Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Went looking through the Utah depth chart on EP for something on the trade forum and it kind of just gutted me that there's no stats there. I didn't expect to feel so bad but there's no franchise leaders, no points, no seasons, nothing. Keller has as many points with Utah as Barret Hayton does.

I perfectly understand JDWO POV. I mean, you can't act surprised now about it either, it's been like that since April. Which is also kind of insane to think about.

I still hate Meruelo more than anything and anyone else, but I don't appreciate the way the NHL and NHLPA handled it. I can't rationally blame Smyth for accepting a deal with the NHL but I still think it's bullshit that he even got offered that deal and it's even more bullshit that our team was given away in it's entirety to him.

It's like he got an inheritance of millions of dollars from a family member dying without having to do anything to get it. Just pure luck. Right place right time. And I f***ing hate that because we suffered for f***ing years to get those picks and GMBA had to struggle his ass off and get laughed at as the dumping ground of the NHL all the while he continued to make smart moves. The cosmic f***ing injustice of Meruelo just selling GMBA and Tourigny and all of our top prospects away is what kills me.

I still like talking about hockey and I'm still in a sim league so I still want to pay attention to the NHL but there's no damn chance I'm rooting for Utah. Ironically writing for something like Clean Hits is something I've always wanted to do and would be a dream job for me, but I wouldn't be able to stand writing about Utah constantly or being a fan and trying to be unbiased about Utah or writing from the perspective of what's best for Utah. That's really the only reason I turned down RT when he asked if I wanted to.

I've tried tuning into a few different forums here and giving some prospect info on guys from the Knights but I can't see myself joining another fandom anytime soon.

The NHL can go f*** themselves anyways, and I know what everyone will say, that we wouldn't have had a team this long without Gary anyways and that we overstayed our welcome, but that doesn't invalidate how shit he treated us in the end and threw us away as quickly as possible as soon as it became possible.

HF is still a place I go for hockey news but it's lost a lot of it's shine. I may still argue with people on the Utah boards but it's not the same and in a few years will probably be completely different. I don't see myself being an NHL fan again for a very long time unless I move somewhere with a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad