Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Well if that is the logic we are going by, you have no business talking trash about Pat Perez because he would mop up the course with you...

OOOOH.gif

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Was just about to post that.

"the USGA essentially doesn't like me doing it... I'm pretty much done with it. They're not a good organization, and you can quote me on that. I'm part of their family and as family it's very frustrating to see them stunt the growth of the game."

I'd say that discouraging the use of side-saddle putting is undeniably good for the game. Sorry, Bryson.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Well if that is the logic we are going by, you have no business talking trash about Pat Perez because he would mop up the course with you...

No, if we applied that logic to everything then fans wouldn't be able to discuss sports.

Pat Perez is trying to clown the best golfer of our generation for no reason at all other than getting more people to know who Pat Perez is.

Jan 3, 2012

Do you guys hate innovation? Seriously what is wrong with DeChambeau bringing new things to the sport? Clearly the putting wasn't even working for him, so why does it matter?

I still think DeChambeau will put it together and win a handful of tour events over his career, but it's sad he likely won't be as good as I thought he would with his unique swing. Maybe I shouldn't have compared him to the GOAT ball striker.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Only players in the top 25 of the world rankings younger than Hatton are Matsuyama, Thomas and Spieth. He's now #18 in the world, could jump to 12th with a win.

Golf media gotta start talking about this guy more. He's really good, yet most probably don't even know who he is.

By the way, I do find it funny that Jordan Spieth is still the youngest in the top 25. He's been the youngest in the top 25 for like 3 and half years. Shows just how good at a really young age he was. All these others have taken a really long time to establish themselves.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you guys hate innovation? Seriously what is wrong with DeChambeau bringing new things to the sport? Clearly the putting wasn't even working for him, so why does it matter?

I still think DeChambeau will put it together and win a handful of tour events over his career, but it's sad he likely won't be as good as I thought he would with his unique swing. Maybe I shouldn't have compared him to the GOAT ball striker.

I'm just not a fan. He's always been overrated. He had a good senior season in college, but otherwise he's never been that good.

And because of like a 6 month stretch of amateur golf, he's now going to get air time for the next 10 years because they can sell he's a good young player, and that he has different ideas from others.

I don't have a problem with him having different ideas than others, although I didn't like the side saddle putting. What I don't like is that he overshadows others who he shouldn't overshadow. If he was good, I would have no problem with him getting so much attention.

If DeChambeau was covered like he should be, the media wouldn't even report stories like I posted. Thats what I find annoying.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
DeChambeau, another over-hyped mediocre kid coming out of college that over-saturated TV screens to a ridiculous degree.

But he's quirky and oh single length shaft and oh he's channeling Ben Hogan with his hat and oh he switches putting styles as often as he changes his underwear.

Most overrated eventual 10 time slam winner I've ever seen. :nod:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
DeChambeau, another over-hyped mediocre kid coming out of college that over-saturated TV screens to a ridiculous degree.

But he's quirky and oh single length shaft and oh he's channeling Ben Hogan with his hat and oh he switches putting styles as often as he changes his underwear.

Most overrated eventual 10 time slam winner I've ever seen. :nod:

Unfortunately that prediction isn't likely to come true. I overcompared him to the GOAT ballstriker.

I'm rooting for Rickie to win this thing. Been a year or so I think since he won. Him or DeLaet, Canadian's winning is always nice.

I'm not a huge fan of Hatton, but more elite competition is always good. I like Rahm better than him, although Rahm is younger and at a bit different stage of his career. Lot of good young players this year on tour though that are rookies or young. Hughes, Gribble, Hossler (hopefully he shows up, not sure on status), Rahm, Schneiderjans and whomever else I'm forgetting.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Unfortunately that prediction isn't likely to come true. I overcompared him to the GOAT ballstriker.

I'm rooting for Rickie to win this thing. Been a year or so I think since he won. Him or DeLaet, Canadian's winning is always nice.

I'm not a huge fan of Hatton, but more elite competition is always good. I like Rahm better than him, although Rahm is younger and at a bit different stage of his career. Lot of good young players this year on tour though that are rookies or young. Hughes, Gribble, Hossler (hopefully he shows up, not sure on status), Rahm, Schneiderjans and whomever else I'm forgetting.

Matty Fitzpatrick, although he's struggled a lot playing in the USA. Done better on the European Tour.

Jan 3, 2012
Does Rickie Fowler's Resurgence Cement Golf's Big Five? This and More on Golf Channel Weekend Recap.

Literally gunna be the headline

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Jason Day WD's from WGC Mexico, cites Ser Woof's constant name changes as having given him the flu.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does Rickie Fowler's Resurgence Cement Golf's Big Five? This and More on Golf Channel Weekend Recap.

Literally gunna be the headline

I'm gonna look for these headlines the next few days, but you are probably right. I'll likely find at least one or two.

Did anyone see what Johnny Miller said about Rickie's win? Miller threw so much shade, its so funny. :laugh:

Jason Day WD's from WGC Mexico, cites Ser Woof's constant name changes as having given him the flu.

His monthly injury or illness. This is his fifth time in just over a year that he's WD due to illness.

Jan 3, 2012
I'm gonna look for these headlines the next few days, but you are probably right. I'll likely find at least one or two.

Did anyone see what Johnny Miller said about Rickie's win? Miller threw so much shade, its so funny. :laugh:

His monthly injury or illness. This is his fifth time in just over a year that he's WD due to illness.

He's turning into Rory McIlroy

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hey,

atleast he didn't break his Rib playing golf :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No professional golfer would ever do that

I know he's mentioned that he doesn't see himself playing much past 40 or so but if he wants to prolong his career and stay healthy I'm not sure his swing is going to allow him to do that. Can only hope that his workout regimen is properly tailored and he doesn't become another Tiger.

Ser Woof has disowned Tiger and Rory because they met with Trump.

Yeah, I usually don't care for people who give xenophobic bigots the time of day. At least both of them don't actually agree and endorse his disgusting rhetoric like Jack Nicklaus does though. No respect left for him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
At least both of them don't actually agree and endorse his disgusting rhetoric like Jack Nicklaus does though. No respect left for him.

Are you sure? They wouldn't be caught publicly saying they didn't, but I don't think Nicklaus position is all that uncommon for professional golfers. In fact, its long been documented that pro golfers tend to be more to the right, just like professional basketball players are more to the left. And of course it might not apply for Rory or Tiger, in particular. I have no clue about their politics nor is Rory even allowed to cast a vote, but I would think pro golfers might approve of Trump a little more than pro's in a lot of other sports. And then, there's also the fact that Trump has big connections to the golfing world, so he might personally know some of these golfers prior to his presidential run. I don't tend to care who my favorite athletes associate with politically, nor do I believe its my business. Stay out of trouble, perform well, and thats all that matters. They can associate with whoever they like, in my opinion. I'm not going to waste my time getting offended, whoever they support. I have different reasons to support political candidates than they do. I kind of thought that McIlroy was getting a raw deal that he was being associated with Trump because he played a round with him. Its not like Rory was out there on the campaign trail with Trump. Enough on the politics though, I don't want to get into any trouble with the mods, but I think it is an interesting dynamic of how pro golfers view Trump compared to pro athletes in other sports. Lebron James would never be caught spending a few hours with Trump, TW would.

I agree about Rory's swing. It's not really conducive to staying fit into his mid 40's. Its kind of a similar problem to Tiger, and then when you work out like crazy like Rory does, it could create problems. Jason Day has an even more violent swing, and he's injured like every 10 yards he walks. But who really knows which of these golfers will have the most long-term injury problems?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Are you sure? They wouldn't be caught publicly saying they didn't, but I don't think Nicklaus position is all that uncommon for professional golfers. In fact, its long been documented that pro golfers tend to be more to the right, just like professional basketball players are more to the left. And of course it might not apply for Rory or Tiger, in particular. I have no clue about their politics nor is Rory even allowed to cast a vote, but I would think pro golfers might approve of Trump a little more than pro's in a lot of other sports. And then, there's also the fact that Trump has big connections to the golfing world, so he might personally know some of these golfers prior to his presidential run. I don't tend to care who my favorite athletes associate with politically, nor do I believe its my business. Stay out of trouble, perform well, and thats all that matters. They can associate with whoever they like, in my opinion. I'm not going to waste my time getting offended, whoever they support. I have different reasons to support political candidates than they do. I kind of thought that McIlroy was getting a raw deal that he was being associated with Trump because he played a round with him. Its not like Rory was out there on the campaign trail with Trump. Enough on the politics though, I don't want to get into any trouble with the mods, but I think it is an interesting dynamic of how pro golfers view Trump compared to pro athletes in other sports. Lebron James would never be caught spending a few hours with Trump, TW would.

I agree about Rory's swing. It's not really conducive to staying fit into his mid 40's. Its kind of a similar problem to Tiger, and then when you work out like crazy like Rory does, it could create problems. Jason Day has an even more violent swing, and he's injured like every 10 yards he walks. But who really knows which of these golfers will have the most long-term injury problems?

I agree totally with the first paragraph.

You get irked by such small things Ser Woof. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad