Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
JT>Hideki long term because of putting. Neither are good putters, but JT isn't awful. Hideki's putting is not far off Westwood bad. Thats actually exactly who he reminds me of. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a better career, but same exact type of game.

Nice third place finish for Jordan. Made too many big numbers to win, but the game was there.

Jan 3, 2012
JT>Hideki long term because of putting. Neither are good putters, but JT isn't awful. Hideki's putting is not far off Westwood bad. Thats actually exactly who he reminds me of. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a better career, but same exact type of game.

Nice third place finish for Jordan. Made too many big numbers to win, but the game was there.

I'd say that seems fair. Thomas was also pretty highly regarded as an amateur IIRC. Hideki has always had terrible putting.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ew, I go onto Golf Channel and the first thing I see is speculation about #SB2K17... so stupid.

I pray that we aren't endlessly inundated with juvenile frat boy debauchery antics for another week this Spring. But maybe it portends another Spieth back nine Augusta disaster... lol.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Ew, I go onto Golf Channel and the first thing I see is speculation about #SB2K17... so stupid.

I pray that we aren't endlessly inundated with juvenile frat boy debauchery antics for another week this Spring. But maybe it portends another Spieth back nine Augusta disaster... lol.
Hey, you leave my boy J.Spieth alone! :laugh: Its not like he & the other "frat boys" are being distracted from an NFL Playoff game like a certain bunch of Giant WR's! :laugh: :sarcasm:

BTW, interesting new user name!

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Can you help me with this pattern? 2-1-2-?

Which number comes next?

;)

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hey, you leave my boy J.Spieth alone! :laugh: Its not like he & the other "frat boys" are being distracted from an NFL Playoff game like a certain bunch of Giant WR's! :laugh: :sarcasm:

BTW, interesting new user name!

I'll try, but no promises ;)

The ninja one that got axed by the mods was better, but this'll have to suffice. Whose idea was the Giants WR getaway anyway? Odell's? The kid seems to become more and more of a headcase by the day which is disappointing as I really like him.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Can you help me with this pattern? 2-1-2-?

Which number comes next?

;)

Touche :laugh: ... pretty soon, if it isn't already, it will be an aberration if Spieth isn't a part of the back 9 drama at Augusta annually.

I've never been to Augusta and will most likely never play it but how cool it must be to have your game marry up perfectly with such an iconic and fun to play course. Makes me so jealous.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
I'll try, but no promises ;)

The ninja one that got axed by the mods was better, but this'll have to suffice. Whose idea was the Giants WR getaway anyway? Odell's? The kid seems to become more and more of a headcase by the day which is disappointing as I really like him.
Yeah, I liked that one too!

I think it was Odell's idea, but can't swear to it.

And wow, JT is just en fuego right now. He will have a lot to celebrate come #SB2K17! :laugh:

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Looks like Smylie and Spieth are already in SB2K17 form watching the afternoon round out on the water...:laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Spieth missed 10 putts inside 20 feet today. If he putted a little better, he could've shot 59 also. His ball striking has been excellent so far this season, putting not that good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Touche :laugh: ... pretty soon, if it isn't already, it will be an aberration if Spieth isn't a part of the back 9 drama at Augusta annually.

I've never been to Augusta and will most likely never play it but how cool it must be to have your game marry up perfectly with such an iconic and fun to play course. Makes me so jealous.

All the best of every era play well at Augusta. Rory's like the only one who doesn't.

Jan 3, 2012
JT shot a 59. Good for him.

Still not convinced he'll ever be much more than a decent guy on tour with the odd win or two a year.

:handclap::handclap::laugh::laugh:

This is hilarious.

Most pros on tour would be elated to get a win or two every season, heck 1 every other season is pretty successful on tour. I think the days of success being measured against Tiger are gone.

Also.... what's with the name?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yeah, I liked that one too!

I think it was Odell's idea, but can't swear to it.

And wow, JT is just en fuego right now. He will have a lot to celebrate come #SB2K17! :laugh:

Just hoping Rors doesn't go. Unless Erica Stoll goes and all the pictures are of her... :laugh:

I like the Hawaii courses, wish Tiger would give em a go one of these years even though both Honolulu and Kapalua are total birdie fests and he's not very fond of those.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
All the best of every era play well at Augusta. Rory's like the only one who doesn't.

True, but it fits some players better than others. Spieth's game is made for Augusta IMO. Before long, they may have to "Spieth-proof" it by blindfolding him 100 yards and in as well as on the greens..

:handclap::handclap::laugh::laugh:

This is hilarious.

Most pros on tour would be elated to get a win or two every season, heck 1 every other season is pretty successful on tour. I think the days of success being measured against Tiger are gone.

Also.... what's with the name?

Regardless, he'll be and is already much better than DeChambeau.

And that's for me to know and you to ponder. :)

Jan 3, 2012
True, but it fits some players better than others. Spieth's game is made for Augusta IMO. Before long, they may have to "Spieth-proof" it by blindfolding him 100 yards and in as well as on the greens..

Regardless, he'll be and is already much better than DeChambeau.

And that's for me to know and you to ponder. :)

Don't see why DeChambeau is relevent here but okay.

Jan 3, 2012
Your prognostication that he'll win 10 majors still confuses me, that's all.

And I never said that winning once or twice a year is a bad thing for JT, like you assumed. Don't think he'll be winning majors, though.

Yeah I thought DeChambeau might be the next Moe, but looks not the case.

I see maybe a major or two or JT. Problem is so many players who are worthy of 1-2 majors, but only so many to go around.

Last edited:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I don't really consider myself one of those people that can't stand extremely low scores, but when you nearly have 3 59s shot in one week, it's hard to take the tournament seriously.

That said, good for JT. Never really bought into him but he's dominating right now.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I don't really consider myself one of those people that can't stand extremely low scores, but when you nearly have 3 59s shot in one week, it's hard to take the tournament seriously.

That said, good for JT. Never really bought into him but he's dominating right now.

We're gonna see some really low winner scores this season on the PGA. Personally I've almost stopped watching the smaller ones. Usually tune in on Sundays if it seems like a nice finish. They'll have to come up with something eventually to challenge the pros more on your everyday tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad