Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One where they list $1Billion figure.

• The Coyotes will deny it publicly ‘til the cows come home, but Utah Jazz owner Ryan Smith discussed a major offer, believed to be around $1B offer, to buy the team and relocate them to Salt Lake City – understanding the need to cover the NHL’s relocation fee, as well. I first reported this on Feb. 7. The attempt was rejected, and I don’t think talks escalated beyond that, but an offer was made in some fashion.

See below

And u don’t believe in Morgan. So essentially no journalist matters. Well then I don’t know what to tell you. U ask for proof. Its provided. Not good enough because this journalist in your mind isn’t credible. Why ask then if no matter what i sourced it wasn’t going to be accepted.
It's proof when it comes from the horses mouth, not another journalist. All the Coyote talk is like TTD with these journalists throwing out names and hardly any come true.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
I just hope we kinda have an idea of how many bidders there will be before 6/27. I know we won’t know officially until that morning but like there should be rumblings right?

It’d be awfully anticlimactic if meruelo is the only guy with a paddle, I mean, joyous for us, but boring for others. As if their opinions matter

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's proof when it comes from the horses mouth, not another journalist. All the Coyote talk is like TTD with these journalists throwing out names and hardly any come true.
you don't like the source. I get it. It is a report. Believe what you want.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Just saw this tweet but have not listened:

Short version of what he said in a recent PHNX podcast. AM really wants this to get done and any talk of selling the team for relocation is believed to be a contingency plan only. AM wants the team and the district first and foremost - doesn't like losing.

XG laid it out pretty damn clear, I think. I also think that if XG was willing to use the word relocation to the media that he had Bettman's blessing to do so, so I believe relocation really is plan B. Strong indicator that there is no local options left, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I f***ing hate him, but Seravalli’s BS today about Ryan Smith’s “name the team” thing and Gambo’s report are making me anxious.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Gmabo threw this out on social media.

1712603912993.png

Oh good lord that what if is how the NHL gets their butts sued in courts. NHL can't interfere with that auction nor can they move the team anyways and force the owner out even if they win the auction.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
What worries me about dumb f*** seravalli more than gambo is that seravalli has league connections. What if the league is gonna do some back-handed shit when the regular season ends? Through this whole saga, we the fans are the only ones who have suffered. Why wouldn’t we be made to suffer more?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
What worries me about dumb f*** seravalli more than gambo is that seravalli has league connections. What if the league is gonna do some back-handed shit when the regular season ends? Through this whole saga, we the fans are the only ones who have suffered. Why wouldn’t we be made to suffer more?

seravalli has no idea what he talks about half the time. He was the one that said the team wasn't green lighted by the league to sign FAs for next season on the daily face off website.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad