AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If you believe Punk, it sounds like they do lean on those veterans, but the younger talent just aren’t very receptive to them.
I'm referring more to leadership in the dressing room and keeping order so stuff like Sunday night doesn't happen, not necessarily in the ring. Tony should really put guys like Regal and Mark Henry in executive positions backstage. Not even Vince put all these responsibilities on himself.

Punk was mainly pissed at Page saying he did not really need advice.
Hangman took advice from Arn though. If we're going to believe the dirtsheets, Arn told him he was being too stiff and he modified that. Also, the clip of Hangman saying that quote isn't nearly as ignorant as the written quote makes it out to be.

Reactions: Doublechin

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Punk thinks he's the end all be all of wisdom yet he shares a workspace with Arn Anderson, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard among others.

You're like the last person on the list i'd be going to for advice, bud.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Punk, being so receptive to veteran advice back in the day...

This whole thing is ridiculous, and people are free to have their favourites, but the blame begins with Tony Khan and anyone in power there who thinks it's a club, and not a company.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Punk thinks he's the end all be all of wisdom yet he shares a workspace with Arn Anderson, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard among others.

You're like the last person on the list i'd be going to for advice, bud.
He specifically mentioned Terry Funk as someone they don’t listen to, I believe.

Only Funk can answer that though.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I honestly dont see legitimate young talent ignoring vets. Maybe Punk is the only one being ignored but is making out to be everyone is being ignored. Unless I missed something in reports.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I honestly dont see legitimate young talent ignoring vets. Maybe Punk is the only one being ignored but is making out to be everyone is being ignored. Unless I missed something in reports.
Page had an interview in which he said he was not particularly seeking advice. I think that is what Punk was referencing.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Punk literally was cranky that Page said he wouldn't go to him specifically for advice. He doesn't give a rats ass if Page ignores Sting or Mark Henry.

Its always about him. He is the Poochy of the wrestling world. King of Grievances
What? That's misrepresenting what he said. He specifically mentioned Terry Funk (as an example), Mark Henry, Dean Malenko, etc. during his comments when he was shitting on Hangman not taking advice.

The implication was that hangman doesn't respect the business and what came before. This is based on an interview where Page said he doesn't take advice from veterans.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Post Wrestling noted that the week after dropping the title, they did a battle royal for #1 contender (which led to the Kyle O’Reilly match with Mox) that Hangman Page wasn’t in and then cut a promo and mentioned that he wasn’t getting a title shot anytime soon. People were confused at his booking at that point.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sounds like Punk was seriously injured in the match. Title has to be coming off and fully off no interm BS have to fully move the title scene away from Punk.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not so sure MJF was/is winning.

If everyone’s supposed to pay the piper here, unless he was suspended too, he’s still got his own receipt coming.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I’m not so sure MJF was/is winning.

If everyone’s supposed to pay the piper here, unless he was suspended too, he’s still got his own receipt coming.
For what exactly?
>"threatens to walk out at DoN"
>after DoN
>is given a live mic on national tv and the green light to use extreme profanity at the huge LA Spectrum Show
>gets time off when AEW doesn't need him because it was when they were booking NJPW workrate stuff and it was a good time for MJF to take his first break
>Comes back and is made immediate number 1 contender
>Wins in the opening match of the biggest show of the year
>Comes out in the post match of the main event of the biggest show of the year to set up a title match
>Is presented as as big a star as ever

do you really believe it?
I think it's pretty clear at this stage it was a story from start to finish

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What? That's misrepresenting what he said. He specifically mentioned Terry Funk (as an example), Mark Henry, Dean Malenko, etc. during his comments when he was shitting on Hangman not taking advice.

The implication was that hangman doesn't respect the business and what came before. This is based on an interview where Page said he doesn't take advice from veterans.

Page was never asked about any of those guys. Page was asked if he would seek out Punk and Sting, he said if he felt he needed to but he prefers to learn through trial and error.

This is and always has been about Punk's massive ego

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For what exactly?
>"threatens to walk out at DoN"
>after DoN
>is given a live mic on national tv and the green light to use extreme profanity at the huge LA Spectrum Show
>gets time off when AEW doesn't need him because it was when they were booking NJPW workrate stuff and it was a good time for MJF to take his first break
>Comes back and is made immediate number 1 contender
>Wins in the opening match of the biggest show of the year
>Comes out in the post match of the main event of the biggest show of the year to set up a title match
>Is presented as as big a star as ever

do you really believe it?
I think it's pretty clear at this stage it was a story from start to finish
It was a work from the promo, onward. He threatened to walk out and no-showed another event. After the first million dollar gate in company history, everyone is talking about him instead. Not the guy he jobbed to. Wardlow hasn’t been the same since, even though he was supposed to be a made man, and has made it known publicly. Kinda laid a precedent for top stars to strong-arm Tony given how evident that was on Sunday.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It was a work from the promo, onward. He threatened to walk out and no-showed another event. After the first million dollar gate in company history, everyone is talking about him instead. Not the guy he jobbed to. Wardlow hasn’t been the same since, even though he was supposed to be a made man, and has made it known publicly. Kinda laid a precedent for top stars to strong-arm Tony given how evident that was on Sunday.
Wardlow has not been the same since because they booked him like shit. Nothing to do with MJF.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad