Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
80 by Matsuyama :amazed:

:thumbu:

Think Jordan is now guaranteed to pass him in the OWGR.

Woooow

wonder what the deal is

WD's by Bubba, Lowry and DeChambeau aswell.

Glad I switched from Bubba to DJ for fantasy

Probably the weather. I don't know about Lowry and DeChambeau, but Bubba was playing terribly in the first two rounds. He had two holes left in his second round when play was suspended last night, Bubba wasn't close to making the cut, so he WD to not stay overnight. Happens all the time.

The weather for this event has me pretty upset. Only in the Open does the draw usually matter, but with this weather, I think it matters this week. Early/Late got such a better draw. Don't think anyone who played late/early can win, unless they lap the field on the weekend.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Golf Channel has officially created a big four the past day now that DJ is world #1. :shakehead

They have like 5 or 6 questions debating the careers of DJ, Day, McIlroy and Spieth up on their website. Of their two analysts answers for all the questions, I think every single answer was either Rory or Jordan. :laugh: Maybe they only needed a big 2.

Everyone rank the four in terms of overall careers.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think long term its

1. Jordan 2. Rory 3. Jason 4. Dustin

The next few years

1. Jordan 2. Rory 3. Dustin 4. Jason

There is no TW, no one is that much better than the competition, although I kind of think Jordan and Rory have significantly higher long-term potential than the other two.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
This is ridiculous. Does this clock want people to play injured? WD if you can't play. Complete ludicrous.

Im not buying it. He's out there this week, unless it was a blister and with the weather/moisture. There was like 7 or 8 guys last week that WD solely because they were out of it and the weather was bad. He was one of them.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I remember when Willett was. Then Jordan gave him a Masters and now he is just brutal.

True, but Hatton's a number of years younger than Willett was last year. I think Hatton has staying power. Who knows about Willett? Hasn't won since the Masters, a number of really poor rounds, thrown away some tournaments as well that he had a chance to win.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Lesser-known PGA pro Pat Perez is taking a much more cynical view of Woods’s plight, however, saying this week that Woods’s competitive days are over and that he’s only attempting his comeback to stay in the public eye.

“The bottom line is, he knows he can’t beat anybody,” Perez said in an appearance on SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio. “But he’s got this new corporation that he started, so he’s got to keep his name relevant to keep the corporation going. He’s going to show up to a few events, he’s going to try to play. He’s gotta go out there and show the Monster Bag, he’s going to show the TaylorMade driver. He’s going to get on TV, he’s got the Nike clothes, he’s gotta keep that stuff relevant. But the bottom line is he knows he can’t beat anybody. He knows it.”

Maybe they should put them together in the Masters and watch Tiger outplay him

Oh wait, Pat Perez is trash and probably wont qualify

Jan 3, 2012
Lesser-known PGA pro Pat Perez is taking a much more cynical view of Woods’s plight, however, saying this week that Woods’s competitive days are over and that he’s only attempting his comeback to stay in the public eye.

“The bottom line is, he knows he can’t beat anybody,†Perez said in an appearance on SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio. “But he’s got this new corporation that he started, so he’s got to keep his name relevant to keep the corporation going. He’s going to show up to a few events, he’s going to try to play. He’s gotta go out there and show the Monster Bag, he’s going to show the TaylorMade driver. He’s going to get on TV, he’s got the Nike clothes, he’s gotta keep that stuff relevant. But the bottom line is he knows he can’t beat anybody. He knows it.â€

That is a bit ridiculous to think Tiger is just doing it for the dollars. Tiger wants to win.

Atleast Perez isn't lacking in pugnacity and truculence.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012

“The bottom line is, he knows he can’t beat anybody,†Perez said in an appearance on SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio. “But he’s got this new corporation that he started, so he’s got to keep his name relevant to keep the corporation going. He’s going to show up to a few events, he’s going to try to play. He’s gotta go out there and show the Monster Bag, he’s going to show the TaylorMade driver. He’s going to get on TV, he’s got the Nike clothes, he’s gotta keep that stuff relevant. But the bottom line is he knows he can’t beat anybody. He knows it.â€

Well if that is the logic we are going by, you have no business talking trash about Pat Perez because he would mop up the course with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad