Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
I'm so behind on my work for this weekend.

:help:

I don't procrastinate with my work, but for some reason, this week I have, and I'm gonna create all types of problems for myself. Two tests to study for, and a paper I've written two sentences of. I feel so lazy this week, don't know why. Maybe its because I have spring break next week.

I was going to wake up early and do my work, but I got all worked up this morning when I saw the Rangers called up Tanner Glass. You can probably relate because Vancouver dealt with this man's infatuation with the worst hockey player in the NHL when was coaching you guys.

Sorry for remind you, but you probably remember this.

Why does AV love that plug so much? Guy is ****ing useless.

What's your major?

Jan 3, 2012
I like Political Science classes. Pretty interesting, and also easy, if you understand the issues. I've taken a few of them.

Yeah they are interesting, and I enjoy the degree for sure. Doesn't provide a ton of employability though, and as such I'll have to do a Masters after. Would've gone into business or economics if I was better at math.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I'd love to punch that fan, who was wearing jeans and taking a selfie while Phil was hit, square in the face

Jan 3, 2012
I'll be ready with a mocking gif and reference this post when Rors proves you wrong ;)

tumblr_n2hv5qrWjS1qci23co1_500.gif

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
DJ is mopping the floor with everyone in the world rankings this year. Leading the OWGR by 78 points for points gained this year, and its only March. He's almost earned double the points of #4 for this year, Tommy Fleetwood.

The two players Ser Woof calls the "frat boys" in second and third for the year quietly having very nice seasons.

But this DJ is pretty much unbeatable when he's playing well, unless he runs into one of the other top players at their best. He's like #1 in every ball striking category every week. How can he be beaten?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The guys up there are good at taking turns. I suspect that won't change. It's just good that there is constantly a benchmark for everybody else if they wanna win a big tournament.

Stenson doing his usual thing to start a season, i.e. not much. He has not won a tournament in january-may in 8 years. Though catching a stomach virus obviously has nothing to do with his game. No consistency in playing and thus having troubles finding that last gear. Looks like he's gonna play a few weeks in a row now though, he definitely needs to if he wanna be in contention for the Masters.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
DJ is mopping the floor with everyone in the world rankings this year. Leading the OWGR by 78 points for points gained this year, and its only March. He's almost earned double the points of #4 for this year, Tommy Fleetwood.

The two players Ser Woof calls the "frat boys" in second and third for the year quietly having very nice seasons.

But this DJ is pretty much unbeatable when he's playing well, unless he runs into one of the other top players at their best. He's like #1 in every ball striking category every week. How can he be beaten?

Meh Spieth said it well, DJ is the most talented golfer on tour. I don't know if I would make him the favourite for Augusta however.

I'm just praying we get a tournament when DJ/Rors/Spieth/Day are all on at the same time and preferably a major.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
PHP:
Meh Spieth said it well, DJ is the most talented golfer on tour. I don't know if I would make him the favourite for Augusta however.

I'm just praying we get a tournament when DJ/Rors/Spieth/Day are all on at the same time and preferably a major.

I'd still say the two most talented are Spieth and McIlroy. DJ is very talented, and he's playing great right now, but I still think he's a little behind those two in overall talent, kind of like how I viewed Day a year ago when he had just come off a really good season, and did well in the early/mid part of 2016.

If DJ's putting and short game improvements are for real, he's the most talented in the world, but I don't think he's as good as his current stats in those areas for 2017 would indicate. DJ's always really struggled in those areas. To go from struggling from just a regular tour player perspective to one of the best would be a big jump. His stats in those areas last year weren't even much better than usual, and he still won POY. DJ also has the lowest golf IQ of anyone near the top of the rankings. The others gain a few shots on him per tournament because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad