All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What young women do you predict will make the USWNT?

For attackers I think Pugh and Macario are locks. Rapinoe, Morgan, Heath and Press are still good enough to be involved, but I think Rapinoe's days as a starter are over. I think it'll be tough for Smith, Purce, Hatch and Rodman to unseat those veterans.

Elsewhere I think Emily Fox has been fantastic at left back, Casey Murphy could unseat Naeher or at least be the backup. I like Sanchez and Howell in the midfield, but its pretty crowded when everyone is healthy. Also Alana Cook is a lock, especially now that Tierna Davidson is out injured.

There's so many wildcards in this with Dunn being far along in her pregnancy, Ertz is pregnant as well and where that leaves them and does that open up spots for somebody else.

So ultimately for me Pugh, Macario, Fox, Murphy, Cook for sure. Smith, Purce, Hatch, Rodman, Sanchez and Howell are all fighting for limited spots.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
As great as it is, the amount of internet anger and outrage over the men being "forced" to give up pay is hilarious. :laugh:

"THE WORLD CUP BRINGS IN MORE MONEY THAN YER PUNY WOMEN'S WORLD CUP. ERGO WE US MNT SHOULD KEEP THAT POT MONEY. IF U WANT MORE MONEY GET A BETTER WORLD CUP."

You mean the same one the USWNT has won 4 times, as opposed to 0 for the men?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
First time US Soccer's slogan "One Nation, One team" actually has meaning. It always felt like there were two teams, the USMNT vs USWNT. Never felt like it was ever unified and this at least finally seems like they're moving in a positive direction.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Thank You to Les Fenottes, nickname of the Olympique Lyonnais Women's

They are one of the most impressive sport teams in the last two decades (8th champions League, 15 national championships, 9 national cup...in 16 years)

I was born 1km from the stadium and even worked for the club during 10 years
I'm so proud of them

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
ESPN's top three 21 and under women are Trinity Rodman, Lauren Hemp, and Lena Oberdorf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad