AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Omega is absolutely being wasted in trios. Wasnt/isnt dude a main eventer?

Whos even gonna challenge MJF for the title? Looks like Mox and Page are gonna feud. Danielson is doing whatever he wants. Claudio and Jericho in a ROH storyline.

Hoping its not Starks he doesnt seem ready. Page just dont see it being good either.

Omega/MJF would be cool

Omega comes at MJF about spitting on the AEW brand he helped create.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Whos even gonna challenge MJF for the title? Looks like Mox and Page are gonna feud. Danielson is doing whatever he wants. Claudio and Jericho in a ROH storyline.

Hoping its not Starks he doesnt seem ready. Page just dont see it being good either.

Omega/MJF would be cool

Omega vs MJF would be great if Omega accepts to be serious and not a goof. The matches would deliver for sure and the story you laid out writes itself. I do not think it can be MJF's first feud though. He needs to build his reign before going against a guy like Omega.
What if Omega wants to be working with the Bucks in the trios ?
Then Tony needs to grow a pair and tell one of his biggest assets that he is needed somewhere else.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Omega/MJF would be cool

I mean last night seems to be a pretty clear indication that they are going to do a MJF/Danielson feud. Can do one with Eddie Kingston as well...but that would likely be a between PPV one like Starks where you aren't going to headline a PPV with that.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I mean last night seems to be a pretty clear indication that they are going to do a MJF/Danielson feud. Can do one with Eddie Kingston as well...but that would likely be a between PPV one like Starks where you aren't going to headline a PPV with that.
When do we get our Samoa Joe vs MJF feud?

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I agree, but I think Eddie vs MJF can totally main event a PPV. Eddie is over enough and he would easily be able to sell the match and make it big. MJF too.

The match itself might be "meh" though.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Regal leaving

More from today's pwinsider.com:

All signs are that William Regal, 54, will be World Wrestling Entertainment-bound shortly. Although we have heard nothing official from the company, there have been rumblings within WWE of late about Regal returning in a backstage role. That would mean Regal would be exiting AEW, where it certainly appeared that he was written out of storylines last night on Dynamite, having been attacked by AEW Champion MJF.

Regal broke into the business in Europe in the early 1980s before being signed to WCW in 1993, where he had 4 World Television Championship runs. Regal had several runs in WWE over the years, initially as the forgettable "Man's Man" character before hitting his stride after getting sober and having runs with the WWE Intercontinental and European Championships as well as winning the 2008 King of the Ring Tournament. His WWE autobiography Walking The Golden Mile is among the most underrated wrestling books of all time.

In 2014, Regal began focusing primarily on WWE's developmental, appearing on screen as an announcer and as the NXT General Manager but behind the scenes, he had risen into one of Paul Levesque's trusted lieutenants. Eventually given the official title of WWE Director of Talent Development and Head of Global Recruiting, Regal was regularly traveling to major independent events to help scout talents and bring them into the WWE fold. He was a major sounding board for talents inside and outside of WWE and was pretty much considered to have a job for life until Vince McMahon dismantled the Paul Levesque black and gold vision of WWE NXT.

Released along with many other Levesque staffers in January 2022, Regal moved to AEW. He debuted in March 2022, playing off his real life past as a mentor to Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley. This led to the official formation of The Blackpool Combat Club, which eventually added Wheeler Yuta and Claudio Castagnoli. Regal turned on Moxley to set up MJF's AEW title victory.

Vince McMahon's resignation from WWE and the return of Paul Levesque to power obviously set the stage for this likely return as Regal was long considered one of Levesque's top Consiglieres.

More as we confirm officially.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I see Starks and Page and I see a couple create-a-wrestlers. Generic tights, generic look, generic nicknames (Absolute, All Ego), generic mannerisms.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't really see how either of these guys have separated themselves from the pack to where they deserve to be in the main even mix.

Just more "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" booking that is rampant in AEW.

Why is it so hard for them to establish who the main event level guys are? And then create a concrete mid-card scene where the likes of Starks and Page can work and see if the fanbase gravitate towards them enough to force themselves into the main-event scene they way we saw it done with the classic WWF Intercontinental Title in the 80s and 90s. It's a proven formula that works.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I agree, but I think Eddie vs MJF can totally main event a PPV. Eddie is over enough and he would easily be able to sell the match and make it big. MJF too.

The match itself might be "meh" though.
The build up and all the talking the two can do might make a great feud. I’m down to see that.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I feel like AEW needs a belt for lowercard people. A belt that is not hung onto for months and months at a time

Like all of AEW belts seem to be held by their name people.

Cant really do a tv title because they have 2. Cant really do a US belt or intercontinental since they have all Atlantic. Id say maybe add a lightweight

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I feel like AEW needs a belt for lowercard people. A belt that is not hung onto for months and months at a time

Like all of AEW belts seem to be held by their name people.

Cant really do a tv title because they have 2. Cant really do a US belt or intercontinental since they have all Atlantic. Id say maybe add a lightweight

Do they have anyone on the roster that doesn't already have a belt? Between ROH and AEW there are already about 35 champs

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If anything they need to separate ROH and AEW soon. Use ROH as sort of development territory but also have some name AEW guys there who arent being used.

Said it before AEW needs to drop the TV titles and just have 1. Get rid of all Atlantic too.

I like AEW but seems like its become a clusterf***

AEW should have one Men's World Championship and one Mid-Card Championship (TNT Champion). I don't see the point of the "All-Atlantic" Championship. So which is considered the more important belt? TNT or All-Atlantic? To me it's like the old Intercontinental (more important) compared to the European Championship (less important). The All-Atlantic is their European gold. Get rid of it.

ROH should be the same thing, keep the World and TV titles, drop the "Pure" championship.

I don't know what they need to do for the women but two singles titles isn't warranted in a women's division that lacks depth like AEW does. Should of done a women's tag instead of the TBS title and form some actual women's tag teams and keep them away from the single competitors. Especially with so many green women's performers their lack of experience could be better hidden in a tag team and put together women's teams that compliment each others strengths and weaknesses.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sounds like Ibushi has been working out and his shoulder is responding well so far his contract is also up in January. Seems to be a safe bet he will be leaving NJPW, where he lands isn't for sure but AEW is probably a safe assumption.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
AEW should have one Men's World Championship and one Mid-Card Championship (TNT Champion). I don't see the point of the "All-Atlantic" Championship. So which is considered the more important belt? TNT or All-Atlantic? To me it's like the old Intercontinental (more important) compared to the European Championship (less important). The All-Atlantic is their European gold. Get rid of it.

ROH should be the same thing, keep the World and TV titles, drop the "Pure" championship.

I don't know what they need to do for the women but two singles titles isn't warranted in a women's division that lacks depth like AEW does. Should of done a women's tag instead of the TBS title and form some actual women's tag teams and keep them away from the single competitors. Especially with so many green women's performers their lack of experience could be better hidden in a tag team and put together women's teams that compliment each others strengths and weaknesses.

Imo they should have
World title - main event
TV title - which would be upper midcard and sort of a belt they can give guys they’re interested in begin world champ someday

Some lower card title that wrestlers can battle for alot and wont be held for months upon months

All atlantic dont make sense at all was defended in england once

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Imo they should have
World title - main event
TV title - which would be upper midcard and sort of a belt they can give guys they’re interested in begin world champ someday

Some lower card title that wrestlers can battle for alot and wont be held for months upon months

All atlantic dont make sense at all was defended in england once
I was a big fan of the WCW setup it sounds like what you are describing world title - best in the world. US title - legit prestigious up and coming. TV title - defended every week(on tv!). Used to elevate guys can. Hot potato and spotlight feuds

Reactions: Troublesome 85

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Larry’s missing teeth………….

We probably didn’t hear those reports earlier than we did because Punk isn’t a total child who runs to meltzer with everything. Food for thought. If you come at me I assume you hate dogs if that’s the case. Elite should be ashamed of themselves and perhaps banish themselves from the public eye as they hemorrhage ratings anyway? Just food for thought

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Larry’s missing teeth………….

We probably didn’t hear those reports earlier than we did because Punk isn’t a total child who runs to meltzer with everything. Food for thought. If you come at me I assume you hate dogs if that’s the case. Elite should be ashamed of themselves and perhaps banish themselves from the public eye as they hemorrhage ratings anyway? Just food for thought
Orrr and crazy thought here that breed of dog are prone to dental issues. But go ahead and rage away :laugh: it is definitely more likely that the Elite are evil dog abusers. You nailed it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Orrr and crazy thought here that breed of dog are prone to dental issues. But go ahead and rage away :laugh: it is definitely more likely that the Elite are evil dog abusers. You nailed it.
^mad online, also hates dogs

Elites segments keep hemorrhaging viewers. Tough scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad