AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Loving this from Ricky Starks! Glad he’s getting some spot light and showing what he can do. He’s going to lose to MJF but I hope they give him a good run after that.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Damn, Ricky Starks is killing it

Ricky had some great dialogue, though I’m not entirely thrilled with the delivery, the best bits I’ve either already used in a wrestling draft almost two years ago. Then you have MJF‘s go at Starks with the Rock comparison which I’ve floated too.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just watching now. I love the decision to let Starks get more mic time than MJF. He earned some shine and made the best of his moment here with this promo. Stumbled over a few words but he was animated and just kept going. It felt natural. The battle royal and the promo could have ended the show and it would’ve felt like we were heading into a legitimate ppv.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Yup, one of the best promos in AEW history
Agreed. It was on par with Cody Rhodes' promo in the early days of Dynamite where he said if he didn't win the AEW world title, he'd never challenge for it again.

Who’s coming out to challenge Moxley? Hangman?
Since Rampage still hasn't aired yet, I won't spoil it...save for this hint: We HAVE seen him before in AEW. Earlier this year, in fact.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Since Rampage still hasn't aired yet, I won't spoil it...save for this hint: We HAVE seen him before in AEW. Earlier this year, in fact.
What is there to spoil? It's the literal background when you go to the AEW website.

1670603394548.png

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Dave Meltzer on Creative having nothing for Miro: “That was completely untrue. There was a creative idea for him. He didn't want it They moved on until after the PPV. They are talking new ideas right now.”

Meltzer mentions something around the idea being like a better version of the push Ethan Page got around the Title shot tournament to put Starks over.

If they wanted to just use Miro, why not have some program with Kip Sabian trying to settle the score for Miro breaking his arm? Or maybe that was part of the idea Miro rejected...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave Meltzer on Creative having nothing for Miro: “That was completely untrue. There was a creative idea for him. He didn't want it They moved on until after the PPV. They are talking new ideas right now.”

Meltzer mentions something around the idea being like a better version of the push Ethan Page got around the Title shot tournament to put Starks over.

If they wanted to just use Miro, why not have some program with Kip Sabian trying to settle the score for Miro breaking his arm? Or maybe that was part of the idea Miro rejected...
As it’s reported, I guess any speculation of ideas boils down to whether or not Miro likes it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad