All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
America begins qualification for the next iteration of the Women's World Cup today on CBS Sports against Haiti.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Priestman should try and find a way to get Grosso, Sinclair, Beckie and Huitema all in the starting lineup. These are 4 of Canada’s most talented players at the moment.

I know Priestman likes the pace of Rose and the midfield presence of Quinn, but if we’re being honest Rose doesn’t bring enough technical ability or smart movement/passing and Grosso is a far better player on the ball than Quinn.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Alex Morgan scored a penalty late in the second half to guide the United States to a 1-0 victory over Canada in the CONCACAF W Championship final in Monterrey, Mexico, on Monday night.

The game was a rematch of last summer's Olympic semifinal game, which Canada won 1-0 before going on to win the gold medal in Tokyo, with the victory securing the USWNT a spot in the 2024 Olympics in Paris.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Brazil won the Copa America for umpteenth time in a row, scoring 20 and conceding none.

Didn't watch the tournament otherwise, but in the final when Debinha scored the PK winner, Colombia keeper had already moved to to the other post and was way off the line by the time Debinha touched the ball.

Pretty easy to score into the other corner, and stupid move by the keeper.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Finally going to the Angel City game today. Haven't had a chance all season, but really looking forward to that atmosphere with a chance of the playoffs on the line.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Finally going to the Angel City game today. Haven't had a chance all season, but really looking forward to that atmosphere with a chance of the playoffs on the line.
Every women’s game I’ve been to has been a ton of fun. Don’t try to compare to MLS/whatever, treat it like its own thing. It’s a very fun time.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Every women’s game I’ve been to has been a ton of fun. Don’t try to compare to MLS/whatever, treat it like its own thing. It’s a very fun time.

Yeah I've seen the USWNT live several times before and this game tonight was very reminiscent of those games. Went to the game with my dad and we both had an awesome time. Stadium was sold out and buzzing. I think at some point between now and the beginning of next season I'm going to get season seats because the prices just seem too good to pass up.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Last edited:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
There's an issue with Portland FC now that they've been outed in the investigation. Paul Riley used to coach portland but now people want ownership held accountable.

On brighter news US plays England (Euro champs) at 3 pm EST tomorrow on FOX. And the ACC continues to look sharp in women's soccer, as #3 FSU toppled #2 UVA in Charlottesville. FSU scored their lone goal 1 minute in.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Momentum is building for this English team, they are trending in the perfect direction heading into the 2023 World Cup,

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Really fun game to attend even though the result wasn't what I wanted. Was great to finally experience a match at Wembley. 75K for a Women's friendly is great to see as well.

England moved the ball so well, their Right Wing was rapid, and they dominated the midfield. Deserved the victory despite the questionable VAR.

PXL_20221007_204210132.PANO.jpg

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
USWNT has lost 2 straight for the first time since like 2017. They had a long winning streak before the England game, but played a light Concacaf schedule.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
USWNT has lost 2 straight for the first time since like 2017. They had a long winning streak before the England game, but played a light Concacaf schedule.

And they lost to a Spain B- squad. We're dealing with injuries of our own, but this is a definite concern given how they played in the Olympics and a World cup in like 8 months time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad