AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from today's pwinsider.com:

AEW Champion CM Punk and The Young Bucks will not be appearing at tonight's AEW Dynamite. As AEW investigates the fight that took place after the All Out PPV, pretty much anyone and everyone who entered CM Punk's locker room that evening during the fracas will be kept at home while the company sorts out the issue. The belief is the company has a third party handling the investigation. There's lots of rumors of people being fired/suspended/titles stripped, etc. but we are told no final decisions have been made as of this morning, yet.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Hope Black sorts his stuff out and gets well
this is addition by subtraction. TV time better used elsewhere.

Won't be upset if Andrade is next. Will be upset if Miro is next tho he can still be a major player.

Reactions: yahhockey

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A lot of Assholes exist in the world, they suck but you just deal with them until they do something that you can fire them for. I do not think that tirade was worthy of termination. If he was an EVP it would be worthy of stripping him of that role, but he’s not.
Bah gawd, it's Asshole Elite Wrestling?!

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Miro won't leave. He just signed a fat contract extension and is being booked how he's supposed to be. By all accounts he's happy and in theory he stands to gain from this since departures means he moves up the card.

I also don't think Black asking for his release is a ploy to jump ship either. He was very candid about the back injury he's been dealing with and it sounds like absolute hell. I have to imagine considering how it nearly put him into retirement, there's probably great deal of weight on him to feel like he can still perform at the level he wants with such.

The way it was worded is conditional release = paid sabbatical. Give the man time to heal and put himself back together.

Reactions: Doublechin and CDJ

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
The only way out of this for Punk/AEW is to full on turn him heel. That is if they can work through this. You can't have him openly being an unrelenting douchebag, not even behind the scenes at this point and have him keep coming out cutting pure baby face promos. If he doesn't quit/get fired he needs to fully go heel. There is no other way.
Him being an unrelenting douchebag is what turned him face in WWE in 2011. Pretty sure that's actually what people want out of him:laugh:

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Him being an unrelenting douchebag is what turned him face in WWE in 2011. Pretty sure that's actually what people want out of him:laugh:
He was an asshole, but he was right about the climate of the company at the time and that resonated with a lot internet fans. The issue is that he clearly became what he hated, a politician. After this, I don't see how he gets cheered over guys like MJF and Mox. Leaning into it what he should do.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He was an asshole, but he was right about the climate of the company at the time and that resonated with a lot internet fans. The issue is that he clearly became what he hated, a politician. After this, I don't see how he gets cheered over guys like MJF and Mox. Leaning into it what he should do.
Well, maybe he is right about the Elite too. He is just saying it the wrong way.

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Well, maybe he is right about the Elite too. He is just saying it the wrong way.
It is easier to get cheers when you are shitting on a billion dollar company rather then other wrestlers you got your panties in a wad over. He might have legit gripes with the Bucks over leaking stuff(Though literally every dirtsheet is saying they haven't gotten info on this from them who tf knows). But his stuff with Hangman is just being a petty little bitch. So yeah people hated WWE as well so they cheered him. People actually like Hangman so he comes off as a grumpy old guy yelling because the younger wrestler has the audacity to not blindly take his advice.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Excusing the backstage drama for a minute. I watched All Out last night and it was pretty meh.

My favorite matches were The Elite vs. Dark Order and the tag title match. I skipped the Women's matches and dozed off during the Miro/Sting/Darby vs. HoB.

I wonder if MJF is leading that Stokely stable or if he just "hired" them?

Reactions: Troublesome 85

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
i am guessing on dynamite tonight they will hide all the drama that happened and not even mention anything about it unless mjf does in a promo

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Excusing the backstage drama for a minute. I watched All Out last night and it was pretty meh.

My favorite matches were The Elite vs. Dark Order and the tag title match. I skipped the Women's matches and dozed off during the Miro/Sting/Darby vs. HoB.

I wonder if MJF is leading that Stokely stable or if he just "hired" them?
Page and Morrisey only dudes worthwhile in it. All Out was meh but was better than summerslam. Probably will be better than this castle shit imma watch

Reactions: Doublechin

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It is easier to get cheers when you are shitting on a billion dollar company rather then other wrestlers you got your panties in a wad over. He might have legit gripes with the Bucks over leaking stuff(Though literally every dirtsheet is saying they haven't gotten info on this from them who tf knows). But his stuff with Hangman is just being a petty little bitch. So yeah people hated WWE as well so they cheered him. People actually like Hangman so he comes off as a grumpy old guy yelling because the younger wrestler has the audacity to not blindly take his advice.
Yeah the Elite and Punk are polarizing figures in their own ways so I'm not exactly surprised they're clashing, but the Hangman stuff is absurd. He said a line Punk wasn't happy with, whatever, Punk got his receipt a couple months after and was way more damaging than what Hangman did. I don't see the reason why Punk had to bring him up again at the press conference other than his inability to get over a settled grudge.

Punk always had aspirations of being a locker room leader, but was pretty much disregarded by guys like Jericho and Booker when he tried to be one in WWE. Airing out his dirty laundry in a post-show conference for everyone to see pretty much ensures nobody is ever going to take him seriously as a leader. There really isn't any turning back from doing something that damaging. I get it, he was probably hurt, tired, and had suspicions (with zero proof) that some people were leaking shit through dirtsheets, but that's such an amateurish way of going about it.

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I didn't watch any of the media scrum stuff, but isn't TK usually sitting there with the wrestlers? Why did he not stop Punk or calm him down or whatever when he was ranting and raving? If this is real, and I have a lot of doubt it is, TK could have nipped it in the bud from the start, by actually being a boss for once and not a buddy

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
A6F7F7D8-63D9-43CB-9DEE-FE833D1E850B.jpeg

Reactions: Doublechin

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Politics implies politicking behind peoples' backs ie: what the Bucks did re: the Cabana situation. Punk is a lot of things, but confronting people out in the open is not politicking.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only way out of this for Punk/AEW is to full on turn him heel. That is if they can work through this. You can't have him openly being an unrelenting douchebag, not even behind the scenes at this point and have him keep coming out cutting pure baby face promos. If he doesn't quit/get fired he needs to fully go heel. There is no other way.
I think that was coming anyways.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I didn't watch any of the media scrum stuff, but isn't TK usually sitting there with the wrestlers? Why did he not stop Punk or calm him down or whatever when he was ranting and raving? If this is real, and I have a lot of doubt it is, TK could have nipped it in the bud from the start, by actually being a boss for once and not a buddy
I think that's a double-edged sword and it's not really an easy decision to make during the moment. If he interrupts a hot-headed Punk and they get into a shouting match in front of the cameras (with the brand new champion and face of the company), is that really a better look for the company? Who knows...

I think a lot of this is due to Khan's own doing and not leaning to the veterans he has in his company (such as Regal), but during the press conference I'm not sure what he could have done differently other than cut the whole thing off.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think that's a double-edged sword and it's not really an easy decision to make during the moment. If he interrupts a hot-headed Punk and they get into a shouting match in front of the cameras (with the brand new champion and face of the company), is that really a better look for the company? Who knows...

I think a lot of this is due to Khan's own doing and not leaning to the veterans he has in his company (such as Regal), but during the press conference I'm not sure what he could have done differently other than cut the whole thing off.
If you believe Punk, it sounds like they do lean on those veterans, but the younger talent just aren’t very receptive to them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Punk literally was cranky that Page said he wouldn't go to him specifically for advice. He doesn't give a rats ass if Page ignores Sting or Mark Henry.

Its always about him. He is the Poochy of the wrestling world. King of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad