Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Aidan Thompson with 3 assists ladt night in a Denver 7-0 win...He is a pointt a game pace with 16 pts in16GP (5g 12a)...

I wish Hawks had a goal scoring prosoect terrorizing tge NCAa but it appears both Thompson for Denver and Greene for Boston U. Are tilting more towards the assist side of the scoring ledger...maybe because they are freshmen and deferring to older or more experienced colkege players on their lines?

Want to see one of our Posoects as "the guy" with a trigger man shot and piling up goals...
Thomoson played on a line with Pittsburgh draftee Tristan Broz who scored 4 goals for Denver in this game....

Thompson is actually older than Broz (Feb.2002 vs. OCT 2002 ) Both beibgv20nyearscokd ...butcBroz hasx1 more year of NCAa experience(Soph-transfer from Minnesota) whike Thompson just a freshman.

Whatever...Thimson has 5g 11 in 16GP which is good fora firstcyearvpkayer...Maybe .nextcseason he can snipexa not more and get a more balanced production.

My point is...if Hawks prospects are mostly set up guys(which is fine) you have to ask who in our prospect pool has the shot /hands to finish for them?
Bedard of course would solvee that ..but of course we will not be lucky in the lotto...so maybe they ought to target snioers/goal scorers/finishers instead of more 2/3 heavy on assists guys?

Last edited:

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Aidan Thompson with 3 assists ladt night in a Denver 7-0 win...He is a pointt a game pace with 16 pts in16GP (5g 12a)...

I wish Hawks had a goal scoring prosoect terrorizing tge NCAa but it appears both Thompson for Denver and Greene for Boston U. Are tilting more towards the assist side of the scoring ledger...maybe because they are freshmen and deferring to older or more experienced colkege players on their lines?

Want to see one of our Posoects as "the guy" with a trigger man shot and piling up goals...
Thomoson played on a line with Pittsburgh draftee Tristan Broz who scored 4 goals for Denver in this game....

Thompson is actually older than Broz (Feb.2002 vs. OCT 2002 ) Both beibgv20nyearscokd ...butcBroz hasx1 more year of NCAa experience(Soph-transfer from Minnesota) whike Thompson just a freshman.

Whatever...Thimson has 5g 11 in 16GP which is good fora firstcyearvpkayer...Maybe .nextcseason he can snipexa not more and get a more balanced production.

My point is...if Hawks prospects are mostly set up guys(which is fine) you have to ask who in our prospect pool has the shot /hands to finish for them?
Bedard of course would solvee that ..but of course we will not be lucky in the lotto...so maybe they ought to target snioers/goal scorers/finishers instead of more 2/3 heavy on assists guys?
generally for every goal there is 1.75 assists Thompson is close. hayes and savioe have been big goal scorers.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Revived from the dead?

2 prospects in the pipeline most hawksfans have hardly discussed this season have perhaps emerged in the discussion again.

After beimg out witcan injury early this season and slow start after getting back in the lineup,Antti Saarela has heated up...last 10GP he has 4g5a +5...His total is 7g 8a in 30 GP ...sobyou can see how poorly his first 20 games were and how much better he has pkayedcrecebtly...he plays for Lukko in tge Liga in Finland..
Maybe heis back on the radar to bring over and sign ...monitor to see if this better pkay continues .
Quietly.. with hardly any mention on these boards,Liam Gorman is putting up a very good Junior year season at Princeton..
10g 6a =16 points +10 in 19 GP...in his last 10GP
he is 6g 5a +6 so hopefully he keeps up that pace...it is not likely he would leave Princeton University before he his degree after plating his Senior year next season..but nice to see his emergence for their team ...see if he can get even better next sesson...
But at least he shoukd be not forgotten in our pipeline discussion of prospects...

After being out several weeks with an injury Artur Kayumov was back on the Lokomotiv lineup o their last GP ...he did not scor any points ...

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
CA109DBF-90C0-477B-B2F5-A90FC030E7DA.jpeg

Seney Philp Gust
Sikura Reichel Guttman
Hardman Slavin Teply
Lynch Mitchell Busdeker

Vlasic Regula
Roos Galvas
Zech Crevier

Wells

Hogs lose 5-2

(g) Slavin, Gust

(a) Seney, Philp
8BCC65F2-D66C-4751-B3A3-6FF215C92234.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Naster Okan

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
9DF8EF59-392F-49CD-8CFC-9A565762C87D.jpeg

Seney Philp Gust
Hardman Reichel Teply
Sikura Guttman Busdeker
Lynch Slavin Gicewicz

Vlasic Galvas
Roos Regula
Watson Clandening

Soderblom

Hogs lose 7-2

Bad stretch going on

(G) Philp Gust
9D963E29-E0E3-4920-B679-2F07EF0817EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
F45BCB26-69CF-4B48-8672-AF7A74AF7640.jpeg

Seney Philp Gust
Hardman Reichel Teply
Sikura Guttman Busdeker
Lynch Slavin Gicewicz

Vlasic Crevier
Roos Regula
Galvas Clandening

Wells

Hogs getting their ass whipped again
6-2 chicago

Clandening and Busdeker goals

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Back from the Dead?

Artur Kayumov had 1g 1a today in a Kokomotiv win ..Naxin Shalunov akso scored a goal.

Kaumov had been out several weeks (must have gotten hurt late December early January...just got back (this I think is his 2nd or 3d game back since his long absence from the lineup...

Before his injury hew as coming on strong playing on a top 2 line with Shalunov..

It may be they put him back with Shalunov so we shall have to see how the remainder of the seasson plays out ...his contract ends after this 8eason nut there may not be any way to get hom to the NHL fron Russia given the suspension of the international transfer Agreement betwern the NHK and KHL due to Russia invading Ukraine ...

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A5454756-C5B2-4985-985B-59CA826159DA.jpeg

Hogs lose 2-1 in overtime Guttman goal Galvas assist

Seney Reichel gust
Sikura Guttman Busdeker
Hardman Slavin Lynch
Horwath Gicewicz Moissan-Adams

Vlasic Crevier
Phillips Clandening
Galvas Regula

Soderblom
521F9643-5C28-45C6-A27F-2E8701C5BF48.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Lukas Reichel slumping badly...only 1g 2a I last 8GP for Icehogs and -5 over that span ...

Do you think Hawks not rewarding him by keeping him in the show and yo -yoing him up and down after brief stints has affected his motivation?

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game goes tonight Jan.25th in Vancouver..

I will stay up late to watch...Then report my observations.

Wonder if Bedard putson a show for his hometown crowd OR pukjsxaxstinker in front of family and friends or if the opposing squad of Top Prospects pkays extra hard to shut him down?

Game does not mean much as to rankings for the top guys there but it can raise tge stick of some expected to go only late first or 2nd or a few 3rd round ranked guys who NHL clubs wanted to view in thismgane.

Recall that Patrick Kane who was dominating OHL in his draft year had a stinker TopProspects Game ...invisible...

Remember Alomar Alice had a terrific Too Prosoects Game in his draft year.. Hawksxdrafted him but tgat flopoed.

So you never know..

Still interesting to watch.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They released data on testing done with the Top Prospects at the Kubota CHL NHL Top Prospects Game ...

Connor Bedard ranked only in top 5 in 1 test outof thec 10 tests conducted...*

*The tests were all on skating and agility....Forward without puck 30 m.race...Backwards 30 m race without puck ...forward with puck control...backwards with puck control...transition ...transition with puck control...weaving without the puck ...and weaving with puck control and then reaction and reaction with puck drills ...

#1with more top 5s than anyone was LW Nick Lardis Hamilton Bulldogs who could be a riser..
He was ranked in 8i0s to 90s on a bunch of ranking lists.. But he has been terrific and productive since he got traded to Hamilton from Peterborough...If he keeps up his current pace with Hamilton through rest of thec season and impresses in the Too Prosoects Game tonight he could be a riser by final rankings. Landis has 7g 6a in 8GP since his trade to Hamilton...Usually guys ranking that do not get vinvited to Top Prspects Games..but maybe he us getting more featiredctimevinHamilton and maybe NHK scouts wanted to check him out more now?
Brayden Yaeger o made it into the top 5 on 2 tests of these skating agility and puck control and creaction drills..

They did not test shooting or passing or have not yet released that data if they did those drills..
But I will check if there was a later data release on that.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Lukas Reichel slumping badly...only 1g 2a I last 8GP for Icehogs and -5 over that span ...

Do you think Hawks not rewarding him by keeping him in the show and yo -yoing him up and down after brief stints has affected his motivation?

He's playing center exclusively now over the wing position. That's probably why. He's adjusting (I still believe he'll be a wing in the NHL that can play center in a pinch).

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019

Didn't he start the season slowly too, maybe going back to A means he is starting season "again".

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

The whole icehogs team is struggling offensively as of now. They will be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Putt Pirate

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Another interesting prospect at TheCHL NHL
Top Prspects game is Center Carey Terrance Erie Otters who is from the Fiurst Nations Akwesasne Reservation N.Y. ....his tean is 3rd last n the OHL ...so not a lot of help for him playing on a bad team..

But in the on ice testing with and without the puck skating and agility tests he finished 3rd overall in getting to more top 5s on these tests. He was in the top 5 in 6 of the 10 tests...

He was the only one to be in top 5 for both weaving agility without the puck and weavibg agility with the puck....suggesting hard to check and cover player .. good size at his age (still 17) 6''1 175...
I think he could be a sleeper/riser if a team thinks the reason his stats are not uo there with top ten or other ranked first rounders could be that he just plays onna team without a lot of talent to help him.There seems to be a lot of potential given his athletic skills and pretty good size for his age..

Still, he projects to a 30g 18a season if he plays out rest of this OHL season... While not eyepping stats, he nevertheless is a very interesting kid with potential. Given his skating agility and puck control skills...

Be interesting to see how he plays in this game withso much better takent to playvwith him than he gets in Erie this season.

Terrance will be on Connor Bedard's team tonight but obviously playing 2C orv 3C or 4c If he is not moved to wing because Bedard will be the featured 1C for that squad. Lw Zac Benson is also on Bedard's team and interested to see if they put him with Bedard's line or use him with another ofthe centers ....Therrexare 6 other Centers listed on Bedard's team so at least 3 of thev6 otger centers will have to play wing tonight...unfair but itvis what it is so Terrance probably gets a bottom 2 line role and maybe not even at his normal Center position.

2 Seattle Thunderbird draft eligible LW Nico Myatovic and C Gracyn Sawchyn are also on Bedard's Tean Red ...

With them it may be the reverse of the Carrey Terrance playing on a bad team /no helo/ lower stats than potential suggests issue..instead tgeybokaybonba stacked Seattkecteam...but featured roles for them are thus less ...so ttheir stats might be higher and rankings higher if they got more featured roles ...

Myatovic is a big 6'3LW ...hex excelked with 2 top 5s in the on ice testing drills inckuding weaving with puck control (5th best) and reaction time with puck control (1st)...given the size if you can be that big and agile eand and control pucks dodging checks well I think he could be a very interesting target for our TB pick in round 1 or our own pick in round 2...

I am not sure what the reaction time tests measure ...

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Andrew Cristal (Kelowna WHK( will not be in thec ubota CHL NHL Top Prosoects Game (unable to pkay...do not know if it is an injury or an illness)...replaced by Denver Barkey London Knights who is a very energetic good sjatung and shiftyplayer .. I noticed him when I watched Londonn(albeit only 2 game so far this season)....very good jump to hunt loose pucks.. quick and agile to deke out checkers and take pucks to slot.. I sort of like him .Only v5'8v174 at age 17 still...but good motor and puck control agility...

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Andrew Cristal (Kelowna WHK( will not be in thec ubota CHL NHL Top Prosoects Game (unable to pkay...do not know if it is an injury or an illness)...replaced by Denver Barkey London Knights who is a very energetic good sjatung and shiftyplayer .. I noticed him when I watched Londonn(albeit only 2 game so far this season)....very good jump to hunt loose pucks.. quick and agile to deke out checkers and take pucks to slot.. I sort of like him .Only v5'8v174 at age 17 still...but good motor and puck control agility...
Cristall is injured

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
CHL NHL Top Prosoects Game justcstarted..

20 seconds in Bedard gets cross-cjecked Team Red o Pp...

Ratzlaff makes save on Bedard's first shot on the PP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad