AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
That's part of the problem, he lets too many people do whatever they want and they walk all over him, Jericho has had several stupid ideas that they've done like the broadway dance routine and mimosa matches, he just let Punk do whatever he wanted and allowed him to say whatever which blew up in his face, and he's paying Danielson likely huge bucks and not using him like the star he is.

Aaron Judge wouldn't sign with the Dodgers and then tell them he always wanted to be a pitcher
I really don't think it is that deep. Like I said if they want him in a title program they just put him in one, he is Bryan Danielson, there is no ruining him. If in the meantime he wants to wrestle the young up and coming wrestlers then let him wrestle who he wants for the amount of time he has left. Also who cares what Tony Khan is paying him, shit isn't my money.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Need MJF to have a really one-sided feud with Orange Cassidy for being a joke to wrestling to get some of that heel heat back

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
orange cassidy is one of best parts of aew .
If that’s true then it’s no surprise ratings and buy rates are falling. New champ will change things at least.

I personally think it’s a tired act. He can obviously work, I would like to see him find something else to do because it’s been the same schtick for 3 years now

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
If that’s true then it’s no surprise ratings and buy rates are falling

well i enjoy him so do the live crowds judging by the pops he gets when he comes out.. mjf is allright but not really my type of thing.

Reactions: CDJ

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
If that’s true then it’s no surprise ratings and buy rates are falling. New champ will change things at least.

I personally think it’s a tired act. He can obviously work, I would like to see him find something else to do because it’s been the same schtick for 3 years now
It's been a lot longer than 3 years.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Cassidy grew on me but idk ive sort of lost interest in AEW recently. Too many wrestlers and some storylines be all over the place. Like they will focus on one story then 2 weeks later go back to it.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Heads up to AEW fans in Canada - due to TSN juggling the schedule because of the World Cup this week's AEW lineup looks like this:

Wednesday 8 pm Eastern on TSN3
Thursday 1 am Eastern on TSN2

Reactions: yahhockey

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
AEW has lost its luster because they've gone from the upstart, fresh company to signing literally everyone, not having enough TV time or storylines to accommodate everyone, having way too many titles, and then top guys acting like jackasses (Punk, Bucks, Omega) to the point where they're detrimental to the success of this organization.

Just get back to basics - it's what WWE has done since Triple H took over.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I honestly thought it was over the summer leading up to All Out that AEW actually kind of lost its way. Maybe I am alone in this but I actually did enjoy the lead up to this PPV but for the first time in a long time both of AEW's main singles belts being held by heels is exciting there are a lot of fresh feuds to run over the winter.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I knew MJF was gonna win so I was looking forward to it less. Had the feeling Elite would be back also. The trios match was actually the only one I really liked. The whole Jarrett angle came out of nowhere. Nyla Jade angle was dumb. We all knew Swerve was gonna turn for months. ROH title match was just thrown together. I love Jericho but take that belt off him. Give it back to Dalton Castle.

Tbh more looking forward to Survivor Series than I was for Full Gear

Oh and TK sucks at using FTR.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
AEW has lost its luster because they've gone from the upstart, fresh company to signing literally everyone, not having enough TV time or storylines to accommodate everyone, having way too many titles, and then top guys acting like jackasses (Punk, Bucks, Omega) to the point where they're detrimental to the success of this organization.

I also wonder how many days these guys are required to work. I feel like guys just disappear for stretches even if they're healthy. Kind of gets in the way of doing a proper program, but then the booking has been bad regardless. As I've said for some time now, you have two TV shows and two YouTube shows and so booking it right should be a lot easier but apparently it isn't.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I also wonder how many days these guys are required to work. I feel like guys just disappear for stretches even if they're healthy. Kind of gets in the way of doing a proper program, but then the booking has been bad regardless. As I've said for some time now, you have two TV shows and two YouTube shows and so booking it right should be a lot easier but apparently it isn't.
With AEW doing literally zero house shows, or traveling outside of the weekly TV content, talent probably take weeks at a time off and are not around, especially now that Covid restrictions have been lifted.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Ive read Britt Baker does dentistry when not wrestling so I doubt they wrestle that many matches a year. Well the name people. They also film dynamite and rampage the same night so I dont think their schedule is as strenuous as WWE who do house shows and are on the road. Ive read some wrestlers just fly to wherever dynamite/rampage is taped then fly home.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah I think generally most weeks is like 2-3 days a week at most if you are sticking around for everything and that is including travel time likely. There has been some rumbling about them starting some kind of light house show loop but not sure if that is a real thing or just shit being thrown out there.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

And yet WWE still completely sucks. The best thing they have going on is guys doing a SNL routine.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I haven't watched in a few weeks..have they done anything with Miro? Or is he still in catering?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

This is pretty much my take too. Good worker but sick of the gimmick and there's just a lot of other wrestlers on the roster who I like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad