AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The booking of FTR keeps getting worse. They should be Champs and not lose match after match.
They should not be the champs over the Acclaimed right now and I do not see a single argument that supports why they should be the champs over them right now. Them losing is obviously an angle, everytime they try and do a high flying thing they end up losing. Constant from their time in AEW.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They should not be the champs over the Acclaimed right now and I do not see a single argument that supports why they should be the champs over them right now. Them losing is obviously an angle, everytime they try and do a high flying thing they end up losing. Constant from their time in AEW.
That's a subtle thing, but that's the thing. RIGHT NOW, you are right. The Acclaim caught fire and had to be elevated.

6 months ago, when they were white hot and the Bucks were the champs, that should have been the match and they should have defeated the Bucks to get all the belts. Instead they went with the stupid trio thing.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
That's a subtle thing, but that's the thing. RIGHT NOW, you are right. The Acclaim caught fire and had to be elevated.

6 months ago, when they were white hot and the Bucks were the champs, that should have been the match and they should have defeated the Bucks to get all the belts. Instead they went with the stupid trio thing.
Yeah I mean I don't think there is any arguing they missed a pretty big opportunity last spring. Not exactly much they can do about it now though. Down the road maybe you have them take the belts off The Acclaimed but atleast they are regularly being featured lately and obviously are about to have a big match at Wrestle Kingdom. I don't think things are as bad off for FTR as people make them out to be.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
decent show ricky starks looks and sounds like a star find him much more entertaining then the 4 pillars aew loves to brag about in mjf jungle boy darby and sammy.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
decent show ricky starks looks and sounds like a star find him much more entertaining then the 4 pillars aew loves to brag about in mjf jungle boy darby and sammy.
Starks is a star in the making if they handle it right. The way they pivoted him from MJF into Jericho was well done.

Now, he has to win the feud against Jericho convincingly. I firmly think he can be the guy that finally takes down MJF after a long chase. People love him and he is being a great babyface so far. We also know that he can turn back heel at some point and be great at it.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think Jericho is heading towards a long losing streak and the JAS is going to start to lose confidence in him as he always loses. I think this will eventually get Daniel Garcia to break free on his own.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Starks is a star in the making if they handle it right. The way they pivoted him from MJF into Jericho was well done.

Now, he has to win the feud against Jericho convincingly. I firmly think he can be the guy that finally takes down MJF after a long chase. People love him and he is being a great babyface so far. We also know that he can turn back heel at some point and be great at it.
Yeah I think they have set it up well with Jericho losing to the jobber last week, have Starks cleanly win this feud and you can roll that into a "Jericho is washed up" narrative for the JAS.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Oh great another stable...and with more jobbers to boot. I do not care about Parker Boudreau and whoever that Tom MacDonald looking guy was.

The booking of FTR keeps getting worse. They should be Champs and not lose match after match.

These loses are just setting up an excuse for when they lose the IWGP belts at Wrestle Kingdom. "They're in a slump"

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Trying to create a FTR redemption story for them to win the titles at Double or Nothing or All Out? Could the losses lead to frustration and a heel turn? Thus creating a face vs heel title match, not that every match needs to go that way but this is the world of professional wrestling. I suppose if they are heels then it's not really a redemption story, well maybe it is but not one fans are supposed to be cheering for.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Like the face tat guy

Also Ricky is the guy who should beat MJF for the belt in a year

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Like the face tat guy

Also Ricky is the guy who should beat MJF for the belt in a year
I was just gonna say everybody needs to pump the brakes on Starks beating MJF for the title - because Starks is a year out. If MJF stays hot as the champ for that long then i would love to see it happen though

Reactions: CDJ

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Oh great another stable...and with more jobbers to boot. I do not care about Parker Boudreau and whoever that Tom MacDonald looking guy was.

These loses are just setting up an excuse for when they lose the IWGP belts at Wrestle Kingdom. "They're in a slump"

I don't get why they continually bring in wrestlers who either only got as far as developmental (NXT) or only got a cup of coffee on the WWE main roster.

Reactions: yahhockey

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I don't get why they continually bring in wrestlers who either only got as far as developmental (NXT) or only got a cup of coffee on the WWE main roster.

I'm not so much concerned about where they came from than I do about what their contribution will be to an already bloated roster. At some point it's about the money no matter how much backing you have however more importantly it can't be good for locker room morale if you keep adding people to the battle for screen time. They could have a brand split and add an hour to Rampage. Through that lens it all makes sense. Lol

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Mogul-Affiliates-Swerve-Strickland-Parker-Boudreaux-Rick-Ross-Granden-Goetzman.jpg

His name is Granden Goetzman and he bounced around the minor leagues in baseball for about 10 years. He was actually a 2nd round draft pick ( 75th overall ) by Tampa Bay in the 2011 MLB Draft.

He has been training with Jay Lethal for about 18 months before making his AEW debut. They haven't announced his wrestling name yet but it's pretty safe to say that he won't be using his real name in the wrestling world. :nod:

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Swerve’s a guy that I like having seedy looking henchmen
I agree but kind of wish they didn't look like Aryan Brotherhood members. Boudreaux actually looks like a cross between a biker and a boy band member. They might work out though.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I agree but kind of wish they didn't look like Aryan Brotherhood members. Boudreaux actually looks like a cross between a biker and a boy band member. They might work out though.
If they weren’t paired with swerve it wouldn’t work for the reason you outlined lol

With Swerve he’s more Stitches than Nazi fortunately

Reactions: DaaaaB's

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not so much concerned about where they came from than I do about what their contribution will be to an already bloated roster. At some point it's about the money no matter how much backing you have however more importantly it can't be good for locker room morale if you keep adding people to the battle for screen time. They could have a brand split and add an hour to Rampage. Through that lens it all makes sense. Lol

Good point about locker room morale. Can't be good. Khan operates AEW like he's buying lottery tickets. The bigger the roster is, the more likely he think's he will find that true breakout superstar.

Part of my point about the NXT signings is for the most part (there are exceptions) these wrestlers are too green to even be on television. WWE wastes two hours of prime time TV every week on shitty inexperienced green wrestlers. Yet Kahn scoops them up left right and center. And none of them are working for free so there is the financial investment. It's like the complete reverse opposite of how to run a fledging business venture like AEW.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I understand being frustrated with FTR being under utilized, but it’s the whole tag Team division that’s been practically wrecked. A year or so back they had FTR, The Bucks, the Death Triangle guys, The Acclaimed, The Gunns, Santana and Ortiz and more they could have really run with. Instead they did shitty booking, did the trios garbage which they don’t have the depth to support and which holds guys like Omega and especially Pac back, did shitty booking, suffered some injuries and did more shitty booking. AEW had the best tag team roster of any promotion that I can think of in terms of depth, talent in their prime and up and coming talent and they completely squandered it.

Starks is doing well and has improved. Potential AEW star, but speaking of the four pillars I think you have a cautionary tale. A lot of talent with them, but they’ve largely regressed (MJF excluded) thanks to how they’ve been booked.

I think Jericho is heading towards a long losing streak and the JAS is going to start to lose confidence in him as he always loses. I think this will eventually get Daniel Garcia to break free on his own.

Isn’t he on a losing streak? Either way, it’ll be interesting to see how Cornette tries to spin that.

Swerve’s a guy that I like having seedy looking henchmen

Swerve’s a guy who can be a fantastic heel without henchmen that will probably unnecessarily bloat AEW’s roster.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Dax had a good rapport with Punk so this is viewed from his eyes but he said a few tidbits today.

When asked if he got the feeling that Punk was starting to become bitter towards AEW or the EVPs heading into All Out, Dax replied, "No, not at all. Punk was still so joyous and happy to be in the wrestling business. To be honest, he told me, when they were going to put the belt on him, that he didn't want the belt. He said, 'I just want to have fun,' but he understood that Tony putting the belt on him would put AEW in a better light. He took it, begrudgingly a little bit, but he took the belt. At the time, he was taking me, Cash, Max [MJF], Wardlow, Hobbs, I'm missing so many guys, he was taking us out to eat, always paying for it. He bought all the girls in the locker room Starbucks gift cards and had one of the girls hand them out, anonymously, and didn't say who they were from, but it was from him, just because he loved the atmosphere and loved being there. He also loved the work the girls were putting in. He thought they were busting their ass to try and get the attention that WWE's women's division was getting."

Asked if we would see Punk back in AEW, Harwood said, "I can tell you what I hope, because I don't know. Everyone knows about the legalities of the situation and no one is really expressing what is going to happen, what has happened, and what won't happen. I can tell you, all I can be truthful about, I can only tell you what I know and what I perceive to know, I hope that he comes back. I feel that AEW should have the Young Bucks in their locker room. AEW should have Kenny Omega in the locker room. I know that I feel AEW should have CM Punk in the locker room. With those four entities, it makes our talent roster so much deeper and better. It's four guys who want to be the best. Regardless of what any of us think personally, I know that we all want to be the best and I know we all want the best for professional wrestling. It's given us a life that we could never have otherwise."

Dax spoke about how much pro wrestling has given all four of them, and their families, and how much they all love the business.

He closed by saying, "This is my plea to all four guys. Please find a way to make it work. If we can make it work, we can set up the future of professional wrestling for a long time and we can change the course of professional wrestling for a very long time. When you think about it, unselfishly, we're doing this for 20-30 years down the road so guys and girls can make a living."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad