AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I think my feed got screwed up and Dark or Dark Elevation is on, or did they really put QT and his gang of losers on national tv?
They get put on Rampage a lot too. The whole group should be cut or strictly on Dark. QT being a producer is probably why they get on tv so much.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
what a dumb ending this title reign truly is gonna be the worse one yet in aew.. smh... mjf good on mic but below average as a in ring wrestler.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
He is a chickenshit heel.

He shined Starks, made him look good and eventually won by cheating. It was a fine match that accomplished what it had to do.
it was a terrible match and did nothing for me lol.. the dude sucks in the ring. you mjf fan boys are hilarious. the only good thing about it is danielson will force him into a good match/feud and thats just because its bryan danielson nothing to do with mjf.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Good show. Really enjoyed the Jericho match. They nailed the booking on that one.

Main event was better than I expected. Starks isn’t quite strong enough for the awkward angle deadlift counters, but they hit the spots. I don’t think MJF is all that good in the ring but he worked clean here. Not sure how much was the work of Starks though. Nothing flashy, just a solid match.

Not sure how i feel about yet another big/title match ending with bullshit, but it fits the gimmick of MJF i suppose.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He isn't though. He just doesn't wrestle much. Go watch his match with Darby and tell me he is average or is bad in the ring.
He is "average" if you are looking for a spectacle.

He is great at traditional pro wrestling. He has classic main event matches.

However, he is not in the Kenny Omega/Seth Rollins tier of "wowing" you.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
He isn't though. He just doesn't wrestle much. Go watch his match with Darby and tell me he is average or is bad in the ring.
That’s literally all he is. Legit good wrestlers have good matches with anybody, they don’t always have to be the second best wrestler in the match for it to be great.

And it has nothing to do with looking for ”spectacles”, take Austin Aries for example, his style always was about as traditional as it gets, hell even his moveset was pretty damn traditional (minus the 450splash he rarely ever used) but he put on a great match with anyone.

That’s a great wrestler, MJF ain’t that.

Reactions: hockey20000

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That’s literally all he is. Legit good wrestlers have good matches with anybody, they don’t always have to be the second best wrestler in the match for it to be great.

And it has nothing to do with looking for ”spectacles”, take Austin Aries for example, his style always was about as traditional as it gets, hell even his moveset was pretty damn traditional (minus the 450splash he rarely ever used) but he put on a great match with anyone.

That’s a great wrestler, MJF ain’t that.
If being great is about moves, than yeah, MJF is not "great".

But if it is about telling a story and having matches that make sense, MJF is among the best. That's why he is in the main events and Austin Aries is wherever he is.

Of course, you can have both. When you do, you have Bret Hart or Bryan Danielson (or even Dax Harwood). So, yeah, if that is your basis of comparaison, MJF is not a great "wrestler".

Reactions: CDJ

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
If being great is about moves, than yeah, MJF is not "great".

But if it is about telling a story and having matches that make sense, MJF is among the best. That's why he is in the main events and Austin Aries is wherever he is.

Of course, you can have both. When you do, you have Bret Hart or Bryan Danielson. So, yeah, if that is your basis of comparaison, MJF is not a great "wrestler".
Either you have no idea who Austin Aries even is, or you’re just way too much of a MJF fanboy lol

MJF is where he is mostly because of his promos, everything about his ring work is bare average at best.

Reactions: hockey20000

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I know who Austin Aries is. Do you consider him to be a main-event caliber wrestler?
Well you started talking about moves like that was what made Aries great, when he was literally known as one of the best storytellers in wrestling and only thing people criticized about him was his moveset. He was a main event wrestler in multiple organizations, so obviously yes.

Basically was exactly what MJF is now in terms of ”living the gimmick”, but much better in everything that happened inside the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad