Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Tiger looks better than I've seen him in a long time, even better than 2013 form to me. To be even competitive in your first tournament in a year and a half is incredible. Hopefully he only plays like a tournament a month schedule.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Tiger's been a whole bag of meh today.

If bogeying par 5's makes me want to kill somebody. What does double bogeying one make me want to do? Seriously Tiger.

He's going to double bogey his 2nd par 5 in a couple moments.

2 double bogeys. On Par 5's.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Matsuyama choking?

Lucky for him Stenson is not exactly spectacular today.

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Well deserved for Henrik Stenson. That round was one for the ages and one of the best I've ever seen played. He was possessed that entire week and on a completely different plane compared to everyone else.

It's too bad the Tiger haters have to make everything about Tiger, though :P

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I guess this thread is more about men's golf but this video about a young demale golfer talking about cyber bullying is tough to watch: http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/38220793

Women's golf is welcome here too.

Absolutely disgusting. Makes your stomach turn hearing what these online cowards do to people they don't know. Deplorable, every single last one of these repulsive wastes of oxygen.

Jan 3, 2012
That's awful and she shouldn't have to endure that. However, have to think some of that is occurring because of how she primarily markets herself due to her sexuality. The vast majority of the attention she gets is related to such and not focused on her golf game. It's very unfortunate that people feel the need to say those things to her, but I think if she focused on making people think about her golf game and not her body, may decrease to that end.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I feel sorry for her but I just watched and she has 864k followers on instagram. Some of her videos have 1M+ views. There's not a chance there won't be haters, to the point where you shouldn't even bother reading comments if you're gonna have a public account. In order to stop that, you would have to stop internet. It is a money grab account after all, all the way from having the right thumbnails to get views and marketing sponsors etc.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Couldn't disagree with Joe89 more.

Nobody deserves to have the vitriol directed at them that Paige has had to deal with. Whether she is aware of it or not, chooses to read it or doesn't, there is no excuse for it. None.

As long as she's not hurting anybody or doing anything reprehensible, there is absolutely no justification for people saying those types of things to her. But as we've seen, there is a large segment of deplorable trolls that prowl around on the internet like the cowards they are and derive a sick pleasure from insulting, humiliating and being derogatory towards those they dislike.

It is not okay. And as Paige said, there's a reason why suicide amongst teens is climbing. Some of these people go so far as doxxing and tracking their victims down in real life...

It. Is. Not. Okay. Or. Justifiable. In. Any. Way. Don't normalize this crap.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Couldn't disagree with Joe89 more.

Nobody deserves to have the vitriol directed at them that Paige has had to deal with. Whether she is aware of it or not, chooses to read it or doesn't, there is no excuse for it. None.

As long as she's not hurting anybody or doing anything reprehensible, there is absolutely no justification for people saying those types of things to her. But as we've seen, there is a large segment of deplorable trolls that prowl around on the internet like the cowards they are and derive a sick pleasure from insulting, humiliating and being derogatory towards those they dislike.

It is not okay. And as Paige said, there's a reason why suicide amongst teens is climbing. Some of these people go so far as doxxing and tracking their victims down in real life...

It. Is. Not. Okay. Or. Justifiable. In. Any. Way. Don't normalize this crap.

Thank you for this. I don't think people realize just how bad it can be. I am not a public figure by any means and hardly posted pictures of myself (no selfies or mirror images) and yet I received comments that went way beyond my looks. A picture of the top part of my hand with a scar was a great chance for a stranger to let me know that I should've died.

Anyway, happy for Bjorn today. It's no shock (you could've predicted the last 4 Euro Cs easily), but he's always seemed like a great guy and can't wait for his interviews.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I kind of agree with MFW. I think its fair to question whether she markets herself the way it might appear to get more attention and make more money. There are plenty of really good looking athletes who don't market themselves in that way. Does it effect her golf game? Is she more of a social media star than golfing star? Those are fair questions. Tough, but fair. I don't follow the LPGA that closely, but does she get more attention because she's good looking? If that happens, then maybe some criticism of the coverage she gets and how she contributes to that will be fair. At the same time, maybe thats just the person she is and she'd be posting the same types of pictures, even if she wasn't a professional athlete. I don't know, I'm not going to make a judgement on someone I don't know or barely know anything about, although there are fair questions to ask.

The people sending her death threats and mentioning her family in a negative tone, they are just people with serious problems. I certainly don't blame her for having trouble dealing with that, but I would assume a lot of professional athletes get that, and need to find a way to deal with it. I wish there was a way for twitter, instagram, facebook, other social media websites, apps, and not just an account, but recognize their device they are using to access that social media website, app, and permanently ban them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad