Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
No they knew who they were dealing with. And if they were willing to "kick the can farther down the road", that show a lack of basic governmental understanding (although to support that point, politicians do that all the time).
I'm done. You're really overlooking a lot of stuff to come to your conclusion. I'm not going to bother. You seem to think Glendale had other options.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Lol. The NHL is full of billionaire board members and ownership groups and they don't seem to like our's much. They've lost faith in him.

Besides, being a billionaire doesn't guarantee success in everything you do. Most billionaires have lots of failures to go with their successes.
AM is self made. I would also point out the Tempe City Council vetted him and they were supportive of him. You would have thought the Glendale situation would have tarnished AM if it was truly the way Glendale portrayed it. That type of vetting is a deep dive, they can't afford to be sloppy.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
AM is self made. I would also point out the Tempe City Council vetted him and they were supportive of him. You would have thought the Glendale situation would have tarnished AM if it was truly the way Glendale portrayed it. That type of vetting is a deep dive, they can't afford to be sloppy.

The City of Glendale had to threaten him to pay his taxes... Locked him out of the arena. Vendors are complaining he won't pay his bills. Money isn't the issue. It's how he does business.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It's hard not to like BA. I can't imagine a scenario where Smith doesn't want to retain him after they meet, unless there is a total contrast in visions (i.e., Smith wants to "win now").
BA’s personality and polish and presence seem like the PERFECT fit for Smith. Go back and listen to that June 2023 Smith interview on 32T. I think BA will have Smith in awe.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I agree actually.

It's not like the Coyotes are moving to a brand new, amazing facility. They're going from one shitty hockey rink to another. Utah's brand new, amazing facility wouldn't be finished before Desert Ridge, even if it gets delayed by a year or two.

I honestly think, they just want to be rid of Meruelo. Can't say I blame them.
I don't see how they couldn't buy the team off Meruelo and give it to a different owner, can even use the same land auction and just outbid Meruelo, if he even wants it still lol

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
It's who goes to SLC with the team that determines if Ifollow or not. BA is a big part of it. Love the guy and the job he's done.
BA was a great hire. If they move it pisses me off that he built a young talented team for another city. If AZ did get a franchise in the future (I tend to doubt it), we'll have to start all over again!
We put up with years of tanking for someone else's benefit!

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
BA was a great hire. If they move it pisses me off that he built a young talented team for another city. If AZ did get a franchise in the future (I tend to doubt it), we'll have to start all over again!
We put up with years of tanking for someone else's benefit!

Yeah, its tough. I don't know if I could ever give my full support to SLC without some sense of bitterness. Both the deserved and undeserved kinds.

Reactions: Prarievarg

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
I hope they fire BA and Tourigny, dismantle the team and suffer for 20 years, causing as much pain to whatever f***ers become fans of the team as we’ve had to endure

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
This is a difficult question to answer. I would say no.

It’s more like Judaism —> Christianity —> Mormonism

So like OT then NT then Book of Mormon. A bit like Islam in that way. There were some fundamental changes/modifications/additions made that I think change things not denominationally but categorically.

It’s an Abrahamic religion like Judaism and Christianity and Islam are. But I don’t think it’s necessarily Christianity. Muslims have a tremendous reverence for their version of Jesus, also.

But this is a conversation that dozens of the brightest minds on the subject could argue all day every day for the next fifty years and not move an inch in any direction.

I’m pretty dumb. This is a hockey chat board. Nobody will get a better understanding or reach any agreement on this here.
That was kind of accurate. It’s a break off of Christianity but some major different beliefs.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
So Most Hockey players should be fine. They are very private people (most of the time) and big scandals are not as common as in Other sports.

But the last part makes me cringe. Being nice is great and all but after googling stepford i am reinforced in my believes that its a fassade. And i don't like that. I prefer the more honest, a bit blunt but friendly middle european approach 😅

I hope guys like Keller don’t ask for a trade or anything… he won’t have that golf course in his backyard

I am sure he won’t care about the mormons, but you never know

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tourigny is pissed off too and is standing up for his players:

Probably shouldn't make the Bear mad.

Bear is a good guy. No wonder his players will go to the mat for him.

I will miss this team...

That was kind of accurate. It’s a break off of Christianity but some major different beliefs.
I call it a grift built off of evangelical revivalism hysteria in the mid 1800s but that would take us down a tangent that is not relevant... Lol

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I hope guys like Keller don’t ask for a trade or anything… he won’t have that golf course in his backyard

I am sure he won’t care about the mormons, but you never know
Reportedly both Keller and Crouse don't want to follow the team to Utah. Who knows whether that's true. But it's been said.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017

Don't know who this is, but if Keller is traded, I just might follow him and his new team

Edit:
Oops. i think i just misunderstood the tweet

Reactions: Summer Rose

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Good? I'm kind of over all 3 of Keller Schmaltz and Crouse. 3 players that did damn near nothing to pull us out of that losing streak. Go Guenther and Cooley (and now Doan)

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
The problem with Muerello is communication.. he let all of the incorrect media speculation come out back in Jan and never addressed it until a few months later., then Everyone was like Oh we screwed up he has a plan .

Now it’s happening again and not addressing this shows that he is not supporting the team , their families or his staff.

I don’t care if everything is proven wrong and they keep the team here… you do not allow this type of speculation get out of control and see all the anxiety this causes you staff and players and just sit by and let it happen.

No one deserves a team who does this

Reactions: moosemeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad