Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I’ve been very optimistic fellas. The plan AM had for this team was incredible, I know that from first view and the insight I’ve gotten. The investors were all on board.

But I am now starting to settle in that I think this is done. I don’t think it has to do with the arena as much as it has to do with the prolonged time at mullet. There is no more what ifs anymore. Glendale isn’t an option and there’s no other place to play.

What an absolute shame. BA has been the best thing this team ever had and had a strong owner willing to spend. I’m not sure where to go from here.

My guys are saying this is very real and something that wasn’t on the agenda yesterday. It’s being pushed by the league and the amount of games played at mullet and the arena time table.

Expansion guarantee is apart of this mess, but I don’t want an expansion team, I want this one.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I think the likeliness of an expansion team with Meruelo as the owner is unlikely. His image will be total shit in AZ.

Which also means any expansion team wouldn't be playing in his arena if he ever built it either, so arena maybe never gets built.

I think he cash in, buy the land and sell the land to someone after that. Expansion in Arizona in 5-7 years.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't think that's fair at all. Her spiel was solid and was a good plea on the part of Coyotes fans. I'm not sure why you would jump on that of all things. She was giving props to AZ fans, employees, etc. and all the shit we all go through to make things work that no team in a traditional market would even consider having to deal with.
No man, you know for a fact that nothing else from her very passionate speech will ever be quoted or clipped. That's the money bite. Every troll ever birthed by the National Hockey League will cream their Levi's with that clip.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No man, you know for a fact that nothing else from her very passionate speech will ever be quoted or clipped. That's the money bite. Every troll ever birthed by the National Hockey League will cream their Levi's with that clip.
Oh I'm sure they'll rip it out of context but those f***s would do it regardless, they don't need require actual quotes, they have no issues making up their own.

Reactions: Prarievarg

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
If the team moves the timing of the transfer will make major league news.
The Draft could be insane as well as FA. It will be a good year to be a FA. Add 10% to most contract offers. Canucks better tie up the defence PDQ.

At the draft the Yotes will have 20 picks over the next three years in the top three.
They will want the new team to hit the ice on fire.
They will have 40 mil in cap space too.

Then there could be another realignment. Not necessarily for next year but after when the CBA comes due in two years.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
My thinking is I follow the team to Utah provided they keep guys like Armstrong, Keller, etc. Easier for me to say not being local.

If this is not the case however (and primary hope is still to be in Arizona obviously) then that’s it for me. No more NHL after 26 years of being a fan.

Reactions: Grimes and Edenjung

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If they keep BA I'm down to root for Utah, if they market the team right.

The problem is increasingly that revenues in AZ will always be low for a variety of reasons, so the expansion pricetag is really prohibitive.

Reactions: Grimes

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
She was being sarcastic.

Leah is from Canada and she's as upset as all of us.
Yes
I still have the devils, but I can’t lie that I want some real distance from the NHL as a whole for a while

On top of that you can tell she’s literally on the verge of tears. She’s just like us
She’s the best thing to happen to Coyote media in past 3-4 years.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm done with the NHL. There's nothing about this cursed league of clowns and fools that appeals to me after this. And a special f*** you to the half of the NHL fan base who are celebrating and hoping that we all die in a fire after the team leaves.

I'm still choosing to believe it's a plan B until the NHL or Meruelo announces it's official, but yeah, the people cheering for this or taking this as an opportunity to gloat about Arizona potentially losing the team are 100% the worst kinds of people and I hope there's some type of karma for them in the future, whatever form that may take.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
My thinking is I follow the team to Utah provided they keep guys like Armstrong, Keller, etc. Easier for me to say not being local.

If this is not the case however (and primary hope is still to be in Arizona obviously) then that’s it for me. No more NHL after 26 years of being a fan.
I would be quite surprised if Keller and a few others didn't ask for a trade. Living in Scottsdale vs. living in Salt Lake City.

The younger guys won't have that luxury.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
My guys are saying this is very real and something that wasn’t on the agenda yesterday. It’s being pushed by the league and the amount of games played at mullet and the arena time table.

Expansion guarantee is apart of this mess, but I don’t want an expansion team, I want this one.
For f***s sake then just play in KC for 3 seasons.
Call it the Kansas City Wolves (tm) and then move the freaking team back to AZ when the arena is finished.
Grant KC a expansion and be done with it. But no the team has to move to Utah.
Where they do not have an arena that is good.

I hope their lake dries up faster now.

Reactions: AZDesertKnight

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think we've been hoodwinked. The NHL has been working this deal in the background for awhile, I'm now under the opinion the auction was actually Plan B, not relocation.

Reactions: AZDesertKnight

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Off ice, this has been a disaster year for the NHL. So many issues. Corey Perry, Pierre Dorion, Hockey Canada, Pride Tape, Mike Babcock, Shane Pinto, TV deal.

And now, after a 15 year battle in Arizona, the league thinks the solution may be to go to an ill fitted arena in a much smaller market like Salt Lake City? There were so many other better alternative previously that they clearly missed the boat on.

In the event of a relocation, and in consideration of all the other issues from this year listed above, I would fully support the firing of Gary Bettman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad