Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Are you sure? They wouldn't be caught publicly saying they didn't, but I don't think Nicklaus position is all that uncommon for professional golfers. In fact, its long been documented that pro golfers tend to be more to the right, just like professional basketball players are more to the left. And of course it might not apply for Rory or Tiger, in particular. I have no clue about their politics nor is Rory even allowed to cast a vote, but I would think pro golfers might approve of Trump a little more than pro's in a lot of other sports. And then, there's also the fact that Trump has big connections to the golfing world, so he might personally know some of these golfers prior to his presidential run. I don't tend to care who my favorite athletes associate with politically, nor do I believe its my business. Stay out of trouble, perform well, and thats all that matters. They can associate with whoever they like, in my opinion. I'm not going to waste my time getting offended, whoever they support. I have different reasons to support political candidates than they do. I kind of thought that McIlroy was getting a raw deal that he was being associated with Trump because he played a round with him. Its not like Rory was out there on the campaign trail with Trump. Enough on the politics though, I don't want to get into any trouble with the mods, but I think it is an interesting dynamic of how pro golfers view Trump compared to pro athletes in other sports. Lebron James would never be caught spending a few hours with Trump, TW would.

I agree about Rory's swing. It's not really conducive to staying fit into his mid 40's. Its kind of a similar problem to Tiger, and then when you work out like crazy like Rory does, it could create problems. Jason Day has an even more violent swing, and he's injured like every 10 yards he walks. But who really knows which of these golfers will have the most long-term injury problems?

I agree that golfers are more to the right on the ideological spectrum. That's not an issue I have with them, but I guess my misplaced faith in humanity expects people to be against certain reprehensible things from a moral perspective. But like you said, I digress.

Tiger is a perfect case study for Rors which is why I'm hoping that his team around him has tailored his workout program to be beneficial for his physical fitness unlike Tiger's who has always seemed to build himself a body that is in conflict with his swing.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I agree totally with the first paragraph.

You get irked by such small things Ser Woof. Relax.

Let me just ask you this... do you think me worrying about losing my health insurance and possibly having to take out a second mortgage would be a trivial thing to be irked by? Or some of my friends being rounded up by ICE agents? Or my family members, friends and fiance having their civil rights trampled on? When people and their lives are at risk, I tend to get bothered. Sorry for caring.

Jan 3, 2012
Let me just ask you this... do you think me worrying about losing my health insurance and possibly having to take out a second mortgage would be a trivial thing to be irked by? Or some of my friends being rounded up by ICE agents? Or my family members, friends and fiance having their civil rights trampled on? When people and their lives are at risk, I tend to get bothered. Sorry for caring.

That's understandable and I respect that. Though I don't think it is right to judge other people entirely based off the fact that they like a politician that has policies that might be harmful to you. Just because they support someone you dislike, doesn't make them evil or a waste of a person. Maybe they are an idiot, sure, but that doesn't put them below you.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Wow so I picked Hatton over Rahm and Rahm is going to win this thing

nice

I play in a half season one and done pool with 80+ people pretty big pot going through The Players. Currently sitting in 6th and did the same thing with Woodland over Rahm. Did it at Pebble too picking Phil over Snedeker. So frustrating when it happens like that.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Doral was so much better than this course. Give this course some opposite field event or a fall event. No reason to take the PGA Tour away from one of its best courses.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
These are things that I've never had much inclination of listening to but it came across my twitter feed that the No Laying Up people (on their podcast), who are pretty well connected with Rors, said that the news with Tiger is not good at all. Take that for what it's worth, Tiger fans.

Happy to see Rors playing well in Mexico City. Hope he wins. My pick for the Masters... thinking he gets the Career slam out of the way and mops up this year with at least 2 majors, perhaps 3.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
These are things that I've never had much inclination of listening to but it came across my twitter feed that the No Laying Up people (on their podcast), who are pretty well connected with Rors, said that the news with Tiger is not good at all. Take that for what it's worth, Tiger fans.

Damn, I was convinced he was going to win the Masters because I read this. :laugh:

I really hope this isn't made up, for this person's sake.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Doral was so much better than this course. Give this course some opposite field event or a fall event. No reason to take the PGA Tour away from one of its best courses.

If a certain owner of Doral didn't make himself radioactive to sponsors, including Cadillac who ended their sponsorship, the WGC would still be there.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
If a certain owner of Doral didn't make himself radioactive to sponsors, including Cadillac who ended their sponsorship, the WGC would still be there.

NdNGbXC.gif

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here comes Gretzky

Thats not how you spell Spieth. :sarcasm:

After a tap in birdie, he's now -7 for this round. Into the top ten for the event. If he didn't have two 7's yesterday, he'd be right in this tournament. Might've been the first real McIlroy vs. Spieth duel. Same problem he had the first tournament of the season with the big numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad