AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
1719408035679.png

Reactions: Grackle Party

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ARTIST OF STARDOM Champion Mina Shirakawa, the hardest traveled wrestler in the Business

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This feud has been very well done. Background vignettes. Lots of TV time focused on it. Compelling story.
Not that it matters, because it’s a different audience, but it’s interesting to see since it’s a completely different story in Stardom.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t like Mina being the heel by the way. I don’t feel like that helps the purpose.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As in, being ignored or being portrayed in a different way?
It's more about her going for the AEW Women's title and bringing it back to Stardom. People do know because Mariah was a tag champion with her, but she's barely come up in her promos. I'm not sure that they're going to like her doing a clean break from Mariah, they were the most over act at the Stardom show in Philly, and that was before Mina was being seen every week. She is a trios champion, so it's not like she doesn't have tag team partners, but her old group with Mariah and Xia Brookside is what they went to, so I would imagine in the future, they'd like to be able to do that. While Toni is obviously not losing, the build they're doing is Mariah taking the title from her, and Mina being here should be making people want to get eyes on Stardom - at a time when they need it, and now they're booking her look stupid, so I don't think is accomplishing what it should be.

I think Mina is going to keep coming back, after Forbidden Door, so it's not like it's a total dead end, there's other things they can do, but they're not all the way in on her being a heel (it's also not what they do in Japan), even though she was a heel last week, probably because she really isn't one, she just seems to be an idiot. You're booking for your own promotion obviously, but an event like this is supposed to help everyone, and I'm not sure this helps Stardom, especially since they only have one person here. Taro Okada (no relation, president of Stardom) also seems like an idiot when it comes to working with other promotions based on what I've seen, so he probably doesn't understand that part and that her being here is the only thing that matters.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the way, Jericho doing perhaps the worst gimmick of his career by a significant margin, but because its Forbidden Door, he still manages to get a match that's very interesting, at least to me. Sure it's two old dudes, but Suzuki still rules and needs to kick the shit out of this guy.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Also... I hate Swerve v Ospreay. Two guys that should be champ (and Ospreay is so f***in hot right now). Neither should lose, neither should win. This match should have been on the back burner until they were ready to have Swerve drop rhe belt. And that should have been a while from now, Swerve deserves a good reign and Ospreay shouldn't lose.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
By the way, Jericho doing perhaps the worst gimmick of his career by a significant margin, but because its Forbidden Door, he still manages to get a match that's very interesting, at least to me. Sure it's two old dudes, but Suzuki still rules and needs to kick the shit out of this guy.
Jericho v Suzuki bores me to tears. That said, The Learning Tree gimmick is kind of growing on me... but I think it's mostly because of Big Bill. He's making it palatable. Kind of.

Reactions: SnS

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Also... I hate Swerve v Ospreay. Two guys that should be champ (and Ospreay is so f***in hot right now). Neither should lose, neither should win. This match should have been on the back burner until they were ready to have Swerve drop rhe belt. And that should have been a while from now, Swerve deserves a good reign and Ospreay shouldn't lose.

Nah Ospreay can lose he'll be fine.

Fans and even promoters/bookers in general overthink wins and losses. You don't need to protect everyone. Have some people eat some losses time to time.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Nah Ospreay can lose he'll be fine.

Fans and even promoters/bookers in general overthink wins and losses. You don't need to protect everyone. Have some people eat some losses time to time.
Sure, I don't disagree with you... so long as TK has something planned after Ospreay takes the L (hopefully cleanly). It's going to be a hell of a match, and probably the only reason I buy the PPV, but I just can't help think that'll be the end of it for a while which would be a shame.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Sure, I don't disagree with you... so long as TK has something planned after Ospreay takes the L (hopefully cleanly). It's going to be a hell of a match, and probably the only reason I buy the PPV, but I just can't help think that'll be the end of it for a while which would be a shame.

While there's a lot of moving parts (Don Callis family drama, Garcia in the middle), I'm guessing we get Ospreay/MJF at All In. MJF looked so pissed when Ospreay upstaged him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad