AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah no I disagree with you....comparing Hangman with R-Truth is still absolutely f***ing dumb. If the difference between the two isn't blatantly obvious to you I am not going to go back and forth with you on it all day.
just because you hate the (r)truth doesn’t make it dumb, good talk

There’s literally zero difference. RTruth wasn’t a comedy gimmick at the time. They’re either both headliners or not. H8 2 break it 2 u

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
just because you hate it doesn’t make it dumb, good talk
It is dumb because it makes no sense. It is like saying Mr Perfect and Eugene are the same level because neither one was a draw. One is a credible B side and the other is a joke comedy act. Deep down you know you are wrong, but I will leave it here if you can't figure it out at this point.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Just because Hangman has been in the wrestling business for a long time that doesn't automatically mean he knows what he is doing or should disregard or just blow off any advice from someone who has been exponentially more successful

Would FTR or Seth Rollins blow off Bret Hart if he had some ideas or pointers for them?

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It is dumb because it makes no sense. It is like saying Mr Perfect and Eugene are the same level because neither one was a draw. One is a credible B side and the other is a joke comedy act. Deep down you know you are wrong, but I will leave it here if you can't figure it out at this point.
He wasn’t a joke comedy act at the time of him headlining you silly goose.

Simply mad online because you know they’re either both headliners or not. Adam Page doesn’t move the needle. Sorry!

Just because Hangman has been in the wrestling business for a long time that doesn't automatically mean he knows what he is doing or should disregard or just blow off any advice from someone who has been exponentially more successful

Would FTR or Seth Rollins blow off Bret Hart if he had some ideas or pointers for them?
RTruth- a man who has likely headlined more PPV than Adam Page has headlined if TNA is included- certainly wouldn’t blow off veterans either

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Full Gear PPV built around the main event where Page won the title vs Omega (Nov 21) did 150,000 buys which is DOUBLE that of both prior editions of the ppv (19 and 20 both did 75,000).

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The Full Gear PPV built around the main event where Page won the title vs Omega (Nov 21) did 150,000 buys which is DOUBLE that of both prior editions of the ppv (19 and 20 both did 75,000).

It also included the first AEW PPV matches of Danielson and Punk

Edit: It was Punk's 2nd PPV match, he actually debuted the PPV before, but either way him and Danielson on the card was a big difference from the previous year

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

That's mostly my problem with it, the arrogance.

And the botched the payoff to that story terribly. Hangman should have been a made man out of that feud. Instead, he became a very "meh" champion.

I am a big Hangman fan, but the guy is not an established main eventer.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

And the botched the payoff to that story terribly. Hangman should have been a made man out of that feud. Instead, he became a very "meh" champion.

As opposed to the arrogance of "You didn't do it in WWE so it doesn't count"?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’ve basically turned Rampage into Dark but on TV
It also included the first AEW PPV matches of Danielson and Punk

Edit: It was Punk's 2nd PPV match, he actually debuted the PPV before, but either way him and Danielson on the card was a big difference from the previous year
pretty clear why ppl bought that PPV and it sure as shit wasn’t Adam Page lol

Might’ve had something to do with 2 of the top 5 draws from the last decade or so

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

They didn't botch the payoff. They botched his title run. The payoff was great.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not defending Punk's arrogance either.

I said many times that I thought but parties were assholes.
I still really do fail to see how Hangman was an asshole in anyway. I can atleast understand your viewpoint on the Elite. The Hangman stuff seems so god damn minor to me. Like why does anyone care who Hangman wants to get advice from? :laugh: maybe he just didn't like Punk? Maybe he got his advice from like Arn Anderson or one of the like 15 other vets they have back there.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They didn't botch the payoff. They botched his title run. The payoff was great.
Fair enough. To me they waited a little too long, but the entire chase was indeed very compelling, cannot argue with that.
I still really do fail to see how Hangman was an asshole in anyway. I can atleast understand your viewpoint on the Elite. The Hangman stuff seems so god damn minor to me. Like why does anyone care who Hangman wants to get advice from? :laugh: maybe he just didn't like Punk? Maybe he got his advice from like Arn Anderson or one of the like 15 other vets they have back there.
My "beef" with Hangman is the interview he gave when he said he did not ask anybody for advice and thought he was good enough and what not. I thought that was arrogant.

Him not getting advice from Punk specifically. Yeah, who cares.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Well, no because Bret Hart is widely respected amongst his peers while Punk is respected by almost no one. The guy is a jackass in the truest sense of the word and probably came across as a jackass when he tried to give Page advice.

Not defending Punk's arrogance either.

I said many times that I thought but parties were assholes.
It's pretty obvious which one is the asshole and which one isn't.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well, no because Bret Hart is widely respected amongst his peers while Punk is respected by almost no one. The guy is a jackass in the truest sense of the word and probably came across as a jackass when he tried to give Page advice.

It's pretty obvious which one is the asshole and which one isn't.
It is pretty obvious to me that, in the Elite vs Punk feud, there is no babyface.

Hangman, sure, he did something stupid when he went into business for himself and sounded arrogant in an interview, but I do not think he can be called an "asshole".

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
It is pretty obvious to me that, in the Elite vs Punk feud, there is no babyface.

Hangman, sure, he did something stupid when he went into business for himself and sounded arrogant in an interview, but I do not think he can be called an "asshole".
Ok, I thought you were referring to Punk and Hangman. I definitely agree with you on Omega, Bucks and Punk.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I was not very clear.

I mean, AEW seems to be quite the mess backstage, I guess it is difficult to keep track of who is an asshole :laugh:

They really need someone to run talent relations.
I kind of agree but I also think it's overblown around here to some extent. There were a couple incidents with Punk and a couple with Sammy but other than that nothing else that I can think of.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean Tony is the head of the company and he’s pretty clearly immature. Real CEO’s don’t take potshots at talent they fired (to be fair I defended him for it, it was clearly immature for him to go at Big Swole like that though) and actually will step in to solve tense situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad