Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
All the power to them, I knew i could NEVER support the team after a move hence attaching to VGK in 2017 when Barroway may or may not have been a thing and the team was going to move yearly. Closest team, pretty much the same desert environment as Phoenix, great ownership, stability and I go to Vegas twice a year at least. Easy Choice.. Utah can rot and fail asap. But I can understand why some folks are following them.. For me, That's like being best friends with the person who your cheating wife was boning.. no thank you.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
For me, That's like being best friends with the person who your cheating wife was boning.. no thank you.

For me, my best friend just moved to Utah because things hadn't been going well for him here for a long time and he had a good opportunity for a fresh start somewhere else. I've wished him the best and intend to stay friends.

I don't feel the betrayal that some do. Disappointed, yes. Betrayed, no.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
As for the Coyotes fans who "seamlessly" became Utah fans, though, what do you expect them to do... be bitter-ass get-off-my-porch curmudgeons like you and me? They still like NHL hockey, and just like the Winnipeg fans who went along to Arizona with the old Jets, they love their franchise. Considering how loyal and true those Winnipeg fans were for us, especially when the hurt-feelings, online-troll crowd of their Manitoban peers caused so much grief and anger for us after the Coyotes' bankruptcy, I'm heavily inclined to be on the side of the ex-Coyotes fans cheering for Utah, rather than the miserable bastards (like me) who didn't go along for the ride.
Like I said, it's hard to hate on anyone for moving on. It all makes sense in my head, the problem is the heart is still struggling.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
All the power to them, I knew i could NEVER support the team after a move hence attaching to VGK in 2017 when Barroway may or may not have been a thing and the team was going to move yearly. Closest team, pretty much the same desert environment as Phoenix, great ownership, stability and I go to Vegas twice a year at least. Easy Choice.. Utah can rot and fail asap. But I can understand why some folks are following them.. For me, That's like being best friends with the person who your cheating wife was boning.. no thank you.
This reads like you got yourself a gal in Vegas because you were afraid the wife was gonna run off and now you're upset because your buddy is tapping your wife because he knows you're a cheating scoundrel. :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I ate lunch in high school with the same 5 or 6 friends every day for 4 years. We talked sports almost all the time as you can imagine and the last few posts reminded me of a discussion we had many times.

What are you a fan of? Is it the logo or the players? For me it was always the logo. Yes I had my favorite players but it was always about the team, the organizations or in other words, the logo. I became a Steelers and Pirates fan when I was a kid (no teams here or where I was born). When the Cardinals moved here they didn't change the name of the team. It was somebody else's team. I could never follow them. I'm still a Steelers fan to this day. When the Dbacks came, that was OUR team. I had season tickets the first season and haven't rooted for the Pirates since. Same thing with the Yotes. I didn't really start following the NHL until they came here. If they would have stayed the Jets, I might not have been interested but by changing the name, they were OUR team. There's a couple players I really liked that are now in Utah and I became a huge fan of Bill Armstrong but that will never be my team. I'll stay, as Feckless puts in, a miserable bastard.

So what's it to you guys? The players or the logo?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The only thing aggravating to me about the Utah situation is the fact that everything is getting done so easily, seemingly without any effort or roadblocks at all. They just broke ground on a new practice facility in south Salt Lake that used to be a mall. They have approval and funding for a huge new downtown entertainment district. And all of this happening more or less within the three months since they got the team. Whereas we waited (in vain) for these kinds of things for fifteen years.

As for the Coyotes fans who "seamlessly" became Utah fans, though, what do you expect them to do... be bitter-ass get-off-my-porch curmudgeons like you and me? They still like NHL hockey, and just like the Winnipeg fans who went along to Arizona with the old Jets, they love their franchise. Considering how loyal and true those Winnipeg fans were for us, especially when the hurt-feelings, online-troll crowd of their Manitoban peers caused so much grief and anger for us after the Coyotes' bankruptcy, I'm heavily inclined to be on the side of the ex-Coyotes fans cheering for Utah, rather than the miserable bastards (like me) who didn't go along for the ride.

(this isn't directed at you Feck, I'm just borrowing the soapbox for a minute.)

Make no mistake...

I still cover this forum (as dormant as it is) and I'm not going to put up with anyone taking shots at those who are following the players going forward.

Before this forum was "deactivated" Sniper placed a warning at the top of the forum for posters from other fan bases coming in here to flame and troll.

That warning also applies to the rest of you.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
(this isn't directed at you Feck, I'm just borrowing the soapbox for a minute.)

Make no mistake...

I still cover this forum (as dormant as it is) and I'm not going to put up with anyone taking shots at those who are following the players going forward.

Before this forum was "deactivated" Sniper placed a warning at the top of the forum for posters from other fan bases coming in here to flame and troll.

That warning also applies to the rest of you.
Way to put those uppity Coyote fans in their place! lol

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I ate lunch in high school with the same 5 or 6 friends every day for 4 years. We talked sports almost all the time as you can imagine and the last few posts reminded me of a discussion we had many times.

What are you a fan of? Is it the logo or the players? For me it was always the logo. Yes I had my favorite players but it was always about the team, the organizations or in other words, the logo. I became a Steelers and Pirates fan when I was a kid (no teams here or where I was born). When the Cardinals moved here they didn't change the name of the team. It was somebody else's team. I could never follow them. I'm still a Steelers fan to this day. When the Dbacks came, that was OUR team. I had season tickets the first season and haven't rooted for the Pirates since. Same thing with the Yotes. I didn't really start following the NHL until they came here. If they would have stayed the Jets, I might not have been interested but by changing the name, they were OUR team. There's a couple players I really liked that are now in Utah and I became a huge fan of Bill Armstrong but that will never be my team. I'll stay, as Feckless puts in, a miserable bastard.

So what's it to you guys? The players or the logo?
Interesting take. I guess I’m a fan of the game and my home team, no matter its origins, or history.
I’m certain I’ll watch every single Utah game I can and I’ll bitch and moan about missing any, as per my norm. It will be painful though, should the team get a lot of attention merely because they are a new logo. Definitely gonna be weird, because while I’ll want them to win, the attention they will get from that will also cause some pain.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Interesting take. I guess I’m a fan of the game and my home team, no matter its origins, or history.
I’m certain I’ll watch every single Utah game I can and I’ll bitch and moan about missing any, as per my norm. It will be painful though, should the team get a lot of attention merely because they are a new logo. Definitely gonna be weird, because while I’ll want them to win, the attention they will get from that will also cause some pain.
The closer I get to the season, the less excited I get. I’m less and less interested in the Utah club, I guess. I stopped watching pods about Utah and now visit Discord and HF far less frequently.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

If they manage to win a Stanley Cup (I'm not expecting it but it would be a "Coyotes thing" if it did) then we might have a better understanding of what most Quebec City fans went through.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If they manage to win a Stanley Cup (I'm not expecting it but it would be a "Coyotes thing" if it did) then we might have a better understanding of what most Quebec City fans went through.
Quebec got absolutely f***ed! They should've held a parade for those bastards, it was the least they could've done. I absolutely think that's what is going to happen with the Coyotes, it's one of the worst parts of this experience. It feels like we put in all the "work" as fans, but Utah is going to get all the rewards. At least it won't happen this coming season, I can't even imagine seeing it happen literally the first year in the new city.

Reactions: TheLegend

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Way to put those uppity Coyote fans in their place! lol
Seriously, I don't think anyone has been personally attacking anyone, theres an understandable place for both camps and we should be allowed to vent as needed. We do not have to be high and mighty. Hopefully the Utah forum actually starts getting some Utah based people over there... their community has been pathetic thus far.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Seriously, I don't think anyone has been personally attacking anyone, theres an understandable place for both camps and we should be allowed to vent as needed. We do not have to be high and mighty. Hopefully the Utah forum actually starts getting some Utah based people over there... their community has been pathetic thus far.

After 6 years….. compared to the team’s success, Vegas still is to some degree.

Let’s just say HF hasn’t gone all that far out of their way to make the forum known to the local Utah fans to date.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Quebec got absolutely f***ed! They should've held a parade for those bastards, it was the least they could've done. I absolutely think that's what is going to happen with the Coyotes, it's one of the worst parts of this experience. It feels like we put in all the "work" as fans, but Utah is going to get all the rewards. At least it won't happen this coming season, I can't even imagine seeing it happen literally the first year in the new city.

They did….. twice.

First when the team moved… and second when PKP got the fans ginned up over getting a team back if they would just build him a new arena.

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
After 6 years….. compared to the team’s success, Vegas still is to some degree.

Let’s just say HF hasn’t gone all that far out of their way to make the forum known to the local Utah fans to date.
Thats 100% accurate, Vegas fans are amazing but the online community is almost non existent.. The Coyotes fanbase is special

Reactions: TheLegend

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That is what will always piss me off about this. Of all the times it could have happened over the years, it finally happens when we're poised to become an actual contender. The team had barely been watchable over the last decade. f***ing bastard Meruello!

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That is what will always piss me off about this. Of all the times it could have happened over the years, it finally happens when we're poised to become an actual contender. The team had barely been watchable over the last decade. f***ing bastard Meruello!

Meh.... if it hadn't been for Meruelo they were gone the end of 2019.

So there's a whole chorus line of ****ing bastards (including him) you could pick from.... or just make it a group affair.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Dirty Old Man

Old but not really dirty
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I expect people to be bitter..... but not at the expense of taking it out on others who decided to make the best out of a bad situation.
For example, I think it's awesome that Grimes and rt seem to have turned the situation into a little side hustle/fun hobby. I only wish I cared about the subject, still.

And to make all this worse, the 40+ beer league team I was on for 22.5 years broke up last week, too. So I am no longer a Dirty Old Man, either (that's where my name comes from, if that was never clear). Out of blue comes green, though, I've joined two teams in my old stomping grounds in the Chandler rink part-time, and I probably could have joined a 3rd in Gilbert, too, putting me on 4 rosters, total. But that's just crazy :).

Meh.... if it hadn't been for Meruelo they were gone the end of 2019.
Yup...Meruelo at least attempted, although he failed and the whole thing crumbled. The real culprits for me will always be the people who led the No campaign in Tempe, and the people who voted No to said campaign.

Snarky Coyote

May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I think there have probably been more times than we know that the team was close to moving. I don't know how I feel. And for me, it's a little bit weirder since I support my workgroup in UT and spend a bit of time there. I think its going to be 2 tests, the first televised game, and then the first game I see in person, ( I already know that I am going to be there in October on game nights and I am assuming that tickets will be pricey but that I can get one somehow). I have always been about the players, so for me if Keller, Crouse Doan and others leave quickly, I imagine My interest will fade.

Ona completely different note, did anyone think naming the team in an homage to Wile E Coyote with the roadrunner's history was doomed to anything but failure?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Thanks for sharing. Most important, other than money is they need a person to head it up that's liked, respected and understands everything about the state. Someone that won't get stone walled by a city mayor. Like the Utah owner, he also needs to be from here with roots and wants to actually own a team IN Arizona, not someone that comes here because it's the only place he could get a team.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think there have probably been more times than we know that the team was close to moving. I don't know how I feel. And for me, it's a little bit weirder since I support my workgroup in UT and spend a bit of time there. I think its going to be 2 tests, the first televised game, and then the first game I see in person, ( I already know that I am going to be there in October on game nights and I am assuming that tickets will be pricey but that I can get one somehow). I have always been about the players, so for me if Keller, Crouse Doan and others leave quickly, I imagine My interest will fade.

Ona completely different note, did anyone think naming the team in an homage to Wile E Coyote with the roadrunner's history was doomed to anything but failure?
I hate how the URL uses the word "could" but the headline uses "should"...f***ing dark patterns man, they're everywhere.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad