Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I have worked some development and construction in my life and I am seeing some massive flaws in the time frame the owners are saying they would have the arena. Looking at the plans and other things on line. It is not just about all the construction but also preparing the land for such a massive change in usage. Even if it is an empty sand bowl

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Any cliff notes from Craig’s pod? I’d rather not listen to Seravelli’s high pitched voice and vibration of his double chin.
90-95% likelihood of relo.

NHL lack of trust in AM.

Frank “Coyotes best fans in the NHL”

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Any cliff notes from Craig’s pod? I’d rather not listen to Seravelli’s high pitched voice and vibration of his double chin.
- Was a 2 minute apology from Petey and Craig.
- Frank responded that he believes in the market and respects the fans and coins them the best fans in the league.
- Frank says 95% chance the team relocates.
- Frank doubles down and states it’s “expected” that part of the deal will be to give Meruelo a chance to get an expansion team back.
- Frank says the new push for relocation stems from uncertainty the deal gets done.
- Frank says a lot of Coyotes players he’s talked to have said that it “kind of doesn’t feel like they’re playing in the NHL.”

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Basically Servalli is saying the NHL has lost faith in Meruelo, they don't think he can actually pull it off regardless if he wins the auction or not.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The way they sucked off Frank in the first minute or two, I couldn't watch any more. The guy has done nothing to deserve the apology.

90-95% likelihood of relo.

NHL lack of trust in AM.

Frank “Coyotes best fans in the NHL”

How is he 90-95% sure in any meaningful way? He's hearing details about a contingency plan and he's inserting his own speculation that it's going to go through?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Seravalli doesn't get the point.
A expansion team can only work if it is successfull imediatly.
And if it has a face. No rebuild, no bullshit.
People only turn up if there is success or if there is a clear path forward.
Him bringing up the example of winnipeg just shows that he doesn't have any clue.

f*** you Frank.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Seravalli doesn't get the point.
A expansion team can only work if it is successfull imediatly.
And if it has a face. No rebuild, no bullshit.
People only turn up if there is success or if there is a clear path forward.
Him bringing up the example of winnipeg just shows that he doesn't have any clue.
Yeah that was f***ing infuriating, acting like losing a team with one of the best prospect pools in NHL and is loaded with picks over the next 3 years, a fresh pipeline that is finally flowing is basically no big deal. Such a dumb as f*** take!

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It wasn't too long ago that the Hurricanes seemed destined for relocation. It was a terrible feeling. I remember these "will I root for them if they move?" conversations like they were yesterday.

We got extremely lucky, and I am extremely thankful. I am heartsick that you aren't having the same luck.

I really, really, really hope that if move this goes through, you get the next expansion team, you keep all the trademarks, and that GM Shane Doan gets you to the playoffs in Year One.

Y'all deserve better.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I think the likeliness of an expansion team with Meruelo as the owner is unlikely. His image will be total shit in AZ.

Which also means any expansion team most likely wouldn't be playing in his arena if he ever built it either, so arena maybe never gets built.

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I ask, does anyone have an idea when Meruelo would have to show he has lined up not only the min $68.5 mill but also the many hundreds of miilion that would be needed for the site servicing and development?
This.

Winning the land auction is relatively small potatoes compared to the $3 Billion figure now being kicked around as the development cost. There is no infrastructure whatsoever on the site, other than the nearby freeway. That’s a huge upfront cost with no offsetting revenue in the near term. Money is expensive right now. The cost of construction in Arizona is through the roof.

I’d like to see the team stay in town but getting this deal done and paid for in three years just seems highly unrealistic. The league may be willing to guarantee a future franchise and make Meruelo whole in exchange for solving a today problem.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I'd have to think any guarantee the NHL gives the Meruelo for an expansion team would be conditional upon an acceptable arena already being built. Can he even build one without knowing he has a team?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
"Hockey in Arizona doesn't make sense!" - Leah Merrell

Great sound bite you've given Canada for the rest of time, you dumb donkey.

Screw this.
I don't think that's fair at all. Her spiel was solid and was a good plea on the part of Coyotes fans. I'm not sure why you would jump on that of all things. She was giving props to AZ fans, employees, etc. and all the shit we all go through to make things work that no team in a traditional market would even consider having to deal with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad