AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That is exactly the kind of stupid I expect.

Apparently Shane has made comments to some talent in AEW (and I'm paraphrasing) but it's along the lines of "can you imagine if I walked out there on Dynamite".

Someone needs to explain to Shane McMahon that's it's not 2001 anymore and he's no longer relevant. But given that the idiot son/money mark employs more Attitude era has-beens than you can shake a stick at (Copeland, Christian, Jericho, Gunn, Goldust, Jarrett, Big Show, Jim Ross, Tazz), I fully expect him to add Shane McMahon to his payroll.

Why stop there? Why not just create an Attitude Era stable lead by Shane? Cause that would be super-duper interesting and draw millions (and millions) of eyeballs to the AEW product. (Sarcasm).

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Apparently Shane has made comments to some talent in AEW (and I'm paraphrasing) but it's along the lines of "can you imagine if I walked out there on Dynamite".

Someone needs to explain to Shane McMahon that's it's not 2001 anymore and he's no longer relevant. But given that the idiot son/money mark employs more Attitude era has-beens than you can shake a stick at (Copeland, Christian, Jericho, Gunn, Goldust, Jarrett, Big Show, Jim Ross, Tazz), I fully expect him to add Shane McMahon to his payroll.

Why stop there? Why not just create an Attitude Era stable lead by Shane? Cause that would be super-duper interesting and draw millions (and millions) of eyeballs to the AEW product. (Sarcasm).

They could do an Invasion angle with AEW vs ROH vs Team Attitude, even Tony could probably book it better than Vince did back in the day

Reactions: Fro

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Anyone that thinks Shane showing up in AEW isn't a huge deal is delusional or in denial. It won't actually help AEW but it's definitely a big deal.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone that thinks Shane showing up in AEW isn't a huge deal is delusional or in denial. It won't actually help AEW but it's definitely a big deal.

Why is it a big deal? He's not a wrestler. His hey-day was a quarter century ago. His old man has been disgraced. A 50-something year-old son of a former promotor showing up on TV is suppose to draw eyeballs and clicks? Even his last run in WWE he got go away heat. Has Shane McMahon on his own ever sold a single ticket to a wrestling show in his life?

Not one single Attitude Era star that AEW has brought in moved the needle for them a single inch. We are 25 years out from Monday Night Wars.

It's like saying if Bill Watts or Jim Crockett showed up on WWE TV in the mid-2000s it would of been a big deal. No one would of cared, just like no one cares about Shane McMahon here in 2024.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Why is it a big deal? He's not a wrestler. His hey-day was a quarter century ago. His old man has been disgraced. A 50-something year-old son of a former promotor showing up on TV is suppose to draw eyeballs and clicks? Even his last run in WWE he got go away heat. Has Shane McMahon on his own ever sold a single ticket to a wrestling show in his life?

Not one single Attitude Era star that AEW has brought in moved the needle for them a single inch. We are 25 years out from Monday Night Wars.

It's like saying if Bill Watts or Jim Crockett showed up on WWE TV in the mid-2000s it would of been a big deal. No one would of cared, just like no one cares about Shane McMahon here in 2024.
It's not like that at all FFS. The son of the man who made the WWE into what it is today showing up in AEW is definitely a big deal. Not to mention his sister and brother in law currently run WWE. I said it won't help AEW but it's definitely a big deal even if only for the night he shows up. Let's be honest though you'll complain about AEW no matter what they do.

Reactions: Fro

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's not like that at all FFS. The son of the man who made the WWE into what it is today showing up in AEW is definitely a big deal. Not to mention his sister and brother in law currently run WWE. I said it won't help AEW but it's definitely a big deal even if only for the night he shows up. Let's be honest though you'll complain about AEW no matter what they do.

Well I thought I was trashing Shane McMahon a lot more than AEW (who hasn't even signed him yet).

But if we are talking AEW, I've said before that AEW needs to act like WWE doesn't exist. There is no "war" between the two companies. The only war between AEW and WWE is between Tony Khan's two ears.

At least they had enough sense to let the Hardys and Mark Henry go. Once they turf the rest of the Attitude Era has-beens the product should improve. And this is coming from someone who loved the Attitude Era, but man it's 25 years ago. The wrestling world needs to move on.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Well I thought I was trashing Shane McMahon a lot more than AEW (who hasn't even signed him yet).

But if we are talking AEW, I've said before that AEW needs to act like WWE doesn't exist. There is no "war" between the two companies. The only war between AEW and WWE is between Tony Khan's two ears.

At least they had enough sense to let the Hardys and Mark Henry go. Once they turf the rest of the Attitude Era has-beens the product should improve. And this is coming from someone who loved the Attitude Era, but man it's 25 years ago. The wrestling world needs to move on.
I certainly don't disagree with any of this.
It is a huge deal, but it would still be super dumb.
My thoughts exactly. I don't want it to happen and it won't move the needle for them but it's definitely a big deal.

Reactions: BruinDust

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's

Idk why you're lumping in some of the people you have with the "attitude era has-beens." Guys like Christian, Copeland, and Jericho (although less so in the last year) have all been tremendous in AEW and have been extremely entertaining. Tazz is great on commentary, Billy Gunn propelled the Acclaimed, and Dustin wrestling lower card matches once in a while as he winds down his career hurts nobody. JR is barely on the show anymore and Big Show hasn't done anything worthy on TV (but who knows what he does backstage).

Old doesn't automatically equal bad.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Idk why you're lumping in some of the people you have with the "attitude era has-beens." Guys like Christian, Copeland, and Jericho (although less so in the last year) have all been tremendous in AEW and have been extremely entertaining. Tazz is great on commentary, Billy Gunn propelled the Acclaimed, and Dustin wrestling lower card matches once in a while as he winds down his career hurts nobody. JR is barely on the show anymore and Big Show hasn't done anything worthy on TV (but who knows what he does backstage).

Old doesn't automatically equal bad.

Jericho served his purpose in the first couple years. Felt he brought value. And is Christian's father gimmick entertaining. Yes it is.

But at the end of the day, AEW has to become it's own thing if it ever wants to get beyond the 800-900 viewers they get each week.

When the WWE has it's exponential growth in the late 1990s/early 2000s, did they bring in a bunch of legends from the late 70s to work with their younger talent? They used the TV time to develop their own stars. Even losing Bret and Shawn in late '97/early '98 created an opportunity to elevate other guys and the business grew on a huge scale. For new or casual fans, having a bunch of guys in their 50s who were at their height 20+ years ago on their weekly TV looks pathetic.

Then factor in they aren't even AEW stars from 20 years ago, but they made their name in a different promotion, a promotion that Tony Khan likes to take shots at whenever he can. At least if they were homegrown legends you could understand, but they made their name working somewhere else a lifetime ago.

I'm sure Copeland/Christian/Jericho are having the time of their lives. Paid a bounty, can do pretty much whatever they want, I don't blame them for taking the money.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I was waiting to see if reasonably priced first or maybe second row ringside tickets appeared for Wednesday’s Dynamite & Collision double taping. Today the arena sent a special offer for $27 including fees in the stands one section from being centre to the ring so I purchased those. It’s going to be a long night but should be fun. This will be AEW event 10 for me and they have all been enjoyable.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Smackdown in Chicago this week so AEW is less than two weeks later.

Maybe they need more storylines to retain viewers or maybe they peaked and now the only question is where they will find a solid base of consistent viewership. AEW has more wrestling on each show compared to WWE on their shows and on average probably better wrestling than WWE but clearly wrestling doesn't equate to viewers. (the percentage of wrestling during AEW programming is more often than not higher than the percentage of wrestling on WWE programming when considering total match time versus total broadcast time)

They need to use the same wrestlers every week. I liked the continental classic because you actually saw the same guys for like 6 weeks in a row. A guy like Briscoe, people like him including kids, he can take losses, just make him do something every week. He didn't have a Dynamite match for 6 months in between continental classic and recent appearances, nor did Rush, Kingston hasn't had one since losing to Okada. In April/May Romero had 2 Dynamite singles matches neither of which were related to Trent's heel turn and a Battle of the Belt match. He should have had exactly 1 Dynamite singles match this year, getting blasted by Trent, otherwise to Rampage my dude. Just have a clear set of midcarders that rotate matches with each other every week and they'll get over more. Claudio vs Pac doesn't have to be main event of Dynamite, there is enough talent that there can be matches like that between two quality but not main event material guys every week just in the first half of the show.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Honestly why I thought the soft brand spilt between Dynamite and Collision made sense as it would make it easier to know who was going to show up on any given night.

Also ROH needs to be 100% it's own separate thing.

I loved the soft brand split even if it was on the back of an unstable LR.

Certain group of top guys on each show with some guys who can do either show (Darby). Have them cross once in a while for fun and have the world champ on an equal amount of both shows and boom, I think you gotta fun couple of shows going.

I've said it a thousand times, but making ROH their version of NXT would be best.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think there’s a huge risk in Shane turning off anti-WWE watchers. It would reek of Bischoff turning up in TNA. It’s hard to claim that you’re different when you’re hiring actual McMahons. It would play into Vince Russo’s original conspiracy theory that the very existence of AEW is a work.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
This might be the worst collision episode I’ve seen yet. Absolutely zero story. Totally random matches with no build. Total throwaway show, and I’d be mad if I paid to attend this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The nature of Forbidden Door is that it’s even more people you have to get on TV, and now they’re gonna do a god damn Jericho Tree match that’s a waste for everyone.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I know my short term memory is fading but have we seen Adam Cole since Double or Nothing? Even if he was on TV once he has seemingly disappeared. Maybe he or the Undisputed Kingdom cause MJF to lose at Forbidden Door setting up a match at Wembley.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Jarrett segment was one of the single best things you will ever see on a wrestling show. The only negative is that after that how can you not have him either win or at least go to the final? I have a feeling the wild card is going to be an existing megaheel or someone they are going to turn which is how they are going to get out of it.

Reactions: SnS and yahhockey

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Jarrett segment was one of the single best things you will ever see on a wrestling show. The only negative is that after that how can you not have him either win or at least go to the final? I have a feeling the wild card is going to be an existing megaheel or someone they are going to turn which is how they are going to get out of it.
After this promo ( uncut version ) you have to wonder if Jarrett will be turning face soon ????

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad