All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
The announcers the last couple days have been making a big deal about New Zealand and Australia "Trying to avoid being the first-ever hosts to not make it out of the group"

When the first five WWC were hosted by Top 6 teams, so was France, and Canada was #8.

New Zealand is the first host not to advance out of the group, but they're also the second host ever to have TWO higher-rated teams in their group.

Huge difference between #9 China needing to "upset #8" in their group to advance.... and #26 New Zealand being the third-best team in their group.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Can't be. That only happens in the Men's game.

That falls in line with what I said about the "romance language" countries.

Keep in mind the WWC has been smaller than the men's at every step of the way. It WAS non-existent because Brazil was the only one making the tournament and Argentina, Colombia, Italy, Spain were sitting home.

The expansion of the field to 32 let the floppers in!

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
If Canada fails to advance beyond the group stage, then I'm basically done with cheering for the WNT.

In the interest of being fair, I'll hold the MNT to same standard for 2026.

Whelp. There you go. The CWNT has officially entered the Spengler Cup zone.

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Let's. F'ing. Go.

PXL_20230801_052609785-01-01.jpeg

Winning the group also will be nice for watching the knockouts, here's hoping.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Carbon copy of the first half from the Dutch game, out possessed and completely devoid of any sort of offense. Extremely easy to defend against. Just extremely lackluster and concerning (if) going forward.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Carbon copy of the first half from the Dutch game, out possessed and completely devoid of any sort of offense. Extremely easy to defend against. Just extremely lackluster and concerning (if) going forward.
Both teams seemed technically superior and more focused in possession. We don't seem like we know what we want to do with the ball.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Because we don't... we Look like a bunch of players instead a team.
Offensive game plan is get ball to Rose, Morgan, or Smith, hope they beat a defender or a couple and score or lay off an easy assist (oh, or setpieces, I guess). Us looking this ineffectual with Lavelle actually starting is worrisome, do we even have a next gear?

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad