AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Mark Briscoe is such a unique promo for this era. It's chaotic in a charming way. A real throwback to the cartoonish late 80s WWF. He's getting a good response from the crowds. He'd be a good AEW title feud for a heel champion on a secondary PPV.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Claudio/PAC
Danielson/Takagi

Fenix/White
Jarrett/Wild Card

Willow/Deeb
Nyla Rose/Statlander

Deonna/Shida
Mariah/Saraya

Mariah May is almost too obvious on the Women's side.

Men's side is wide open.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Claudio/PAC
Danielson/Takagi

Fenix/White
Jarrett/Wild Card

Willow/Deeb
Nyla Rose/Statlander

Deonna/Shida
Mariah/Saraya

Mariah May is almost too obvious on the Women's side.

Men's side is wide open.

I'm all aboard the Danielson train. I know asking him to win is like asking Hogan to lose, but give me that Danielson/Swerve main event.

I'm confused how they haven't come to blows yet. Ospreay snatching his belt out of his hand last week was pretty damn disrespectful, and then Swerve bringing up family raised it.

Swerve should have hit him last week, and Ospreay should have hit Swerve this week

I hate that they put them into a "can they co-exist" tag match next week against the Gates of Agony. Worst trope in WWE and it's somehow leaked onto AEW.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The build is a bit of miss for me. Swerve’s family was a plot point for the last PPV. That was a logical role reversal, cementing him as a face (with an edge). A couple weeks later and he’s 2023 Swerve again.

Two friends vying for the strap would have been fine. There are other stories on the card.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

Conrad Thompson spoke with Jim Ross on the latest Grilling JR Podcast. Thompson revealed that he had been told by a friend of his that Shane McMahon had been asking some AEW wrestlers about a chance to join the company.

“Last week, we got a lot of chatter online about some of the things we talked about. It was about the idea of Shane McMahon possibly working with AEW. If you recall, you said, ‘It’s so crazy to think it might work depending on how it was positioned or introduced. Shane called me the other day. He’s called two or three times, which I appreciate. He’s always been sensitive in that respect. That’s only a question that Shane can answer. Shane and Tony being together, how would that work creatively? Heck, who knows, it might be great.'”

“A friend of ours went out of his way to text me and say, ‘Hey, that’s not as crazy as you think. I know for sure that Shane McMahon has reached out to wrestlers on the AEW roster to at least hypothetically discuss the idea.’ Are we saying that’s going to happen? No. We are saying it’s not that crazy of an idea.”

Him supposedly reaching out is many steps from an appearance. It would be swell if nothing comes of it. Absolutely nothing physical should happen. With AEW having these authority figures maybe there's an arc that would make sense but hopefully nothing happens.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Shane McMahon appearing would be at the top of the list of shocking things that could happen. I don't think anything good would come after.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

Him supposedly reaching out is many steps from an appearance. It would be swell if nothing comes of it. Absolutely nothing physical should happen. With AEW having these authority figures maybe there's an arc that would make sense but hopefully nothing happens.
This is ridiculous. Top the Big Show spot. Do it with Paul Wight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad