hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Tank again in 2023/24 season?

Comparison;

Adam Fantilli D-1 year with Chicago
Steel in 21/22 season = 1.37 ppg

Mackkin Ceebrini D-1 year with Chicago Steel in
current season to date = 1.49

So after hockey gods slam us and we do not get Bedardcor Fantilli this draft..(but we get lwise and get Will Smith at #4 or#5,because we fail at tanking and draft 3rd or 4th pre-lotto and get oushedcdown 1 (lucky not pushed down 2( ,tgexquestion is shoukd KD plan to Tank again forctge Cekebrini swweostakes and how best to do that?

Retain Jack Johnson ...trade Jake McCabe..

Play Mrazek as much as possible?

Do Not infuse lineup with any yutes from pipeline.. Korchinski stays in Jr....Del Mastro plays in Rockford...

Can the fans endure another bust year in the basement section of the NHL with no show to entertain them?

Well it could be another mythic quest for the #1overall...butcanotgervyesrvof pain to endure?

This time atvnext year's lotto draw the hockeyvgodsxwoll have to show iscsomevmercy forv2 straight seasons of not kich hockeyvskulk on display .

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
4542FA3A-2378-427F-8153-19768FA59ADD.jpeg
8E21B34D-C0DE-4FB6-9E77-5B8D21523BF0.jpeg

4-3 loss shootout. Lasted 15 rounds

(G) Phillips guttman hardman

(A) Clandening Teply Reichel (2) Vlasic Regula
382AE75B-6276-4080-8271-4297AF78CB4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: WindsorHawk

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Shocker from Finland today...Host Finns beat USA in 4Nations U18 tournament in Finland by a 5-2 score...Suchva dominating USA team from their USHL and NCAA opposition schedules yet here they lose big to thep Finlabdvu18s...

Jesse Kiskinen a 6'0 187 lb RW who does not turn18 till August,scored 2 goals for the Finns...Bob McKenzie has him at #49 ,Craig Bitton has himat #37 but Sportnent has him at #21so they like him a lot more.. I did notice he has been on a good heter run in scoring over lastc10 games so maybe hevus either just continuing his hot streak or is emerging more on thec2nf halfbof this seadon now...could be worth closer examination...Will see these guys playeachbitger again at World u18s later this spring.

Anyway after crushing Sweden on its tfirst game U S A. u18s now 1-1in this tournament...

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Macklin Celebrini ripping up the USHL now....making Steel fans forget about Adam Fantilli...pace better than Fantilli in D-1year. Comparison..

Tonight...another Dominant game from Celebrini= 3g 2a +5 in Steel 7-2 victory...

Yank in 2023/24 for Celebrini!

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nazar got better as game progressed.. I counted 5 scoribgvchances ge had. Scored on only 1 ...but he did gstvhus chances...and still we did not see top speed fron hom...gettibg his legs back..Shoukd be better next weekend as speed ramps up...By 3rd wek back he shoukd be at top speed.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Korchinski scores at 1158 of 1st period tobgive Seattlec1-0 lead over Portland ...

And...in another game now over...Connor freakin Bedard 3g 2a +3 ...ho hum..as Regina pastes Moose Jaw 8-4..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hogs lose 4-3 to Milwaukee in shoot-out that went through 15 shooters each...2nd shoit-out loss in consecutive nights to Milwaukee .. Askarov out-dueks Soderblom 2nd night in a row...tough loses for Hogs even though gained a point in each game Again Outcshot Milwaukee.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
How about turd? For the third? No? I’ll get my coat.
Unless Frank Nazar I or Frank Nazar II play in the NHL, He's just going to be Frank Nazar to me.

Referring to someone as "Sr", "Jr", "II" or so on, makes no sense when there's no danger of confusing the namesakes.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
USA u18s crush Czechia u18s 9-1 to wrap up 4Nations tournament in Finland today...

Will Smith 4g 1a
Ryan Leonard 3g 2a
Gave Perreault 6 a

Back to normal for them piling up the multi-points after losing 5-2t o Finland yesterday despite outshootibgvFinkand bypass wide margin...They justcdid not go in yesterday...butc oday no problems filling the net.

So finish with 2-1record for the ournament.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
When The Hockey Writers did a mock draft 3 weeks ago,Hawks were sitting 3rd pre-lotto on that day ...They ran Tankathon and CBJ held onto the 1st pick slot ...Hawks fell to 4th from 3rd because PHI from 9th moved up to 2nd
Anaheim drafted in 3rd spot

So they had Bedard to CBJ
Fantilli to PHI
Michkov to ANH*
Carlsson to CHI
Will Smith to ARIZONA

* they said that the team most likely to wait 3 seasons after this current one to insert Michkov
woukd be Anaheim because they already have Zegras and McTavish at centers and need stars on the wing..though if they took a Centerthey coukd move Zegras to wing...but that Zegras and McTavish just needed a few more years of NHL experience and continued development before they reach their prime period as NHL players and ANH can then just drop in Michkov as a ready winger (after 3 more seasons developing in the KHL) to play on a linexwith Zegras or McTavish..
Anyway ....so even if Hawksxend up in this scenario we still get Carlsson at 4th

My view is tgat whike Carlsson certainly has size and good skill and a well rounded 200 ft ganectgat is close to just beibgvibserted into the NHL next season,tge Hawksxwill still stink next seasonand no rush to insert a rookie Center...Akso Carlsson hinseld compared his ganecto Anne Kopitar...fine but to me Will Smith is such a sensational consistent pouts guy who his also responsible defefensiveky...his only flaw isctgat he will need 2 years in tge NCAa to fill out add weightcand strength to his lankyvframe to improve his battle effectiveness fir oucksvin the boards..but in every other aspect of hockey except power (advabtagexCarksdin) Smith isctge mire talented player and higher ceiling in points production.

If I am GM I want Smith over Carlsson ...noth with a Kopitar.. but Hawks need a a guy who drives a line to superior star offensive production.

I wantxax199 points ceiling guy notcax70 points ceiling guy who may get there actearcirctwo years ahead of a Smith NHL ETA..

Now it coukd bevtgat of course PHIbdoes not move up from that far down to win thec2nd spit.

But it is possible another team higher in the standings wins and bumps Hawks down 1 spit..
This is probably the best odds of what likely happens ....

So mist likely to least likely:

i) Hawks get bumped down 1
ii) Hawks move up to first or 2nd if they are not in thse spots ore-lotto
iii( Hawks stay in 2nd or 3rdifvthatvusxwhere they are pre-lotto
Iv) Hawks get very bad luck and get bumped back 2 spots.

I think the Hawks want a Center and would not be risking on Michkov...notcso much the 3 year wait after this season...but ratger you build cup cont ebdrswith 1C and 1D linchpin to your squad...not wingers..

Also Michkov is small....so Nazar who might be a winger or a 2C but I cannot see Hawks going for Michkov. ..unless they get bumped down to 5th and Smith is gone at #4 ...

In a scenario where Hawks xare drafting 5th and if Michkov still there I can see Hawks tradibg Down...if there is another team willing to trade up and wait till 26/27 to insert Michkov.

Hawks have also not proven to be a Russian shop as with Washington and some other teams who have relied on Russian talent a lot more than Chicago has with the exception of the couple if years Panarin played in Chicago.

For several reasons I doubt Hawks want to draft Michkov....
If Hawks get Bedardcor Fantilli ...great ..if not then decision between SMITH and CARLSSON at #3 or which ever remains on the board at #4...
AT #5 If MIchkov only one if top 5 remaining then decision to wait on him or trade down if haul back deemed fine ...

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
When The Hockey Writers did a mock draft 3 weeks ago,Hawks were sitting 3rd pre-lotto on that day ...They ran Tankathon and CBJ held onto the 1st pick slot ...Hawks fell to 4th from 3rd because PHI from 9th moved up to 2nd

Fantilli to PHI
Michkov to ANH*
Carlsson to CHI
Will Smith to ARIZONA

* they said that the team most likely to wait 3 seasons after this current one to insert Michkov
woukd be Anaheim because they already have Zegras and McTavish at centers and need stars on the wing..though if they took a Centerthey coukd move Zegras to wing...but that Zegras and McTavish just needed a few more years of NHL experience and continued development before they reach their prime period as NHL players and ANH can then just drop in Michkov as a ready winger (after 3 more seasons developing in the KHL) to play on a linexwith Zegras or McTavish..
Anyway ....so even if Hawksxend up in this scenario we still get Carlsson at 4th

My view is tgat whike Carlsson certainly has size and good skill and a well rounded 200 ft ganectgat is close to just beibgvibserted into the NHL next season,tge Hawksxwill still stink next seasonand no rush to insert a rookie Center...Akso Carlsson hinseld compared his ganecto Anne Kopitar...fine but to me Will Smith is such a sensational consistent pouts guy who his also responsible defefensiveky...his only flaw isctgat he will need 2 years in tge NCAa to fill out add weightcand strength to his lankyvframe to improve his battle effectiveness fir oucksvin the boards..but in every other aspect of hockey except power (advabtagexCarksdin) Smith isctge mire talented player and higher ceiling in points production.

If I am GM I want Smith over Carlsson ...noth with a Kopitar.. but Hawks need a a guy who drives a line to superior star offensive production.

I wantxax199 points ceiling guy notcax70 points ceiling guy who may get there actearcirctwo years ahead of a Smith NHL ETA..

Now it coukd bevtgat of course PHIbdoes not move up from that far down to win thec2nd spit.

But it is possible another team higher in the standings wins and bumps Hawks down 1 spit..

I think the Hawks want a Center and would not be risking on Michkov...notcso much the 3 year wait after this season...but ratger you build cup cont ebdrswith 1C and 1D linchpin to your squad...not wingers..

Also Michkov is small....so Nazar who might be a winger or a 2C but I cannot see Hawks going for Michkov. ..unless they get bumped down to 5th and Smith is gone at #4 ...

In a scenario where Hawks xare drafting 5th and if Michkov still there I can see Hawks tradibg Down...if there is another team willing to trade up and wait till 26/27 to insert Michkov.

Hawks have also not proven to be a Russian shop as with Washington and some other teams who have relied on Russian talent a lot more than Chicago has with the exception of the couple if years Panarin played in Chicago.

If Hawks get Bedardcor Fantilli ...great ..if not then decision between SMITH and CARLSSON at #3 or which ever remains on the board at #4...
AT #5 If MIchkov only one if top 5 remaining then decision to wait on him or trade down if haul back deemed fine ...

I'm in the "don't draft Michkov" camp too and it's all about the "Russian reason". Putting aside the past (lack of) luck the Hawks have had with Russian players - it's the war that concerns me. Not to delve into politics here but it seems to me the war is escalating rather than coming to a peaceful conclusion. If the Hawks acquire additional 1st round picks or if Michkov falls to the TB pick - then maybe take a chance on selecting him - but not in the top-5 where the Hawks need to get a for sure foundational piece for the rebuild, or at least as "for sure" as you can get without geopolitics playing a role.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Fantilli to PHI
Michkov to ANH*
Carlsson to CHI
Will Smith to ARIZONA

I actually agree with this. It seems like Smith fits more into what KD is looking for in a player. But hear Carlsson skates well and is a big kid. I would rather get 1 or 2 and not have too worry about who to pick.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Safonov on a bit of a heater streak....4g 4a +8 over last 10GP...

For the season 15g 15a 30 pts +14 in58GP for AKBars of the KHL...5 more games remaining in regular season before pkayoffs begin..

So this projects to 16g 16a +15 for the season.

Last edited:

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Thoughts on Isaak Phillips?

Is he a 2-way D? Does he have any upside as a top 4 in nhl?

What is still stopping him from making nhl full-time?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Thoughts on Isaak Phillips?

Is he a 2-way D? Does he have any upside as a top 4 in nhl?

What is still stopping him from making nhl full-time?
Davidson likes his prospects super ripe. He’ll likely be in the NHL full time next year, he looked like he belonged in the games played this year. 2nd pairing upside and yes he’s a two way guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad