Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
I think BA and the coaching staff are safe to give the new owner time to access the team and keep a smooth transition with the draft coming up.
I think everyone above the GM will be replaced.
Ya, I def do not think they would get rid of the management team right before the draft, I just meant after the draft. He might want to hire "his guys"

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The 30-odd folks on here, sure. But they aren't even selling out 4600 seats. Half the people in the Valley are only vaguely aware the Coyotes are still here right now.
My mind went here, but given the current overly emotional state of this forum, I wasn't going to bring it up. However, since you did, the question becomes do they want to piss off the die hard's because there are too few to worry about, or do they believing doing so would be starting off on the wrong foot?

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I think BA and the coaching staff are safe to give the new owner time to access the team and keep a smooth transition with the draft coming up.
I think everyone above the GM will be replaced.

Who is above the GM?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
My new latest favorite team with be the Utah one, for various reasons.

But do you know what I will not do?

Troll their fans.

They deserve to be happy for their fortune. Good luck to them. My dislike for their team and how it came to be shouldn't affect them a bit.

That, for all you HF lurkers I see in the footer who are throwing parties tonight and celebrating on the main boards, is how sports fans are SUPPOSED to act. With some class.
Agreed, I think. Still too raw to know for sure. But we've invested a lot of time into drafts, player development and what's next for the team........I can see that continuing to be a focus but not at the level it's been.

At the same time we've rid ourselves of inept ownership, local idiot politicians, a few local media losers who've been hoping for this day for years.....and the trolls (at least most of them). Not that Utah won't have that problem....but it will be THEIR problem.

What I love is all of you guys.. There is a special bond....no one outside of a being a deep Coyote fan can understand what we've been through.

I hope F40 continues for decades to come.........I'll be here for it!

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Ya, I def do not think they would get rid of the management team right before the draft, I just meant after the draft. He might want to hire "his guys"
I think it would be smart to give BA and his group another year first to see who's worth keeping and who isn't. They're at the back end of a rebuild and it's best to see it through.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
AM selling and then using that money to get the deal done while being given a free/discount franchise is a real interesting way to solve a bunch of problems for all parties (including the other salty owners). Fans get screwed in the short term, but every other stakeholder comes out with a pretty decisive win.
You honestly think they'd go "free?"

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
The current Salt Lake City arena seats 12,000 for hockey.
One other thing, have the Salt Lake City voters approved the bill to
spend taxpayer money for an arena? It would be great if they didn't and the
team was in limbo.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I find it funny, the IOC says "No new arenas and other stuff for the winter olympics." SLC also goes along with that in their pitch. And now they want to build a new Arena and facilities for olympia?

What a bunch of BS.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
The current Salt Lake City arena seats 12,000 for hockey.
One other thing, have the Salt Lake City voters approved the bill to
spend taxpayer money for an arena? It would be great if they didn't and the
team was in limbo.
Not only that, but the seats at BOTH ends of the ice need to be folded up like a high school gymnasium. The players feel like they’re “not in the NHL” playing at Mullett? Well, it’ll be the same for 5-8 years in SLC.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Is the arena in West Valley better than the one in Salt Lake? Also 10k seats but I don’t know if any are restricted views.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Who is above the GM?
For the Jazz it's Danny Ainge (familiar Arizona name) who reports to Smith and serves as CEO of basketball operations and alternate governor. GM reports to him.

Could definitely see Smith doing the same with the hockey team. Any LDS hockey executives out there :)

Reactions: Summer Rose

Snarky Coyote

May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
As I understand it, funding for a new arena in SLC is secured, and even if it weren't, if the powers that be desire it, they will ensure it happens. They have their collective ducks in a row. They have also made the Jazz work for decades. Good ownership makes a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad