Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
wooooooooow

Hadwin drives it into the water on 16 with a two stroke lead

and I can't even watch the end of this thing cause I have a midterm in half an hour

Jan 3, 2012
Prediction: Cantlay will be in the top 25 of the world rankings by the end of 2017.

Yes, probably. Hoping he lives up to his amateur prowess.

Prediction: Rors won't only win the Masters, he'll win it by more than 4 shots and shoot a Sunday 65.

6f0b425a2457e63d4c2c954c5ac7c71f.jpg

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
going to the dominican on a resort that offers golf everyday, anyone ever travel and bring the clubs?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
going to the dominican on a resort that offers golf everyday, anyone ever travel and bring the clubs?

Yes. What are you asking in particular?

The one thing I'd advise is to use a hard-case, as I've heard a number of stories of clubs breaking in a soft-case. Even a hard case is no guarantee, but more likely they won't break. You are pretty much just taking a risk with how they will be handled by the airport staff. No guarantee on anything with you are dealing with airlines, and their workers.

I really don't know your expenses though. Check with your airline beforehand on prices to check clubs and such. You might end up paying some extra money, and its an extra think to bring, but if those things aren't a big deal, and replacing some clubs won't be a huge deal in case they break, its probably a good idea.

Last edited:

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues

I had a driver shaft snapped years ago using a soft case so if you plan on future golf trips definitely invest in a hard case. I've yet to use Ship Sticks but you might want to compare their fees versus any airline fees plus the hassle of lugging your clubs around. Most resorts have good rental clubs so if your only going to play a couple rounds check out that option, then just pack a couple gloves and a pair of shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad