Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The idea of a new arena came up not too long ago… same place that Greg Stanton proposed be built when he was mayor of Phoenix.
A new arena was discussed but that was only to happen . If the suns and coyotes went in together. Wasn’t going to happen since the suns get more revenue in a renovated footprint than sharing a new building with the coyotes. That’s the problem with separate team owners when one of the 2 teams has control over arena revenues. They don’t want to give that up.

Sundevil96

Oct 11, 2018
Sounds awful. AM needs to get f***ed
I get the feeling and depends on what hour of the day how I feel. I believe the NHL forced him to sell. This move may have saved the NHL in AZ in the future or may all be for nothing. It's such a mess either way caused by all sides and all the previous owners of the Coyotes as well.

Reactions: moosemeister

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I get the feeling and depends on what hour of the day how I feel. I believe the NHL forced him to sell. This move may have saved the NHL in AZ in the future or may all be for nothing. It's such a mess either way caused by all sides and all the previous owners of the Coyotes as well.
There is no doubt the league forced him to sell. All indicators point to that.

I will say, this feels like a nasty relationship. Now that it’s over, there is some relief

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Sucks if true ….

based on the post above .. I would take the word of a person who works within the Org over any media personal

I am not sure if AM keeps the RoadRunners or Smith does. But for them to be told they won’t lose their jobs tells me the RoadRunners move North.
If AM keeps the Roadrunners, start looking toward Reno.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
A new arena was discussed but that was only to happen . If the suns and coyotes went in together. Wasn’t going to happen since the suns get more revenue in a renovated footprint than sharing a new building with the coyotes. That’s the problem with separate team owners when one of the 2 teams has control over arena revenues. They don’t want to give that up.

You’re referring to a while back after Glendale terminated the IceArizona lease. Sarver wasn’t going to share with anyone.

This was just a few short weeks ago and I’m looking at Matt Ishiba obtaining an NHL a few years down the roads.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Friedman confirms team will be named Utah, not Salt Lake or Salt Lake City.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The worst part of all this is I spent a lot of time and money on mostly God awful hockey for 2+ decades for basically nothing. They finally do a proper rebuild and finally look like they have an arena project that will work and NOW they go. If it was going to happen, this is definitely the most Coyote way possible.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Alright boys, since this is official, it's time for me to say good bye to these boards.

I appreciate every conversation we've had over the years. I wish you, your family, your health and wealth the very best moving forward.

Perhaps I'll see some of you at an D-Backs, Cardinals or Suns game. Maybe we'll even pass by each other unknowingly on the streets.

If you guys wanna keep in touch, my IG is ant_scally.

Thanks again for all the conversations and chats over the years. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful, and I do consider many of you my friends.

<3 you all

- Anthony

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad