Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Cole Beaudoin, Sacha Boisvert, Linus Eriksson, Michael Hage, Dean Letourneau, Julius Miettinen, and Lucas Pettersson
Hage and kinda Letourneau are the only ones in this list I’m interested in, but Hage at 14 is too early for me and 33 for Letourneau is to early for me (plus he’ll be gone in the late-1st because teams literally can’t help themselves).

The rest are a lot of what we already have.

Reactions: Nighthock

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I’d definitely be okay trading 14 for Rutger if the top 6 dmen are gone.
Are we convinced Rutger is a better prospect than MBN, Helenius, Hage, or Chernyshov? Chernyshov in particular is very intriguing to me.

I'm still personally preferring a D man at 14. And I honestly don't think they're going to trade this pick, although anything can happen.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Are we convinced Rutger is a better prospect than MBN, Helenius, Hage, or Chernyshov? Chernyshov in particular is very intriguing to me.

I'm still personally preferring a D man at 14. And I honestly don't think they're going to trade this pick, although anything can happen.
Helenius I have above him (I have Helenius as like the 7th best prospect in the draft) but the other 3 yes I absolutely have McGroarty over. McGroarty went PPG last year in the NCAA and had 52 points this year. He could probably play in the NHL right now and would be a great compliment to either of Smith or Celebrini.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
There’s talk in the trade board regarding Rutger McGroarty. Talk of trade stuff, would trading 14 overall be worthwhile?
Seems like the value should be lower if he is trying to force his way out, so would try and get him without using 14. But in a vacuum I would probably do it- drafting someone like MBN at 14 you are hoping he develops into McGroarty's production in two years.

Reactions: vortexy

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
There’s talk in the trade board regarding Rutger McGroarty. Talk of trade stuff, would trading 14 overall be worthwhile?
apparently the trade board was wrong. Basically Rutger’s name was in trade talks, Friedman reached out to McGroarty’s reps and Winnipeg for comments and they refuse to talk to Friedman. They are not refusing to talk to each other. Also apparently Winnipeg is only moving McGroarty for a 2C or top 4 RHD which we do not have.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
apparently the trade board was wrong. Basically Rutger’s name was in trade talks, Friedman reached out to McGroarty’s reps and Winnipeg for comments and they refuse to talk to Friedman. They are not refusing to talk to each other. Also apparently Winnipeg is only moving McGroarty for a 2C or top 4 RHD which we do not have.
Can it be someone that has played 2C before even if they aren’t technically a “2C”? In that case, here are the rights to Luke Kunin?

Can it be someone who has played in the top 4 as an RD? In that case, here is Jan Rutta.

Kunin’s RFA rights and Rutta for McGroarty. :sarcasm:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
We really picked some stinkers didn’t we.

1719082577294.png

7fab3929-277c-4976-bbc5-b4d59d5aa4b5_text.gif

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I know it’s not a great draft for goalies (apparently, though goalies are voodoo), but it wouldn’t hurt to use one of our 9 picks on a goalie as our system is virtually barren. Who are some people’s preferences if we do draft a goalie? Any under the radar names? Some interesting overagers are Nabokov and Moysevich. Gidlof? George?

Thoughts?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I find it funny that when I was looking for the C Macklin Celebrini thread on the Prospects Board, I had to go all the way to the sixth page to find it. Ozzy Weisblatt's thread was ahead of Celebrini's haha. And the last post on Celebrini's thread, dated.....Jun 8th.

All the hype must've subsided once we won the draft lottery eh? Oh he's a Shork now, nothing to see here :laugh:

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I find it funny that when I was looking for the C Macklin Celebrini thread on the Prospects Board, I had to go all the way to the sixth page to find it. Ozzy Weisblatt's thread was ahead of Celebrini's haha. And the last post on Celebrini's thread, dated.....Jun 8th.

All the hype must've subsided once we won the draft lottery eh? Oh he's a Shork now, nothing to see here :laugh:
I think it’s because he’s literally the only one without any speculation surrounding on draft position. Really isn’t much more to say about him that hasn’t already been said while the rest of the whole 1st round is a crapshoot!

Reactions: Shark Finn

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

Plus there's not much left to say about the kid

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California

It's not that. There is just no conversation to be had. He's the clear cut no 1, little to no flaws in his game and everyone knows where he is going. Sure, if he was going to a major market team you'd see more activity/gloating but it's not a "oh he's a Shark GTFO", it'd be the same had the Ducks or Jackets, etc had won.

I think the biggest revelation the past month was that he was 5'11 3/4 and not 6'.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
At the time I was all for it. Bring some excitement in and then pair him with his linemate.

In hindsight, drafting a guy who's 160 pounds soaking wet to be the offensive savior and then throwing him in right away probably wasn't the best decision.

Yeah, it’s all in hindsight of course. Just referring to what could have been. The Pronger draft year still hurts more.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
That too was rough but I loved getting Kozlov and Makarov was a pretty important player for us.

I liked Kozlov but I remember watching him even when he moved onto FLA and being frustrated watching him play. He was so big and strong but never used it. If he had played with more physicality he could have been pretty special. Unfortunately, he played a very soft game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad