Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
OWGR Logic: Jason Day has no top ten's since August, still will be between 1-2 points ahead of Matsuyama who has 5 wins in his last 9 starts.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
All quiet on Tiger for the Genesis... hmmm. The back spasms magically disappeared for him to be able to sit and do an almost hour long Q&A with sponsors the next day so...

I don't want to assume he faked the "injury" but... probably knew what conditions were coming with the rain and wind which led him to ***** out of that 2nd round.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Should have thrown golf balls at the idiot clowns.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...s-professional-autograph-seekers-pebble-beach

After finishing his round, the group of adults started to heckle Spieth after the 23-year-old walked past them without signing for them. The two-time major winner then accused the men of trying to profit off his name by selling the items online and that he'd investigated evidence of it.

"It's not really worth me spending time arguing, but I'm just not really appreciative of people who travel to benefit off of other people's success," Spieth told reporters after the incident. "I enjoy signing and I sign for kids whenever we get the chance. But these guys have these items that you've already seen online.

"Our team keeps track of that kind of stuff, and these guys just have bags of stuff to benefit from other people's success when they didn't do anything themselves. Go get a job instead of trying make money off of things we've been able to do."

When Spieth stopped to sign an autograph for a young boy, things got worse. Spieth said one of the men used an "F-bomb in front of three kids," and that caused him to get angry and confront the men by starting with, "C'mon, guys, there are children here."

"I felt the need to turn around and tell them that wasn't right," Spieth said. "A couple of them were saying, 'You're not Tiger Woods, don't act like you're Tiger.' But here he's still trying to benefit off me and I'm not even Tiger Woods. What does that say about you? So yeah, I get into it here and there. I was just a little frustrated at the end, and I didn't appreciate the language that was used. It was just some scums that bothered me.

"If you ask anybody universally, it's frustrating and they frustrate us," he said of those types of autograph seekers.

Jan 3, 2012
Quit while you're ahead man. If a year off can't fix it, what can? Half a decade? It's looking like he won't ever get back to multiple win season type of form.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still want to believe.

I do too, and its hard to. I think some are overreacting. Give him until the end of the year. Its the beginning of February. He's played three rounds, lets wait until he plays a number of rounds or has missed months of golf due to injury before we say that he's done.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
"Overreacting".

A year and a half off. 3 rounds. Already "injured" again.

Not sure if you've been sleeping the past year and a half but he's already "missed months". The fact that he's supposedly "injured" again, while plausible, doesn't inspire confidence.

I continue and will continue to believe that Tiger is using his current "back spasms" excuse as cover for his mental issues that have plagued his game since he came back from his extra marital affair issues with the exception of periods in 2012 and 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad