828AC4B1-D849-4D21-AB08-5BDB70EE390C.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Another 1g 1a gane for Artur Kayumov today ...Same as in his prior game on Feb.5th...

Today these points helped Lokomotiv to 2-1 women...

Other goal was scored by his linenate Maxini Shakunov on 1st line for Lokomotiv.

Kayimov had been on fire pkaying with Shalunov back in December then he got hurt and was out of the lineup for aboutc3cweeks in January...took a few games to get back tobgettingvhotvagain but he seems now to have re-gaibec scoring form recently into February...

Kayumov 's cobtract ends after this season unless he re-signs ...but can he cone over to sign with the Hawks (assuming they want to sign him) with no transfer fee Greenent on place (suspended due to Russia invading of Ukraibe(?
Russians with existing NHL contracts free to extend or play in NHL ...no problem...but fo rKHL players who were drafted by nhl clubs but have not yet signed ELCs, they cannot sign with NHL club unless a transfer fee is paid ...with that agreement suspended,O am not surevif tgst means they are unable to sign or can still sign(eg. If they can sign then maybe the money for transfer fee is put in escrow toll the transfer agreement back in place then the $$$ sent to former KHL club(?

So not sure what the law s covering thus situation are ...If American law allows for an escrow holding of transfer fees then Hawks could sign him ...bit if American law forbids any signibg toll transferxagreenent restored from suspension,then he cannot be signed.

Even if he can sign with an escrow holding g of tbise transfer fees,tgere Still is the issue of Russia not letting hom travel out of Russia till the KHL club gets its owed transfer fee.

So I am unsure IF he actualky coukd cone over and be signed if the transferxagreenent still in suspension before start of next NHL season.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Both USNTDP u18 and u17 squads are in Europe now for International Tournaments...

U17s are playing in a 5 Nations Tournament in Switzerland...They won their first game today crushing Sweden 8-3 (led by 4 goals from Cole Eiserman(2024 draft-eligible).

U18s play a 4 Nations Tournament in Rauma, Finland Feb .10-12...Finns,Swedes and Czechs are opponents they face ..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Artur Kayumov and Maxim Shalunov are back together since Kayimkv came back from an injurycwhicj keotvhom out a few weeks in January...and en fuego...2xa for Kayumov today setting up 2 goals for Shalunov in a Lokomotiv win.

Obviously they have formed a chemistry that is working well...

Kayumov's contractcenss after this season... But whether Russians drafted but not playing in the NHL are able to come overx and sign Elc's is unclear with the NHL -KHL transfer agreement suspended due to the Russia invasion of Ukraine and that war still on...All Russians currently over in the NHL or AHL obviously had transfer fees already paid,so they are free to keep coming over...but till the former KHL club getsits transfer feenobody knows if guyss like Kayumov are able to come over and be signed by yhecNHL club holding their rights..

There may also be cases where before there ever was a transfer agreement players who already came over and signed a deal but tgen went back to Russia might still be able to cone back over and sign or playout a contract in the NHL if tey simply bolted on that contract
..In the case of Shalunov he is still under contract to Lokomotiv 2 more season after this...so he cannot join the Hawks till that contract is over...Butcas I recall Shalunov bolted a contract (cannot remember if it was just with our AhL club or an ELC with the Hawks ...in which case he still must complete that contract if he cones back over...but unlike Kayumov I do not think any transfer money would beviwed by the Hawks..
So ironically I think Shalunov could come back over next sesson if his contract was finishing this season there...but Kayumov might not be able to be signed by the Hawks because the transfer agreement applies to him but the agreement is in suspension
..I am not a lawyer...but unless I am wrong on all of this,one wonders if Kayumov cannot be signed till the Transfer Agreenent is removed from suspension by the NHL (or maybe the IIHF governs this?), that he just re-signs in the KHL.. and if so there is a risk his new deal there coukd be longer than a1 year deal...ifbgecre-signs wirhvKokomotiv we may never see hom ofcShalunov come over..they obviously work well as a duo and may choose to play out there careers in Russia together as linemates...

But if Kayumov could come over and sign this summer for next sesson ...then THAT might have enticed Shalunov to come and play with him the following season after his KHL deal ends..

So that posdiblity looks doomed if Kayumov cannot be signed after his current deal with Lokomotiv ends when this season is over

Again...need the lawyers to weigh in :

.Does suspending the transfer agreement mean the Hawks can ignore it still sign Kayumov this summer? OR does the suspension of the transfer agreenent place Russian players wanting to come over and sign ELCs in a limbo status where legally NHL clubs cannot sign draftees from Russia whose rights they hold?

ALSO can NHL clubs in this situation merely put the transfer money they would ordinarily pay (if the agreement had not been suspended) into an escrow account on behalf of that KHL team and
so that money gets paid out to that JHL team as soon as the Agreenent is taken off suspension.?

I am not sure therefore if there is a way to sign Kayumov this summer or not..ifvthey can,then maybe Shalunov will finally cone over too for the 2024/25 season?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
USA u18s beat Sweden u18s at 4 Nations Tournament in Finakand today ...WILL SMITH 3a
GABE PERRAULT 1g 2a Ryan Leonard 1G as the bestline in Juniors does it again....Dominant.

If We do not land Bedard or Fantilli then grab Will Smith ifchexisvon the boardcwhen we pick...Then put acdeL together to get Perreault by movingbvack uo in roundvone...Put rge dynamic duo together...Seens lijexa good "consolation prize strategy..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Notre Dame beat Ohio State 2-1 tonight...All goals scored by Hawks draftees...2g for Landon Slaggert...1 goal for Jake Wise...

Paul Ludwinski with GWG in shoot-out 3-2 win for Kingston tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad