AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Buddy got hurt. Got helped off mid match. Unable to put weight on his leg. A lot of anguish in his body language.

Either that was some of the best coordinated selling I’ve ever seen or unbelievably quick thinking to make a story out of it.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW looking like they’re going to do a record low gate in Chicago coming out of Forbidden Door.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I hate to be that guy, but this looks really bad for AEW.

Latest TV ratings | WWE, AEW: Dynamite, Raw, Smackdown, Collision, NXT, Rampage - Wrestlenomics

They lost over 250k viewers on collision from Q2 last year to Q2 this year. Minus 120k viewers from Q2 dynamite last year to this year. And 119k lost on Rampage from Q2 last year to this year.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 164643.png

Screenshot 2024-06-17 164720.png

At the climax, there was a half-hearted 'This is Awesome' chant. Very mild pop on the Hidden Blade spot. Not much on the 3 count.

Watch it on mute and it's better. Story, innovative moveset and camera work.

Fenix/Ospreay felt sloppy. They didn't seem to have very good chemistry to me.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Smackdown in Chicago this week so AEW is less than two weeks later.

Maybe they need more storylines to retain viewers or maybe they peaked and now the only question is where they will find a solid base of consistent viewership. AEW has more wrestling on each show compared to WWE on their shows and on average probably better wrestling than WWE but clearly wrestling doesn't equate to viewers. (the percentage of wrestling during AEW programming is more often than not higher than the percentage of wrestling on WWE programming when considering total match time versus total broadcast time)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's weird to say but pro wrestling isn't actually that important in pro wrestling.

I do think it's worth remembering that AEW has created a pretty loyal fanbase that largely enjoys what it's currently doing and could potentially rebel if the show was changed too much.

Reactions: SnS and yahhockey

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hate to be that guy, but this looks really bad for AEW.

Latest TV ratings | WWE, AEW: Dynamite, Raw, Smackdown, Collision, NXT, Rampage - Wrestlenomics

They lost over 250k viewers on collision from Q2 last year to Q2 this year. Minus 120k viewers from Q2 dynamite last year to this year. And 119k lost on Rampage from Q2 last year to this year.

View attachment 883726

View attachment 883727

Fenix/Ospreay felt sloppy. They didn't seem to have very good chemistry to me.
Also, as well, no CM Punk

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Ospreay isn't Goldberg. He can eat some losses here and there.

This might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for Ospreay/White for the international title at Wembley. I don't think those faceoffs in the gauntlet match were just for fun.

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad