Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
The league has zero need or inclination to make things this complicated in order to get what they want. This is pure click baity nonsense. It's not like expansion has to happen NOW or the opportunity is gone forever. SLC and Atlanta are going to be there when the league is ready, no worries there.

Also why would the team put a bid for the land if the team has to move at the end of the season anyways. Wouldn't AM be aware of that prior to making the bid if he and the league communicate with each other?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
seravelli has been wrong consistently throughout the last several weeks. Not sure why everyone fears he is suddenly credible. He's a shill for the PA. they can huff and puff all they want. HK.

What are they huffing and puffing about though exactly? They are still getting a paycheck, and only 1 of 32 teams. So any increase in revenue because they might move to a "real NHL arena" instead of playing at Mullet is going to be so small relatively.

The PA should be rooting for AM to find a home in AZ, because that leaves open the high probability of 2 more expansion teams. If they leave AZ and move to SLC, then that takes away a possible expansion location.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Scottsdale mayor having his Karen moment.

And what exactly is he gonna do about it sue the state to prevent them from selling it to AM if he is the highest bidder? Sue to prevent him from doing anything on the land that AM legally bought if he's the highest bidder.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
"... without mention of market demand for a new entertainment venue disguised as a hockey arena"

No disguising going on. It's a NHL arena- practice facility-team offices-luxury housing-concert venue-entertainment district. Where's the subterfuge?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Scottsdale mayor is saying that he doesn’t want Scottsdale to have to pay for water, sewer or road improvements. Ok. Done.

Next complaint is…traffic? Too bad.

What else? The theme park stuff for the DBacks? XG said they’re moving forward with or without. Done.

That’s all I can decipher? What am I missing besides an old coot complaining about traffic?

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Chris Johnston, who I will add is not a Coyote's hater, talked about present situation on his last podcast. Coles notes is he thinks the end is coming whether its new arena or relocation but he reiterated as he normally does that if Coyotes leave Phoenix will be top of list for league expansion. So no surprise there from him. But one thing he talked about with some reservation was that NHL Players have really gotten tired of Mullett and the behind the scenes complaints are getting louder.

Without anything to back it up it got me wondering if the relocation, build arena, and expansion plan might be getting some real considerable?

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Chris Johnston, who I will add is not a Coyote's hater, talked about present situation on his last podcast. Coles notes is he thinks the end is coming whether its new arena or relocation but he reiterated as he normally does that if Coyotes leave Phoenix will be top of list for league expansion. So no surprise there from him. But one thing he talked about with some reservation was that NHL Players have really gotten tired of Mullett and the behind the scenes complaints are getting louder.

Without anything to back it up it got me wondering if the relocation, build arena, and expansion plan might be getting some real considerable?
Players can be tired of it if they want but at the end of the day the league and the PA signed off on it for 3-4 years. The players can complain and I’m sure some do, but those complaints shouldn’t have any bearing on league business

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Players can be tired of it if they want but at the end of the day the league and the PA signed off on it for 3-4 years. The players can complain and I’m sure some do, but those complaints shouldn’t have any bearing on league business

what are the players gonna do strikes and force the league to move the team?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It just might be a fight not worth having if there is an amicable solution. Easy example if Mureulo can swap Coyotes for expansion team in 4 years he could actually save himself a ton of cash from losses possibly??? And while you guys don't want to acknowledge it the NHL and the NHLPA is a partnership and ignoring your Partners concerns doesn't usually end well.

Again based on nothing by me except rumblings that could mean absolutely nothing.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
And what exactly is he gonna do about it sue the state to prevent them from selling it to AM if he is the highest bidder? Sue to prevent him from doing anything on the land that AM legally bought if he's the highest bidder.
City of Phoenix launched a very successful campaign against the TED. This case is different because there's no public vote, but I wouldn't downplay Scottsdale's ability to throw a wrench in the gears.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What are they huffing and puffing about though exactly? They are still getting a paycheck, and only 1 of 32 teams. So any increase in revenue because they might move to a "real NHL arena" instead of playing at Mullet is going to be so small relatively.

The PA should be rooting for AM to find a home in AZ, because that leaves open the high probability of 2 more expansion teams. If they leave AZ and move to SLC, then that takes away a possible expansion location.
this is all about escrow. AZ brings revenues down which means more escrow.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
City of Phoenix launched a very successful campaign against the TED. This case is different because there's no public vote, but I wouldn't downplay Scottsdale's ability to throw a wrench in the gears.

Which they are getting sued for due to governmental interference.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Which they are getting sued for due to governmental interference.

I did not know this.

Edit:
I needed a refesher, I guess. That suit was started almost exactly 1 year ago by Bluebird. It was also a counter-suit. Is it still ongoing now that they're working with Phoenix? Haven't heard of it being called off, it's just kind of disappeared in the media.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
this is all about escrow. AZ brings revenues down which means more escrow.

You're going to have a hard time convincing me that the players are hurting for money because they have to put a portion of their paycheck into escrow to ensure that the players and owners split HRR 50/50.

Plus it shouldn't be so bad, NHL says the cap is expected to go up by $4M.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
When the inevitable movie/series is done on the Coyotes it sure would be nice to see a Happy Ever After ending. And surely someone is gonna produce this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad