Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
It's not just playing time. The Hawks offer one of the least competitive paths to the NHL currently and they get to play in a top-5 NHL market. A 22/23-year-old college kids isn't concerned about making the playoffs. He's concerned about getting an NHL paycheque and having an opportunity to make the NHL.
western mich is only 2.5 hours away so maybe they want to be in CHI for a few years. im sure alot of here college friends are coming here. better NHL path for forwards then D. unless we move mcabe and murph. which i think we should. we then can sign some vets on 1 year deals at over salary

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
AF2FD569-3357-4A08-A28B-E2B9B767C5C1.jpeg

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Last night I watched Ottawa 67s pound Kinston 8-1 in OHL action...

Otawa is #1 intgexIHL EAST so a top contender to get to the OHL Championship and if they beat the West Champion then ont to the Memorial Cup..

Kingston is a bottom team with little talent left after graduations and trades from the team they iced last season..... Hawks 2nd rounder draftee Paul Ludwinski did get an assist on the Kingston line goal...but not a lot of talent or good veterans on that team ,so he is not going to be putting up a lot of points with the cast around him...I thought he played well but Kingston got out -shot by40-20 and so spent a lot of time in tgdirvown zone as the 8-1 score result for Ottawa reflects.

Hard to judge how good Ottawa really is against a poor team like Kingston....but they really dominated and showed me a lot of depth...the 2 new acquisitions Logan Morrison and Pavel Mintyukpv played great as expected...very good players..
So a #1squad in the OHL East got even better with these 2 trade addtions.

However I want to talk about sone of the Ottawa 67s 2023 draft eligibles ...

Luca Pinelli is a LW rated from 23rd to mid 2nd on a litvof rankings..Still listedxatc5'9 163 but they can grow and add weightva lot in their draft year and hecdoes not tirn18 till June...Could bexa target for our pick from TB or our own 2nd rounder...

I want to see how he plays vs.otger likely 1st and 2nd rounders at the CHL/NHL Top Orosoects Game on January 25th
Pinellivshoukd be in with a group in tge 23-45range ...sova kitcto choose from.If everything is close govwithvsize over snakker players..He is not big.

However 1 67s player who is 1st tomeceligibke who caught my eye last night is Cooper Foster...He is 5'11 173 lbs now but does notvturn 18 till August...

He was taken by Ottawa in the 2nd the OHL draft by Ottawa...got into some games last season and gotv4asdists in limited tome but spent most of last seasonin lower junior...

..This year he has pkayedcrealkycwell for Ottawa and when they had injuries to sone vet wingers earlier this seadon hegotcekevated tomecabd scored 8 goaksv inn a 16 game stretch when the 2 vet s were out injured..

Further he now looks even more confident and comfortable intge OHL and after Ottaw landed Logan Morrison (a top OHL scorer and leader at Center) in a trade before the deadline,tgec67s decided to put Cooper Foster onto tge RWxslitvon tge Morrison line and fron what I have seen in this game he has looked very goid playing with Morrison..
I THINK Cooper Foster may becone a big riser by final draft ranjibgvtome..

He was not invited to tge Too Prosoecys Game but my hunch is he coukd be very good promaterial..

I think he may grow more but also will get stronger adding weight.
What impressed me about him(he did score goal last night) is his responsible 2 way play..His skating looked fine to me ..made sone good rushes into the o-zone ...he was very good both seaking off in the neutral zone stopping attacks and was good digging pucks out then making sonething happen taking the puck out of board battles...he back checks well and sticks on his check without losing his man like so many do..
He plays hard and intelligent hockey but has skill to go with it...Overall he plays the right way and with hockey sense and effort.

This is the 1st time I have watched my local Ottawa 67s all season to date but from this 1 game all I can say this kid kid caught my eye .I think of hevus not a big riser by finaklrankings ,which ever team drafts him is going to get a steal...
Now..NHL Central Scouting mid-tern rankings cone out soon...usually before the Top Prosoects game...so we should know soon how they rank Cooper Foster...hexwas not on their Preliminary Players to watch list and s off the radar before this season started.
I think he may now be a worth "A" level prosoect and his production may accelerate the rest of the season now that he is up on one of the 2 top lines for Ottawa playing with Logan Morrison.

However the facts not invited to thexToo Prospects Game may still keep him ranked much lower than his potential suggests..

But if he produces to an even higher level now given an opportunity to play with Morrison,he coujd be that proverbial late season "ruser" everyone is talking about before the draft.
Cooper Foster is kistedxasxa Center and may well play Center next season...butvdor now hevis RW on the Morrison line,andxI really liked what I saw of him last night.. Liwxrisj floor but we are just realizing he may have a much higher ceiling than a lot of ranking organizations had realized....

So I do want to keep tabs on him the rest of thexseason to confirm my gut feeling he may be a steal for whoever drafts him..

Otawa also has Brady Stonehouse a 2094 born not drafted p who is having a greatseasin forc them...a fireplug at 5'10 194 lbs,Stonehouse is a relentless forechecker...physical hitter ..steaks pucks off the opps...great conpete andwork ethic and responsible defensively....but in hisxD+1 he added a lot more scoring and now presents as a good draft candidate for a late 2nd or early 3rd ...he is fearless and takes pucks hard to the net.

Finally the overage star Logan Morrison ...he caught my eyevkast season in Hamilton but never got drafted...so I'd a Free agent..
He is too good for theOHL now that he has developed...a top scorer at Center in the league. This is his final OHL year..Hawks SHOULD go after this guy to sign as one if not The top free agent from Juniors that they do not have to spend Draft capital on...At worst he coukd help Rockford Center as a good AHL pro ...at best he makes the Show and brings scoring ability to a Hawks team that sorely needs more of that...
Anyway.....just my thoughts on some Ottawa 67s prospects maybe Hawks could be targeting...

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Last night I watched Ottawa 67s pound Kinston 8-1 in OHL action...

Otawa is #1 intgexIHL EAST so a top contender to get to the OHL Championship and if they beat the West Champion then ont to the Memorial Cup..

Kingston is a bottom team with little talent left after graduations and trades from the team they iced last season..... Hawks 2nd rounder draftee Paul Ludwinski did get an assist on the Kingston line goal...but not a lot of talent or good veterans on that team ,so he is not going to be putting up a lot of points with the cast around him...I thought he played well but Kingston got out -shot by40-20 and so spent a lot of time in tgdirvown zone as the 8-1 score result for Ottawa reflects.

Hard to judge how good Ottawa really is against a poor team like Kingston....but they really dominated and showed me a lot of depth...the 2 new acquisitions Logan Morrison and Pavel Mintyukpv played great as expected...very good players..
So a #1squad in the OHL East got even better with these 2 trade addtions.

However I want to talk about sone of the Ottawa 67s 2023 draft eligibles ...

Luca Pinelli is a LW rated from 23rd to mid 2nd on a litvof rankings..Still listedxatc5'9 163 but they can grow and add weightva lot in their draft year and hecdoes not tirn18 till June...Could bexa target for our pick from TB or our own 2nd rounder...

I want to see how he plays vs.otger likely 1st and 2nd rounders at the CHL/NHL Top Orosoects Game on January 25th
Pinellivshoukd be in with a group in tge 23-45range ...sova kitcto choose from.If everything is close govwithvsize over snakker players..He is not big.

However 1 67s player who is 1st tomeceligibke who caught my eye last night is Cooper Foster...He is 5'11 173 lbs now but does notvturn 18 till August...

He was taken by Ottawa in the 2nd the OHL draft by Ottawa...got into some games last season and gotv4asdists in limited tome but spent most of last seasonin lower junior...

..This year he has pkayedcrealkycwell for Ottawa and when they had injuries to sone vet wingers earlier this seadon hegotcekevated tomecabd scored 8 goaksv inn a 16 game stretch when the 2 vet s were out injured..

Further he now looks even more confident and comfortable intge OHL and after Ottaw landed Logan Morrison (a top OHL scorer and leader at Center) in a trade before the deadline,tgec67s decided to put Cooper Foster onto tge RWxslitvon tge Morrison line and fron what I have seen in this game he has looked very goid playing with Morrison..
I THINK Cooper Foster may becone a big riser by final draft ranjibgvtome..

He was not invited to tge Too Prosoecys Game but my hunch is he coukd be very good promaterial..

I think he may grow more but also will get stronger adding weight.
What impressed me about him(he did score goal last night) is his responsible 2 way play..His skating looked fine to me ..made sone good rushes into the o-zone ...he was very good both seaking off in the neutral zone stopping attacks and was good digging pucks out then making sonething happen taking the puck out of board battles...he back checks well and sticks on his check without losing his man like so many do..
He plays hard and intelligent hockey but has skill to go with it...Overall he plays the right way and with hockey sense and effort.

This is the 1st time I have watched my local Ottawa 67s all season to date but from this 1 game all I can say this kid kid caught my eye .I think of hevus not a big riser by finaklrankings ,which ever team drafts him is going to get a steal...
Now..NHL Central Scouting mid-tern rankings cone out soon...usually before the Top Prosoects game...so we should know soon how they rank Cooper Foster...hexwas not on their Preliminary Players to watch list and s off the radar before this season started.
I think he may now be a worth "A" level prosoect and his production may accelerate the rest of the season now that he is up on one of the 2 top lines for Ottawa playing with Logan Morrison.

However the facts not invited to thexToo Prospects Game may still keep him ranked much lower than his potential suggests..

But if he produces to an even higher level now given an opportunity to play with Morrison,he coujd be that proverbial late season "ruser" everyone is talking about before the draft.
Cooper Foster is kistedxasxa Center and may well play Center next season...butvdor now hevis RW on the Morrison line,andxI really liked what I saw of him last night.. Liwxrisj floor but we are just realizing he may have a much higher ceiling than a lot of ranking organizations had realized....

So I do want to keep tabs on him the rest of thexseason to confirm my gut feeling he may be a steal for whoever drafts him..

Otawa also has Brady Stonehouse a 2094 born not drafted p who is having a greatseasin forc them...a fireplug at 5'10 194 lbs,Stonehouse is a relentless forechecker...physical hitter ..steaks pucks off the opps...great conpete andwork ethic and responsible defensively....but in hisxD+1 he added a lot more scoring and now presents as a good draft candidate for a late 2nd or early 3rd ...he is fearless and takes pucks hard to the net.

Finally the overage star Logan Morrison ...he caught my eyevkast season in Hamilton but never got drafted...so I'd a Free agent..
He is too good for theOHL now that he has developed...a top scorer at Center in the league. This is his final OHL year..Hawks SHOULD go after this guy to sign as one if not The top free agent from Juniors that they do not have to spend Draft capital on...At worst he coukd help Rockford Center as a good AHL pro ...at best he makes the Show and brings scoring ability to a Hawks team that sorely needs more of that...
Anyway.....just my thoughts on some Ottawa 67s prospects maybe Hawks could be targeting...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mrfenn92

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Reuchel sent back down.. Kane Returns for next game Hawks to therefore go back i to Tank mode.

1 Let Kane do it..(rest of team won't try as much now that "superstar" is back) .he won't...besides Tank needs wingers not interested in checking anyone. .

2.Ends success of north -south style...back to losing east -west style Kane prefers and the requisite slow -down / wait for open man for cross-ice pass to perimeter ,where upon nothing happens and Hawks soon lose possession again ...
3.Reichel rejoins Seney abd Gustin Rockford to help them get back to winning again.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Liam Gorman (Hawks own his rights)with a big night...also had 2g +1a in 5-2 win for Princetonover LIU ..

Taige Harding as posted above with 2g and 1a...for his big night as Providence wins big 8-3 over Merrimack.

Only 1g 0a for Jake Wise but it was part of an 7-2 pounding by Ohio State over Michigan(Adam Fantilli had 1a for the losers who were #6 ranked before the game but lost to #8 ranked Ohio State by a lopsided embarassment).

In OHL action ...in a trap game for Sarnia after all their star acquisitions via trades,they lose 5-3 to Kingston who had traded away several star scorers from last years team including Shane Wright and basically had gone a lot younger and had only a few vets left including Paul Ludwinski who we drafted onl y last summer s...Anyway...Del Mastro had his1st goal for Sarnia since traded fom Mississauga but was-1 ...Ludwinski had 1a +1 and 13/21 on draws...

There was a shift on a Kingston Pk where Ludwinski got what seemed like a break-away as he skated past Del Mastro ...but Del Mastro from behind with his long reach managed to swat the puck off Ludwinski's stick.. showing how that long reached has helps when a skater is getting behind him...

There was another shift where Ludwinsk had what seemed like a clear break-away with nobody in his path to the goalie but he was skating so fast he tripped on his own feet .
Overall Ludwinski showed very good speed all night and good positional and checking ability in the neutral zone...frustrating several Sarnia attempts to enter the Kingston zone..BUt Ludwinski does not have a lot of veteran scoribg help to work with ..so don't expect a lot of big scoring from him the rest of the season...they can win trap games n better teams take them lightly and if the now young team works hard but
but most nights the better teans will show up and win against them...tonight Sarnia and their usual star scorers only had about 10 minutes out of 60 where they dominated play ..I am sure they took Kingston too lightly and did not put in a good effort when tge young Kingston squad did come together as a team with a solid effort.

Flint lost 6-4 to Sudbury...Gavin Hayes did get goal for Flint but was-3 onthe night.

Back to the NCAA...2 other er Hawks draftees got goals tonight...Aidan Thompson got a goal in a 7-0 pounding Denver game to Miami of Ohio ...and Dominic Janes scored a goal in a 3-2 loss by Minn-Duluth to Nebraska-Omnaha..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ho hum...another 4 point night for Bedard..
A hatty and a primary assistvin ax7-4 win over Saskatoon..
So sad we are not going to have luck and will of course not win hom in the lotto..

Maybe somebody should consult the astrological charts just in case I am wrong about him landing with another club...not the Hawks...If the charts say we will have draft luck on lottery draw night then I will turn my sighs to a happy cannot wait for the miracle.

As I posted above Fantilli with 1 measley assist ONLY in a 7-2 loss by Michigan to Ohio State....Hardly a consolation prize when Bedard keep piling on mind-blowing generational production it seems almost every game.
The lucky team that gets him...I will be so envious,you cannot imagine.

Meanwhile no great shakes tonight for our Seattle D-duo of Allan and Korchinski=pointless night for both...though Seattle wins their game 3-2...

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
91E1EC56-9E5D-4F00-A795-8283BF363B3B.jpeg

Back at it tonight

Seney Reichel Gust
Sikura Guttman Robinson
Hardman Philp Teply
Lynch Mitchell Busdeker

Galvas Regula
Vlasic Clandening
Roos Crevier

Weekes

Hogs lose 3-1

(g) Sikura

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
ELC watch: Landon Slaggert, Ryder Rolston, Wyatt Kaiser, Drew Commesso, Dominic Basse

All of which are in their third year of college hockey. Do they all get contracts at the end of the season, or sent back for a fourth year where they can easily become free agents?

Then there's Liam Gorman who KD went out of his way to acquire his rights. So have to imagine he gets a contract.

And finally the wild card, Jake Wise.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
ELC watch: Landon Slaggert, Ryder Rolston, Wyatt Kaiser, Drew Commesso, Dominic Basse

All of which are in their third year of college hockey. Do they all get contracts at the end of the season, or sent back for a fourth year where they can easily become free agents?

Then there's Liam Gorman who KD went out of his way to acquire his rights. So have to imagine he gets a contract.

And finally the wild card, Jake Wise.
Kaiser and Commesso to me are locks. Slaggert has struggled this year but I am still a fan of his. So he’s probably more then likely to sign.
Rolston and Basse probably head back for another year. Both have had solid seasons to date. Liam Gorman probably sticks till he graduates and then signs.
Wise is very interesting. Sign him and have him burn this season and then he gets next year to see his future. Basically one more year after this until the inflated draft classes need deals.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Off night for Bedard...ONLY 2goals...no assits ...So off noght...only 2 points compared to 5 points the night prior (hattycand 2A) ....of course just as on Friday night,tonight he also had the GWG again in a 4-3vixtory for Regina..

Scorecard for a Fri and Sat. 2 noghtsvofcwirk:

5g 2 a 2 GWGs...2 Regina victories on large part because of hom...now that is Showtine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad