Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm with everyone though...if AM sells, then I don't want anything to do w/him in 5-7yrs. I don't want anything to do w/Coyotes/Jets franchises at all.

New Name
New Building
New Owner

and No, I don't want Doan back or anyone back from the past. Period, needs to be a "fresh" start.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Outside of this not working, are we really that surprised though? We’ve been given more chances than any other major sports franchise history. We’ve been dispelled with turmoil from the get go.

In reality we’re lucky to have survived this long. We’ve been shit on the ice for over a decade. We have any arena troubles since moving to Glendale, how many bankruptcies? How many in paid bills? At some point us, as fans need to pull our heads out of the sand and look at the reality of this situation. If this wasn’t our team a lot of us would be them telling them to pull the plug.

It’s ran its course, it’s be embarrassing to say the least and unfortunately it’s time to say they were right. We did this to ourselves, well ownership and bad GM’s did, but we can only blame our franchise for this. We have been gifted too many things and too many times, it was time.

I hate the idea of us losing this team, especially since we all know where this team was headed, but I completely get it. We deserve this, we deserved this a long time ago. Arizona is such a shitty sports state. Aside from us few there’s zero passion for this team. There isn’t much passion for sports in general here, unless we’re winning, but after that people go back to their old selves.

This state blows at supporting their teams. fair weather fans at its finest.

Move the team, I’ll still tune in and watch what the team does, but I don’t think I’ll have much interest after that.

But to say we didn’t see this coming or deserve this wouldn’t be the truth. We absolutely deserve this and they were right.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I’m not local, the games are normally at like 3 in the morning for me. They said on PHNX that for people who aren’t local that this won’t feel any different. But it really messes with me. Part of the reason I love this team is this community. I listen to some of your opinions on games and drafts like it’s insider information. I lurked in this board for years before I signed up. And really this just sucks, if this is it i willl miss this community as much as I will miss watching the games.

Agreed. I’ve been here for almost twelve years and it just would never be the same again. We will all move on to something else. Some of us might come back eventually. Me, I’d become a full-time Bolts fan.

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
Then AM is a poor businessman. You don't build an arena unless you have a team. The cost for an expansion team ($1 billion (in 2024) plus building the arena will cost more than just building an arena. Not too mention the cost of infrastructure and building the organization from the ground up. If this is true, AM will take the money and run. It makes no sense financially to start from scratch.
I don't disagree with you. Personally I don't trust AM and his guys. But I do know that there was legit real money behind this proposal. This is more timeline based than anything.

Reactions: SR

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Outside of this not working, are we really that surprised though? We’ve been given more chances than any other major sports franchise history. We’ve been dispelled with turmoil from the get go.

In reality we’re lucky to have survived this long. We’ve been shit on the ice for over a decade. We have any arena troubles since moving to Glendale, how many bankruptcies? How many in paid bills? At some point us, as fans need to pull our heads out of the sand and look at the reality of this situation. If this wasn’t our team a lot of us would be them telling them to pull the plug.

It’s ran its course, it’s be embarrassing to say the least and unfortunately it’s time to say they were right. We did this to ourselves, well ownership and bad GM’s did, but we can only blame our franchise for this. We have been gifted too many things and too many times, it was time.

I hate the idea of us losing this team, especially since we all know where this team was headed, but I completely get it. We deserve this, we deserved this a long time ago. Arizona is such a shitty sports state. Aside from us few there’s zero passion for this team. There isn’t much passion for sports in general here, unless we’re winning, but after that people go back to their old selves.

Move the team, I’ll still tune in and watch what the team does, but I don’t think I’ll have much interest after that.

But to say we didn’t see this coming or deserve this wouldn’t be the truth. We absolutely deserve this and they were right.
Most accurate post in the history of this board.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Can somebody convince Muerelo to not take the deal?
Appeal to his ego.
I kinda bought into the AM as a fighter mystique and the whole family thing is something I've always really admired in Latino culture but sounds like all it takes is money to wash that all away.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I have 0% hope. Friedman segment was all I needed.

Sounds like this will be wrapped up by next Wednesday.

Sucks.

This is will have a devastating impact on youth hockey, and local community rinks. All are subsidized by the Coyotes. And Coyotes charities raises an unbelievable amount of money for local needs.

They invest an incredible amount into the hockey community here and the community at large. Not to mention all the jobs that will be lost. And tax revenue.

So for all of those reasons I’d be very happy to have an expansion team come back. But I probably won’t attend or even watch games on tv.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
My new latest favorite team with be the Utah one, for various reasons.

But do you know what I will not do?

Troll their fans.

They deserve to be happy for their fortune. Good luck to them. My dislike for their team and how it came to be shouldn't affect them a bit.

That, for all you HF lurkers I see in the footer who are throwing parties tonight and celebrating on the main boards, is how sports fans are SUPPOSED to act. With some class.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I have 0% hope. Friedman segment was all I needed.

Sounds like this will be wrapped up by next Wednesday.

Sucks.

This is will have a devastating impact on youth hockey, and local community rinks. All are subsidized by the Coyotes. And Coyotes charities raises an unbelievable amount of money for local needs.

They invest an incredible amount into the hockey community here and the community at large. Not to mention all the jobs that will be lost. And tax revenue.

So for all of those reasons I’d be very happy to have an expansion team come back. But I probably won’t attend or even watch games on tv.
Unfortunately I don't see an expansion team coming here. There's no thirst to build another arena here. It's either Footprint or Glendale and I don't see those happening.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
My new latest favorite team with be the Utah one, for various reasons.

But do you know what I will not do?

Troll their fans.

They deserve to be happy for their fortune. Good luck to them. My dislike for their team and how it came to be shouldn't affect them a bit.

That, for all you HF lurkers I see in the footer who are throwing parties tonight and celebrating on the main boards, is how sports fans are SUPPOSED to act. With some class.
Here's going to be the best part, the team will now be in Utah so FINALLY we'll be able to get center ice and actually watch the team easily on pretty much any platform. Right?

f***ING WRONG!!! The NHL will include AZ as "in the market" and blackout our games same as it ever was. Why, because clearly f*** you that's why!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Here's going to be the best part, the team will now be in Utah so FINALLY we'll be able to get center ice and actually watch the team easily on pretty much any platform. Right?

f***ING WRONG!!! The NHL will include AZ as "in the market" and blackout our games same as it ever was. Why, because clearly f*** you that's why!
But if you have Scripps you can stream all the games because salt lake and Phoenix are a shared market BWAHAHAHA

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Not at all. It’s like a cat with 9 lives…our final life just ended.

If you can’t convince voters to have an arena built without taxpayer funding and also fill a damn dump for free…..then you’re not a real sports town.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prarievarg

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
If the Yotes move, which is looking likely, do you think they keep the management/coaching staff in place?

f*** I am pissed. the best logo in the NHL :(

Reactions: Prarievarg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad