AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This was always going to happen with AEW, it happens to every company that puts an active wrestler in a booking or executive position. They eventually get consumed by the ego, protect their friends, make themselves the star of the show, and then kill the territory.

AEW has a lot of problems right now, the booking is bad, they can't or won't put people over who should be put over. They have a roster of millions most of whom are rarely seen.

Tony is too weak to do the right thing, which is tell the Elite they're in ring talent and not EVP's anymore because they're too childish. He's too close to these people.

You look at the quarterly breakdowns of shows where they start with a decent number and by the end have slid into oblivion. The attendance figures have to be a concern too.

Inmates cannot run a prison.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This was always going to happen with AEW, it happens to every company that puts an active wrestler in a booking or executive position. They eventually get consumed by the ego, protect their friends, make themselves the star of the show, and then kill the territory.

AEW has a lot of problems right now, the booking is bad, they can't or won't put people over who should be put over. They have a roster of millions most of whom are rarely seen.

Tony is too weak to do the right thing, which is tell the Elite they're in ring talent and not EVP's anymore because they're too childish. He's too close to these people.

You look at the quarterly breakdowns of shows where they start with a decent number and by the end have slid into oblivion. The attendance figures have to be a concern too.

Inmates cannot run a prison.
Tony did tell them they’re not EVP’s anymore. They still have them in name-only but other than the various office jobs they, and others, do have, they are talent like everyone else is talent. But Tony is the booker. The only booker.

Bottom line here is CM Punk was the biggest star in the company, regardless of if he’s hurt or leaving. When Tony was mapping out the early ideas of AEW, he did it with CM Punk in mind, and the networks knew that too.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I need your help with a project. I'm playing with an idea of a 7 deadly sins faction.

Anger/Gluttony: This is a tag team of Eddie Kingston and Samoa Joe. This sounds like a fun tag team and they fit the ticket.
Sloth: You HAVE TO, HAVE TO, have Orange Cassedy
Pride: All ego Ethan Page

The other 3 are...

Envy:
Lust:
Greed:

Part of me say this should be a female portion of the group, Nyla Rose as greed, Britt Baker as envy. Who would YOU pick?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The security staff in Indy is incompetent.

On a serious note, good to see Hangman back. Hopefully Cole gets healthy soon. Injuries have chewed through the main event depth the past half year. Moxley needs to be away from the title for a bit to freshen up the product.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Pretty good dynamite all around. I really thought best of 7 Elite v Death Triangle was a stupid idea initially.... however.... dang, I can't wait for match 4. (Disclaimer, I am an unashamed elite mark and love a good spot fest match).

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Rumor is FTR may not resign with AEW when contracts are up. Read an article where Dax was saying they may take a year off and then decide who to sign too.

Would love to see them in GCW

FTR vs Briscoes vs H8 Club

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rumor is FTR may not resign with AEW when contracts are up. Read an article where Dax was saying they may take a year off and then decide who to sign too.

Would love to see them in GCW

FTR vs Briscoes vs H8 Club
They’ll be going back to Triple H, a guy that actually knows how to use them and a company that won’t intentionally cool them off because they’re bigger and better than the EVP’s

Reactions: canucksfan

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
They’ll be going back to Triple H, a guy that actually knows how to use them and a company that won’t intentionally cool them off because they’re bigger and better than the EVP’s
I think that too. Triple H loves FTR and will make sure they are top guys.

Reactions: CDJ

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto

This sounds like something from the Cornette podcast. Corny actually does not know the backstage dynamics he just hates on the people who he has heat with which are a lot of people but he gets a lot of clicks for the Kenny Omega/Bucks/AEW hate - it's his bread and butter.

Also HHH and the Kliq burried FTR big time on shows like Raw 25. I would not go as far to say he knows how to book them other than the stint they had on NXT which went nowhere. Also, I firmly believe you can't put FTR over the acclaimed right now because they are more over.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This sounds like something from the Cornette podcast. Corny actually does not know the backstage dynamics he just hates on the people who he has heat with which are a lot of people but he gets a lot of clicks for the Kenny Omega/Bucks/AEW hate - it's his bread and butter.

Also HHH and the Kliq burried FTR big time on shows like Raw 25. I would not go as far to say he knows how to book them other than the stint they had on NXT which went nowhere. Also, I firmly believe you can't put FTR over the acclaimed right now because they are more over.

Explain this awful booking of what was by far the most over tag team in the world. Why did they get taken out of the video game? Everybody knows the history between the two teams

They were hot in the streets in NXT and everybody knows it was Vince running the main show back then. Things are quite different and A LOT better now.

Reactions: Apex Predator

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Dax said he has love for 2 people. HHH for taking a chance on them and Tony for signing them and idk I forget

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Im wondering who would even leave AEW now. FTR is possible when contract is up. Maybe Keith Lee goes to Raw with his wife. Adam Cole maybe? Would say elite but punk is gone so why leave.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean Dax straight up said he feels loyalty to both HHH and TK. I think it is far more likely they just go free agent for a while because I mean....liking HHH or not tag team wrestling is never going to be a major part of WWE. It just won't be. You likely will see talent move over, it was likely inevitably going to happen at some point no matter what...but HHH can only push so many people. He is in the honeymoon phase but there will be people that he doesn't push that think they should be pushed and there is a pretty defined ceiling for most guys in WWE.

I can see TK just agreeing to let Regal go out of respect. Adam Cole I doubt goes anywhere, Keith Lee is probably signed for a while and FTR are bigger out of WWE then they ever were inside it no matter what you think of their booking I think they are better off not in WWE. Doesn't mean they stay in AEW...but yeah.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Im wondering who would even leave AEW now. FTR is possible when contract is up. Maybe Keith Lee goes to Raw with his wife. Adam Cole maybe? Would say elite but punk is gone so why leave.
John Rocha took his wrestling show Strong Style Live to it's own channel and on Tuesday Chris Burns dropped that there's a reason Adam Cole left WWE after they were discussing the live chat's jokes about Rhea and Dom becoming a couple outside the ring. He said he's heard so much stuff about what goes on in the locker rooms of wrestlers between talent and dropped that Adam Cole comment and left it at that. :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

While this is true, not going with FTR vs Bucks III for all the belts in favour of bringing in a trios title is either the Bucks being bitches or TK being a very bad booker.

Heck, let's forget about FTR for a second, wasting Omega's return on the trios tournament was dumb af. They did not get the reaction they were going for and the trios segment leaked viewers.

So, it might very well not be backstage politics, but it was still incredibly dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad