OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Speculation Topic -- Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you root for the Expos if they returned as a split squad with the Rays?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is Oakland in trouble? They lost their nfl and nba teams recently, and I think their stadium is very outdated.

Although, losing the NFL and nba franchise may make them more committed to keep the A's in Oakland.

Last edited:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
TB Radio is saying things like "Ding Dong Montreal baseball is dead", pretty petty.
And soon it will be dead in Tampa also when they move in a few years to Nashville, Charlotte or Vegas.
Glad this stupid joke of a proposition (which never would have happened anyway because the players would never have accepted it) is finally dead and we won't have to hear about it anymore.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TB Radio is saying things like "Ding Dong Montreal baseball is dead", pretty petty.

Not surprising what ratings sweeps week will get someone to defecate.

Quality trash radio to match their attendance record.

At least Stephen Bronfman showed a lot of class in the way he addressed the end of the project and how he showed gratitude to those Tampa people he worked with from the beginning.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bronfman sounded devastated and exhausted.

However, there was hope and resiliency in him. He’s a proud Montrealer who spent a lot of time as a kid around the Expos dugout and who so badly wants to honour his father’s heritage.

I think this effort wasn’t in vain. Stephen and his group made waves and showed how serious this city is in drawing back in.

It took over 30 years for the Washington to recover a team. It’s not unusual that the wait will be treacherously long.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Hey, I definitely saw some “f*** selig” and “f*** the brewers” signs during the final days at the Big O. I totally get them.

this is good, I could never cheer for half a team, but maybe this bodes well for them simply moving here outright.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
However, there was hope and resiliency in him. He’s a proud Montrealer who spent a lot of time as a kid around the Expos dugout and who so badly wants to honour his father’s heritage.

I think this effort wasn’t in vain. Stephen and his group made waves and showed how serious this city is in drawing back in.

It took over 30 years for the Washington to recover a team. It’s not unusual that the wait will be treacherously long.

I enjoyed his media availability because I found he was open and honest with it all.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

That happened only because Northern Virginia became a top-5 booming economic market - I don’t see Mtl becoming anywhere close to that booming economic marketplace….

Le rêve est fini!!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
There. Let Claridge develop its 1B development project without taxpayers cash. The ploy is dead. La crosse est fenie!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There. Let Claridge develop its 1B development project without taxpayers cash. The ploy is dead. La crosse est fenie!

C’est feh-nie.

Priority now: on la mets où la pissse à bécykk?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
C’est feh-nie.

Priority now: on la mets où la pissse à bécykk?
C’est ço!
Seriously, that neighbourhood doesn’t need a baseball field. It can grow by itself as a prolongation of Griffintown. Claridge wanted to have welfare moneys to pay for the infras. Suck it, Claridge. Not crying for you. Not one drop.

cheeseburgers

Jan 23, 2020
Pay for your own baseball team, rich folks. The common man get taxed enough, put up your own cash. Your star player will have a 20 million salary, good luck.

Reactions: 1909

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
<tin foil hat on>
Interesting timing with baseball MLB CBA negotiations heating. Owners about to pull contraction card again?
<tin foil hat off>

Project was madness from the beginning.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I never believed for a second that splitting a team was realistic. Glad this is over, now let's move on to getting a team again rather than sharing one.

Jul 6, 2016
How come Saint-Louis doesn't have a NBA team and lost their NFL team twice ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting that the Habs would own a potential NBA team. I mean they do own the arena.

Is Molson rich enough to bankroll two big 4 franchises?

He has friends who could step in as a consortium.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nixing that 2-city contraption might actually have been a good thing:

Reactions: LeHab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad