Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
See my edit..... you were fast my friend! :laugh:

The hacks at the Athletic won't be releasing any survey's because they'll show a mere handful (looks to be three, if any) of Marchant types, thus proving the Athletic was in it for the sensationalism.
In fairness to the Author they release a few quotes about each category and selection so it's not just the Coyotes they are sensationalizing

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm tired of the dink rink (mostly the crappy seats.... it's a long season), difference is I pay to play in it, the players get paid to play in it!

Reactions: RemoAZ

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
City of Phoenix launched a very successful campaign against the TED. This case is different because there's no public vote, but I wouldn't downplay Scottsdale's ability to throw a wrench in the gears.
Scottsdale also cannot use airport connections to manufacture a problem.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I obviously don't have the survey but here's the quote:

"And what of the Arizona Coyotes and their college arena experiment?

“That arena is dogs—,” one player said.

“Should never be in the NHL,” added another.

“It’s pathetic,” said a third. “It’s not The Show. Can’t take it seriously.”"

And yes they are spoiled

How should I entertain myself if I never listen to anyone or read anything??? It's an article summing up a "Players" poll, how exactly can that be untruthful?
You call listening to the Athletic entertaining? :huh:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Am I right in thinking Scottsdale's beef is the loss of revenue to businesses just down the road from a Shiney new toy? Assume they really can't do much about it if Phoenix wants the Coyotes??

Reactions: MIGs Dog

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Am I right in thinking Scottsdale's beef is the loss of revenue to businesses just down the road from a Shiney new toy? Assume they really can't do much about it if Phoenix wants the Coyotes??

No not really. They can try to make a stink about the traffic but well not even that's going to hold especially when they hosted the phx open and that caused traffic too.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I don’t worry about Scottsdale the mayor can eat shit for all i care, I care more about the smoke from multiple sources it seems that the NHL might not wait for the auction. I worry about the prospect of relocate, build, expand that’s been going around

The NHL can't legally interfere with the teams ability to bid on the land unless they want to end up defending their actions in a lawsuit by the state of Arizona, city of phx and the team. The team was clear if they don't win the auction the team is moving.

Reactions: Jakey53

MayDayMayDay

F****** Pheasants!
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

Yea, but you're a journalist Gambo, so we know you understand framing. Or at least you're supposed to.

"But I want them to stay."

Well f***in prove it. Because from everything I've seen, heard or read, you and everyone at that station have a shitty f***ing way of showing it. (Except for you Luke Lapinski, you keep doing you.)

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

Yea, but you're a journalist Gambo, so we know you understand framing. Or at least you're supposed to.

"But I want them to stay."

Well f***in prove it. Because from everything I've seen, heard or read, you and everyone at that station have a shitty f***ing way of showing it. (Except for you Luke Lapinski, you keep doing you.)

Just sounds so stupid and unrealistic for so many reasons. Gambo makes it sound like an easy solution (it isn't) to a problem that doesn't exist unless they lose the auction.

Edit: I think the NHL knew that building an arena was going to take time.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Something to think about…. Not going to name drop but.

Gambo knows people in SLC, including one who works for the Smith group.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Just sounds so stupid and unrealistic for so many reasons. Gambo makes it sound like an easy solution (it isn't) to a problem that doesn't exist unless they lose the auction.

Edit: I think the NHL knew that building an arena was going to take time.

And this so called solution will get the NHL sued big time by the team's owner, state of Arizona and the city of phx.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Would you be referring to someone known to NBA fans as one of the whiniest crybabies in league history?
Said I wasn’t dropping names.

Certainly didn’t come from the Coyotes. The only insider Gambo ever had (and he loved to brag about it) was Shane Doan.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
And this so called solution will get the NHL sued big time by the team's owner, state of Arizona and the city of phx.

I think so too.

There's no way in hell Meruelo is willing to see what he's built over the last 5 years go on to succeed in Utah, while he has to start over from scratch here in AZ with that dumbass proposal Gambo is peddlin'.

The City of Phoenix has spent a lot of time, resources, and monies on this project and they've approved it WITH the Coyotes as part of it. Not an expansion team. Switching teams (so stupid that I don't even know what to call it lol!) just sounds asinine.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad