AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wardlow has not been the same since because they booked him like shit. Nothing to do with MJF.
Wardlow was the first guy MJF had to put over clean, beyond that got stretchered out of the building and threw his own fit before it and got everyone talking about him instead. On Wednesday he was no-selling. That’s not how it’s supposed to work. They built that for 2 years, and he made sure he was the one who got over. That’s straight out of the mid-90’s ‘creative control’ shit

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
That kind of injury might give them an out for awhile. Punk might not want an out, though. That said, he's only been there a year. Probably still millions on the table.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The injury might buy Tony some time to see if things cool down in the dressing room before making an impulsive decision on Punk, but that's a lot easier said than done. There's also the possibility that Punk threatens to walk if Ace Steele is fired. I'm not sure how Tony responds to that HBK shit.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Wardlow was the first guy MJF had to put over clean, beyond that got stretchered out of the building and threw his own fit before it and got everyone talking about him instead. On Wednesday he was no-selling. That’s not how it’s supposed to work. They built that for 2 years, and he made sure he was the one who got over. That’s straight out of the mid-90’s ‘creative control’ shit
They booked Wardlow against f***ing security guards.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They booked Wardlow against f***ing security guards.
That's usually a good way to warm up a monster. Especially after the guy he got his big win over, that they built for 2 years, managed to get himself more over. He got his own mic time instead to no-sell the angle. So they went back and did monster booking 101 and crushed a bunch of geeks with his finisher and showed off his power.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That's usually a good way to warm up a monster. Especially after the guy he got his big win over, that they built for 2 years, managed to get himself more over. He got his own mic time instead to no-sell the angle. So they went back and did monster booking 101 and crushed a bunch of geeks with his finisher and showed off his power.
Tony booked that promo. I really do not get your argument. He did not have to give MJF a live mic, he could just have disappeared the way he did without the promo. Heck, it would actually have made more sense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tony booked that promo. I really do not get your argument. He did not have to give MJF a live mic, he could just have disappeared the way he did without the promo. Heck, it would actually have made more sense.
That was their first show in Los Angeles, I'd bet he was promoted for the show and Tony doesn't false advertise. So, assuming MJF was showing up, he felt had to put him on the show. Of course, he didn't *have to* but that's not the formula he follows, unless things are out of his control.

Wardlow has beaten Jay Lethal and Orange Cassady too, it's not like they are pushed as geeks. He hasn't been booked improperly, he just hasn't been as over. Now they're trying to link him with FTR to get him the rub from the hotter act.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Easy way to book this: tournament to crown new champion.

Out of the box suggestion I saw on Reddit: have MJF cash in the chip on Punk. Punk is medically unfit to wrestle which leads MJF to demand his forfeit. AEW rejects it and it leads to MJF throwing a massive bitch fit, threatening to make it a legal matter and/or threatens to leave again.

MJF is getting is ducks in a row in the meantime, tournament commences with Hangman winning it with MJF also revealing his legal challenge was successful. Hangman has belt taken away and MJF is crowned world champion in a sleazy, dirty, most MJF way possible. Hangman v MJF while you figure out the rest down the road.

Alternatively: someone makes the concession that MJF is allowed to enter the tournament on the condition he doesn't pull any bullshit with the chip but does it anyway after he's knocked out early.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Khan should announce the suspensions, than cut a Bischoff promo, have Punk come out, and have them embrace, just for people to lose their shit (I know Punk's not there, I'm riffing on this silliness).

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Easy way to book this: tournament to crown new champion.

Out of the box suggestion I saw on Reddit: have MJF cash in the chip on Punk. Punk is medically unfit to wrestle which leads MJF to demand his forfeit. AEW rejects it and it leads to MJF throwing a massive bitch fit, threatening to make it a legal matter and/or threatens to leave again.

MJF is getting is ducks in a row in the meantime, tournament commences with Hangman winning it with MJF also revealing his legal challenge was successful. Hangman has belt taken away and MJF is crowned world champion in a sleazy, dirty, most MJF way possible. Hangman v MJF while you figure out the rest down the road.
The chip is not a money in the bank. I know people speculated that, but that's not how that's ever been written. In kayfabe, there's still a contract to be signed.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If this turns out to be one giant work, I'm taking the car train to Florida, staying with my aunt, (who drives me up the wall), stay in Jacksonville till Tony comes back and kick him in the balls. {or drive the 2 hrs to Buffalo and punch him in the face, LOL]

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If this turns out to be one giant work, I'm taking the car train to Florida, staying with my aunt, (who drives me up the wall), stay in Jacksonville till Tony comes back and kick him in the balls. {or drive the 2 hrs to Buffalo and punch him in the face, LOL]
It’s not a work.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I imagine Punk needing surgery puts him out anywhere from like 3-6 months minimum. Khan will likely use that time to try and smooth over what anger there might be without actually needing to be fire anyone.

In the real world, generally the right thing to do and the thing that makes you money aren't one in the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad