Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I did not know this.

Edit:
I needed a refesher, I guess. That suit was started almost exactly 1 year ago by Bluebird. It was also a counter-suit. Is it still ongoing now that they're working with Phoenix? Haven't heard of it being called off, it's just kind of disappeared in the media.

i have no idea whats the status of that. Basically phx interfered with another cities electoral process.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
The nhl needs to come out and say they’re fine waiting for the auction or they’re doing something else. Today’s parade of bullshit from so many directions is almost too much to bear and idk how I’ll make it to June 27th

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You're going to have a hard time convincing me that the players are hurting for money because they have to put a portion of their paycheck into escrow to ensure that the players and owners split HRR 50/50.

Plus it shouldn't be so bad, NHL says the cap is expected to go up by $4M.
I could care less about the escrow but they do. They don't want anything held back period but they also don't want to renegotiate the cba just yet.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
The nhl needs to come out and say they’re fine waiting for the auction or they’re doing something else. Today’s parade of bullshit from so many directions is almost too much to bear and idk how I’ll make it to June 27th
Bettman did do that as the all-star game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
you don't like the source. I get it. It is a report. Believe what you want.
Exactly. I was listening to the NHL on Sirius XM and they were saying the Coyote's have to purchase the land for $93mill. and the Scottsdale mayor said they don't want the Coyote's because they don't have enough water. No mention of the auction, and I have no idea if the Mayor said something so stupid or not. Another bunch of dummies spouting off without knowing what's going on.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
City of Phoenix launched a very successful campaign against the TED. This case is different because there's no public vote, but I wouldn't downplay Scottsdale's ability to throw a wrench in the gears.
The water they’re using is Phoenix water. The coyotes are paying for all the utilities and and roadway improvements. All is this had already been stated. The only aspect of the mayors complaints that haven’t already been addressed and satisfied publicly are the complaints about traffic. Welcome to a growing area. Inevitable.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. I was listening to the NHL on Sirius XM and they were saying the Coyote's have to purchase the land for $93mill. and the Scottsdale mayor said they don't want the Coyote's because they don't have enough water. No mention of the auction, and I have no idea if the Mayor said something so stupid or not. Another bunch of dummies spouting off without knowing what's going on.
In the RFP the water issue clearly indicates it would come from Phoenix not Scottsdale. Had the mayor looked into that prior to bitching about it on social media he wouldn't look like a complete idiot right now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The league has zero need or inclination to make things this complicated in order to get what they want. This is pure click baity nonsense. It's not like expansion has to happen NOW or the opportunity is gone forever. SLC and Atlanta are going to be there when the league is ready, no worries there.
And Houston.

In the RFP the water issue clearly indicates it would come from Phoenix not Scottsdale. Had the mayor looked into that prior to bitching about it on social media he wouldn't look like a complete idiot right now.
Exactly. This has been my point from the start. Why believe or listen to these dumb assholes from Canada and even anyone in our own backyard here in Phoenix?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stop listening to it. The NHL doesn't need to say or do anything until after the auction. Why are you guys still listening to all this BS?

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

I think they have. All-Star presser.

Also, no one from the NHL has disputed XG's public statements on relocation being the next step if they lose the auction. Gary doesn't like the word relocation being thrown around loosely.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
The NHL never said it was just win the auction. I will be so happy once Uncle Gary gives his full endorsement. What he said at the All Star was far from his full blessing. Rewatch the video if you disagree. I just want this to be over and hopefully by the draft we will know either way.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
It’s wild to me how everyone isn’t used to this by now. Every damn year right at the end of the season “journalists” try to come up with clickbait about the Yotes leaving…. And here we are… still here.

As for the Mayor of Scottsdale… bunch of crying. Call it jealousy if you will.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I think it was obvious we’d get some political bullshit to deal with.

Political bullcrap over a non issue.

The NHL never said it was just win the auction. I will be so happy once Uncle Gary gives his full endorsement. What he said at the All Star was far from his full blessing. Rewatch the video if you disagree. I just want this to be over and hopefully by the draft we will know either way.

The NHL isn't gonna move the team if the yotes win the auction, They WILL move if they lose the aunction.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It just might be a fight not worth having if there is an amicable solution. Easy example if Mureulo can swap Coyotes for expansion team in 4 years he could actually save himself a ton of cash from losses possibly??? And while you guys don't want to acknowledge it the NHL and the NHLPA is a partnership and ignoring your Partners concerns doesn't usually end well.

Again based on nothing by me except rumblings that could mean absolutely nothing.
The loss savings is where my mind went initially, but the losses are peanuts compared to expansion fees. I'm surprised you of all people would bring that up, after carrying on last night about what Meruelo has, or has not been offered for the team.

I don't think the players (excluding Marchant) have a problem with Mullet whatsoever. The NHLPA has merely been doing the dirty work for the NHL lately, attempting to put pressure on AM.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
I don’t worry about Scottsdale the mayor can eat shit for all i care, I care more about the smoke from multiple sources it seems that the NHL might not wait for the auction. I worry about the prospect of relocate, build, expand that’s been going around

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The loss savings is where my mind went initially, but the losses are peanuts compared to expansion fees. I'm surprised you of all people would bring that up, after carrying on last night about what Meruelo has, or has not been offered for the team.

I don't think the players (excluding Marchant) have a problem with Mullet whatsoever. The NHLPA has merely been doing the dirty work for the NHL lately, attempting to put pressure on AM.
My suggestion was that SLC essentially pay for an expansion team and get the Coyotes right now and then in 4 years AZ get an expansion team without paying. Essentially to the NHL the money is a wash. Of course i don't expect anything to ever be that simple. You might want to check out what some non agenda reporters are saying about players reaction to Mullett including recent Athletic Player's survey, it's real whether you like it or not.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

If the NHL wants to stay in Arizona Meruelo is their best option. So why not continue to be patient when they're closer than ever to getting what they need and want?

If the NHL were to leave Arizona and wants to come back some day, they'd shouldn't go pissing of the City of Phoenix by wasting their time now by pulling the team out from under AM before the auction and especially not after winning it. From what I understand this project was approved by the city WITH the arena, not without it.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
My suggestion was that SLC essentially pay for an expansion team and get the Coyotes right now and then in 4 years AZ get an expansion team without paying. Essentially to the NHL the money is a wash. Of course i don't expect anything to ever be that simple. You might want to check out what some non agenda reporters are saying about players reaction to Mullett including recent Athletic Player's survey, it's real whether you like it or not.
I'm saying it's not "basically a wash," because it isn't.

Show me the player survey's (actual survey's) and I'll consider conceding. You can't, so you won't, but they really have nothing to complain about anyway. So, I'm not buying it w/o some facts. But I'll warn ya, in the unlikely event you come up with anything, I'll just point out that they're being spoiled, entitled, prima donna's.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That is just dumb and will never happen. I really don't care what a few players say or complain about, the NHL approved the facility so the Athletic and those few players can go pound sand. Why the hell would you listen to anything from the Athletic? Are they even still in business?:sarcasm:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm saying it's not "basically a wash," because it isn't.

Show me the player survey's (actual survey's) and I'll consider conceding. They really have nothing to complain about, so I'm not buying it w/o some facts. But I'll warn ya, in the unlikely event you come up with anything, I'll just point out that they're being spoiled, entitled, prima donna's.
I obviously don't have the survey but here's the quote:

"And what of the Arizona Coyotes and their college arena experiment?

“That arena is dogs—,” one player said.

“Should never be in the NHL,” added another.

“It’s pathetic,” said a third. “It’s not The Show. Can’t take it seriously.”"

And yes they are spoiled

That is just dumb and will never happen. I really don't care what a few players say or complain about, the NHL approved the facility so the Athletic and those few players can go pound sand. Why the hell would you listen to anything from the Athletic? Are they even still in business?
How should I entertain myself if I never listen to anyone or read anything??? It's an article summing up a "Players" poll, how exactly can that be untruthful?

Reactions: Kaizen

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I obviously don't have the survey but here's the quote:

"And what of the Arizona Coyotes and their college arena experiment?

“That arena is dogs—,” one player said.

“Should never be in the NHL,” added another.

“It’s pathetic,” said a third. “It’s not The Show. Can’t take it seriously.”"

And yes they are spoiled
See my edit..... you were fast my friend! :laugh:

The hacks at the Athletic won't be releasing any survey's because they'll show a mere handful (looks to be three, if any) of Marchant types, thus proving the Athletic was in it for the sensationalism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad