Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The problem with Muerello is communication.. he let all of the incorrect media speculation come out back in Jan and never addressed it until a few months later., then Everyone was like Oh we screwed up he has a plan .

Now it’s happening again and not addressing this shows that he is not supporting the team , their families or his staff.

I don’t care if everything is proven wrong and they keep the team here… you do not allow this type of speculation get out of control and see all the anxiety this causes you staff and players and just sit by and let it happen.

No one deserves a team who does this
Meruelo has a knack for letting others drive the narrative. I find it hard to believe the man never learns. Ulterior motives at play?

I'd just like them to be honest and put the good fans out of their misery if the team is moving.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
The problem with Muerello is communication.. he let all of the incorrect media speculation come out back in Jan and never addressed it until a few months later., then Everyone was like Oh we screwed up he has a plan .

Now it’s happening again and not addressing this shows that he is not supporting the team , their families or his staff.

I don’t care if everything is proven wrong and they keep the team here… you do not allow this type of speculation get out of control and see all the anxiety this causes you staff and players and just sit by and let it happen.

AM and AG have always been out of their element and not just in communication. They have stepped on their PPs every opportunity they have had. They made one correct decision the entire time they ran it. When they mishandled the previous GM, they made the right call on his successor and rolling with the successor's plan. They have otherwise been a mistake riddled, amateur hour, clown show and it is fitting they are ending their relationship with this franchise in such a cowardly fashion.

Sundevil96

Oct 11, 2018
First time poster here. Having a family member who works for the Coyotes organization and not a word from upper management since this story broke is pathetic at the very least. They have a whole staff of employees with families that have no idea when/ if there last day is coming. Panic within the office is at an excruciating high.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
First time poster here. Having a family member who works for the Coyotes organization and not a word from upper management since this story broke is pathetic at the very least. They have a whole staff of employees with families that have no idea when/ if there last day is coming. Panic within the office is at an excruciating high.
it sucks. Shouldn't be this way.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ

I think the deadening silence is more on the NHL. All parties are probably prohibitied to go public at this point. The league control what can or can't be said.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
This is the chief reason why I loathe corporations calling people who work for them "family".

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I think the deadening silence is more on the NHL. All parties are probably prohibitied to go public at this point. The league control what can or can't be said.
All parties would have to enter into agreement on that prohibition so it would be on all of them.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Glendale wanted the 10-15 year lease because they wanted stability and certainty. ESPECIALLY considering that all of the rhetoric from the Ice Clowns, the NHL, and immediately after buying the team Meruelo joined in, that Glendale was not the long-term solution for the team. In other words, it was obvious that the team was angling to leave. Glendale's offer was, "Sign long term here, and we can figure out something that works for all of us. Otherwise, get lost."

I am fully convinced that if the team had signed that lease, Glendale would have responded with all sorts of breaks, subsidies, what have you to be the quid pro quo for the commitment.

That…. and the arena’s ice system had to be replaced and why do that if the team wasn’t going to stay even five more years.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The management staff can go f*** itself. Seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad