Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wouldn't be so sure... If Hideki can't get it with a million wins...? I know Jordan has more trailing OWGR points from 2015, but still it is dumb if he can.

I'm like 99% sure he can, although I'd assume it depends on Day not finishing in the top few spots. Matsuyama can also go to #1, as can Johnson. Stenson and McIlroy can not. The rankings are really weird. The top 6 are so bunched up, as bunched up as I can remember it. After 6, there's a really big drop-off. He gains nothing in terms of places in the OWGR from winning this event, but could go from #6 to #1 with a win next week. Next week's field is very strong. It has 4 of the top 6 in the world. I think its a 12 point stronger field than Pebble Beach.

The rankings work in a strange way. Jordan's won two of his last six, no worse than a 9th place finish in those six starts, yet he dropped a place in the rankings. Jason Day is still leading the OWGR, but hasn't won anywhere since May, just had his first top 5 finish today since September.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Saw Tiger cancelled his already cancelled Press Conference again due to "back spasms"?

At this point, everything surrounding him is a bigger reality show than the joke in the [edited by Woof instead of MSE].

Last edited:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Saw Tiger cancelled his already cancelled Press Conference again due to "back spasms"?

At this point, everything surrounding him is a bigger reality show
He needs to retire and never touch a golf club again. This is now simply a quality of life problem, not a returning to golf problem. He needs to do what's best for his future and not try to rush a recovery to get back. It's not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
He needs to retire and never touch a golf club again. This is now simply a quality of life problem, not a returning to golf problem. He needs to do what's best for his future and not try to rush a recovery to get back. It's not worth it.

Couldn't agree more. He's far too stubborn to do that though. Mentally and physically, I just don't think he's in the proper place when it comes to assessing his future.

I thought you were making a joke about cancelling a presser due to back issues. Wow, that's amazing.

It reminds me of the non-activated glutes excuse, to be honest. Something doesn't add up considering his camp's statements after Dubai downplaying the issue.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
TW is a sideshow. I hope he can get back to being a golfer. He was never this much of a sideshow. He was always more of a golfer than a personalty, despite having so much media attention. Now TW is just a sports personalty, doesn't play that much golf, not that good at it either.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
TW is a sideshow. I hope he can get back to being a golfer. He was never this much of a sideshow. He was always more of a golfer than a personalty, despite having so much media attention. Now TW is just a sports personalty, doesn't play that much golf, not that good at it either.

Remember when Golf Channel dedicated a camera to his parking spot on Tuesday or Wednesday for the 2014 PGA at Valhalla?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone else notice how bad Day has been this year? He's also on the verge of relinquishing #1. Anyone think he might be playing injured? He was injured in the offseason. I hope he isn't injured, but he's just not playing good golf. Putting has been atrocious for a golfer who's normally the second best putter in the world.

Jan 3, 2012

29/40.

I only started following golf 4-5 years ago, and it shows. I got the ones from this generation, but anything earlier I didn't know.

I don't know what to think about Tiger anymore.

Interesting hypothesis about Day. I haven't paid him much attention lately, so I won't guess at what is the issue, but hopefully he is 100% soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad