OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Speculation Topic -- Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you root for the Expos if they returned as a split squad with the Rays?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Money was leaving the city by '84. Why Bronfman put them for sale after '89 season. He was good businessman

In general by early '80s, Money in province was drying up. By '88 Nordiques were in dire straits. They were gone by '95. Expos officially gone '04. But in dire straits 15 years before that. Even fabled Habs were in dire straits when Gillette bought team. Alouettes folded several times. Total reversal from '60s and '70s

Montreal was still the largest Canadian city when the expos joined.

I agree that the politics caused a mass exodus of corporate money and also caused the loss of a key demographic. Toronto was the benefactor.

This was the primary factor for the team demise.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal was still the largest Canadian city when the expos joined.

I agree that the politics caused a mass exodus of corporate money and also caused the loss of a key demographic. Toronto was the benefactor.

This was the primary factor for the team demise.
Was big drain of money out of province. Big reason no Nordiques, Expos and Gillette getting team at bargain basement price.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Duke Snyder, Dave Van Horne were fantastic!! Kenny Singelton got in there too for awhile....
Heartbreaking when we lost the Expos....................my wife said she thought someone in our family had passed away I was that bummed out....
Yes they were. The French side was also great with Doucet, Raymond and I didn't even mind Brulotte. I would switch every game the language of the game I was listening because I liked them all.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yes they were. The French side was also great with Doucet, Raymond and I didn't even mind Brulotte. I would switch every game the language of the game I was listening because I liked them all.
I liked those guys too, I watched them in english, french and I also listened to Expo games on the radio.....I was a die hard, mid 70's on..............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad