Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Ishbia is trying at the last minute to acquire the team. Will it come to fruition? Who knows, but he has met with Bettman in the last 24 hours and spoke about the Coyotes.

If that were to happen I can't say that I'd really be surprised. Sounds like getting saved at the "12th hour" thing has happened 2 or 3 other times before with this team. I can't get excited over it though.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Craig said he expects another twist in the saga before its all said and done and I have it on good authority as well that this isn't over. Ishbia is trying at the last minute to acquire the team. Will it come to fruition? Who knows, but he has met with Bettman in the last 24 hours and spoke about the Coyotes.
496870d9-7bba-4b60-a4d7-dd2299d06631_text.gif

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Craig said he expects another twist in the saga before its all said and done and I have it on good authority as well that this isn't over. Ishbia is trying at the last minute to acquire the team. Will it come to fruition? Who knows, but he has met with Bettman in the last 24 hours and spoke about the Coyotes.
Here praying! It makes sense….but why didn’t this happen earlier in the process?

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
why? all they had to do was pull a major league, and it sounds like they did it... hindsight 20/20, but he wasn't aware of what expansion teams go for? seattle went for 650, didnt bobby mack mention the next one would be a billion?..maybe its conspiracy theory stuff. but i have a hard time believing anything that comes from muerlo or guiterriez..

They ran the tempe campaign so poorly, it seemed intentional, some posters here even mentioned that. .
That would have required quite a bit of planning and everything had to fall into place perfectly.
What if they won the Tempe vote?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
You know, this would've been a whole lot easier if this was all happening when the team was at rock bottom. You know, back when Chayka traded yet another 1st rounder away only so we could see the Yotes get curb stomped by Colorado and then lost yet another 1st rounder due to stretch gate. That's the team Utah should've gotten. It's just so f***ed that they're going to get a team that is quite likely on the verge of mass success. They're getting almost all gain and no pain.

I feel like one of those spouses on The Biggest Loser who had stuck with their mate through thiiiiiiiiiiick and absolutely no thin. Then suddenly the mate loses a bunch of weight, looks great, and peaces out for someone who wouldn't have given them the time of day a few years ago!

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Here praying! It makes sense….but why didn’t this happen earlier in the process?
He would be seen as a savior, and there's no better way to start his tenure as owner. The timing is indeed strange, which makes it seem unlikely, unless he's been involved in the discussions all along and this latest development is just to pressure him.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If Ishbia saves the day I'm doing coke off all of your asses.
giphy.gif

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
He would be seen as a savior, and there's no better way to start his tenure as owner. The timing is indeed strange, which makes it seem unlikely, unless he's been involved in the discussions all along and this latest development is just to pressure him.
I’d contribute money towards a statue to be built day 1 of his ownership.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I hate this! I can't stop myself from checking back on this board. It's a good thing I just retired this month. I haven't gotten a thing done all day. It's like having a dying relative that's hanging on and every phone call you think is the "bad news". You want their suffering to end and you want to be able to move one, but you also hope there's a miraculous change in their condition.
AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Ishbia is trying at the last minute to acquire the team. Will it come to fruition? Who knows, but he has met with Bettman in the last 24 hours and spoke about the Coyotes.

Ishbia definitely needs some good PR after what came out about his feud with the Cavs owner. But I bet Bettman was probably just talking expansion with him. I think Ishbia is another one of those "young gun" rich bros that the NHL covets, like Ryan Smith - especially given how strong the Suns have been. I could see a scenario where Ishbia buys the team from the league, plays in Mullett for one more year while they put ice back in Footprint, and then the team plays downtown.

I give it about a 0.000000000057417% chance of happening.

Otherwise, Keller will have to start practicing his MoTab hymns.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
can we view their lack of spending on the tempe campaign in a new light? Did merulo ever want this to work here? What did he pay 250million plus 40 for annex, now he is get a billion? is this a long term scam that he just pulled?
No Meruelo wanted it to work there , and still does . unfortunately they weren’t prepared for tempe to be political and XG got schooled.

He is doing the exact same thing in Nevada as well . He is doing a small arena ( likely to bring the roadrunners) and building an entertainment district in Reno..

Honestly what is true and is confirmed is he is looking to win the Auction in June and build the arena this was a statement 6 days ago.

Confirmed by the Coyotes , the NHL and the Arizona State.

It was also said if he doesn’t win the auction the only option is relocation.. confirmed..

All of the breaking news about the Yotes behind the scenes has not been confirmed by the NHL or the Yotes, as they declined to comment.

If this is true .. which we are thinking it is .. is it because:
A) Murello needs to find a buyer in case he loses the auction so he is prepared and the NHL is making a second schedule in case?

B) the NHL is forcing him to sell after telling them to go through the auction?

If it’s B then that is on the NHL

C) he is looking for a big pay day and is secretly trying to sell the team .. then that is on him and that is a scum bag move

The problem is no one is talking except for some media personalities who have been wrong in the past.

In any case if AM doesn’t address this with his staff he doesn’t deserve a team . He sent BA down to Edmonton to address the team but that’s not good enough.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
That would have required quite a bit of planning and everything had to fall into place perfectly.
What if they won the Tempe vote?
I'm not sure i agree, but ok if you want to believe murelo has in good faith tried to bring hockey a permanent home in az. i think the writing is on the wall.

who paid for the Tempe no campaign? their campaign was comically bad, outspent 10 to 1, by who some construction unions? i think we got scammed, and muerlo is walking away with a billion dollars.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad