AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
While this is true, not going with FTR vs Bucks III for all the belts in favour of bringing in a trios title is either the Bucks being bitches or TK being a very bad booker.

Heck, let's forget about FTR for a second, wasting Omega's return on the trios tournament was dumb af. They did not get the reaction they were going for and the trios segment leaked viewers.

So, it might very well not be backstage politics, but it was still incredibly dumb.
Kenny and the bucks were the ones who wanted the trios match. I don't really get into the politics because I sense that most of the politics we hear about is clickbait material. Cornette definitely has a ton of spin and fallacies. His schtick is mostly generalize about issues as how he sees them and then when one thing sticks as a part of a larger generalization it becomes a victory for him. "Again, Brian didn't we tell folks this would happen?" Yes cornette start ups who enjoy success out of the gate eventually have to go through issues. Doesn't mean they shut down. I'm pretty sure he said aew would be out of business by 2021.

Reactions: sabremike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Scuttlebutt out there is that Regal had an issue with the maturity level of management…

A bunch of children perhaps?? Who is to say?

Reactions: Grackle Party

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Scuttlebutt out there is that Regal had an issue with the maturity level of management…

A bunch of children perhaps?? Who is to say?
Was this this story where EC3 was the source?

I think I would take my dry cleaners word over his

Reactions: sabremike

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
When is Seth Rollins going to do his class at the performance center? Why exactly would main event guys with decades of experience be running the ropes in a wrestling class? Like some of the criticisms about AEW are entirely valid but this one is just hilarious. If someone has been in the business for over a decade and has established themselves they have the right to choose what help they do or don't think they need. Said the same thing with the whole Punk getting his panties twisted over Hangman giving him the shoulder lol.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
When is Seth Rollins going to do his class at the performance center? Why exactly would main event guys with decades of experience be running the ropes in a wrestling class? Like some of the criticisms about AEW are entirely valid but this one is just hilarious. If someone has been in the business for over a decade and has established themselves they have the right to choose what help they do or don't think they need. Said the same thing with the whole Punk getting his panties twisted over Hangman giving him the shoulder lol.
Well, EVPs getting into fights over words show a lack of maturity in management.

Tony not being able to nip issues in the bud shows a lack of experience in management.

Having such a bloated roster shows an issue of experience also.

I mean, stop bringing it back to Punk.

I love AEW, but as a manager myself, their issues seem pretty obvious. Communication, accountability, clear vision for their employees, etc.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Well, EVPs getting into fights over words show a lack of maturity in management.

Tony not being able to nip issues in the bud shows a lack of experience in management.

Having such a bloated roster shows an issue of experience also.

I mean, stop bringing it back to Punk.

I love AEW, but as a manager myself, their issues seem pretty obvious. Communication, accountability, clear vision for their employees, etc.
I am specifically talking about people complaining about top guys not being receptive enough to training from older hands. I agree with you about a lot of those things, but that is kind of my point. Those are actual issues. Someone like Hangman not wanting to go run the ropes with the rookies is like last on the list of issues in the company. That is why I brought up Punk, it was the same kind of thing where Punk was trying to son Hangman like Hangman should have been licking his boots for his wealth of knowledge. Yet I don't see people saying the top guys in WWE should be going to classes at the performance center. This isn't me saying you should shut out the older generation either, but when you hit a certain level you earn the right to choose who and what you want to take on board. Really that simple.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I am specifically talking about people complaining about top guys not being receptive enough to training from older hands. I agree with you about a lot of those things, but that is kind of my point. Those are actual issues. Someone like Hangman not wanting to go run the ropes with the rookies is like last on the list of issues in the company. That is why I brought up Punk, it was the same kind of thing where Punk was trying to son Hangman like Hangman should have been licking his boots for his wealth of knowledge. Yet I don't see people saying the top guys in WWE should be going to classes at the performance center. This isn't me saying you should shut out the older generation either, but when you hit a certain level you earn the right to choose who and what you want to take on board. Really that simple.
I agree, but Hangman does not have "a certain level".

I think that was the main criticism. Danielson has a certain level, Moxley has, Omega does as well. Hangman? Meh.

Does that mean Punk should be all condescending towards him? No. But let's not act as if Hangman was a mega star that was insulted by being given advice by a vet.

Reactions: CDJ

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I agree, but Hangman does not have "a certain level".

I think that was the main criticism. Danielson has a certain level, Moxley has, Omega does as well. Hangman? Meh.

Does that mean Punk should be all condescending towards him? No. But let's not act as if Hangman was a mega star that was insulted by being given advice by a vet.
I mean I am sorry but Hangman has been an active wrestler for as much if not more time then Punk has been an active wrestler. He has main evented shows in AEW. He has objectively reached that level that he can choose what he does and doesn't take on. It just seems like a giant nothingburger that is again getting blown out of proportion. Let people seek out the help they want and if they want to go about things on there own and make their own mistakes then let them do that too. Nothing inherently wrong with that either.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I mean I am sorry but Hangman has been an active wrestler for as much if not more time then Punk has been an active wrestler. He has main evented shows in AEW. He has objectively reached that level that he can choose what he does and doesn't take on. It just seems like a giant nothingburger that is again getting blown out of proportion. Let people seek out the help they want and if they want to go about things on there own and make their own mistakes then let them do that too. Nothing inherently wrong with that either.
I like Hangman, but he clearly is not an established main eventer who should have a say in how he is booked.

He also should not above seeking help when asked about it in interviews. He should at least show some respect. That's my issue with it, mostly. Not that he did not listen to CM Punk. That, I do not care about. Punk has his own issues.

Reactions: chaosrevolver

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I for one can't understand why Punk essentially telling a guy who is a company headliner who main evented successful PPV's that he's nothing because it didn't happen in WWE would rub people in AEW the wrong way. I mean that wasn't a gigantic put down of the company he was working for or anything.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Adam Page is a PPV headliner the same way RTruth was a PPV headliner, and I like Adam Page and Ron Killings

They’re not actually the draws.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
WWE could do more buys with R-Truth in a main event then an AEW show with Moxley. That doesn't mean shit. It is a really dumb comparison. You can do better then that lol
The point is neither are draws and if you think Adam page is a draw….lol, lmao, rofl

You think he’s been the A-side of any card?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The point is neither are draws and if you think Adam page is a draw….lol, lmao, rofl

You think he’s been the A-side of any card?
I never said he was the draw? That doesn't make comparing him to R-Truth make any sense. Hangman can be a credible guy in a Main Event with someone who is a draw. R-Truth is a career comedy act....a great one but a career comedy act. Nothing I originally said about Hangman had anything to do with how much he draws anyways lol I said he has been around long enough that he doesn't have to get son'd by CM Punk if he doesn't want too. That has nothing to do with his ability to draw.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I never said he was the draw? That doesn't make comparing him to R-Truth make any sense. Hangman can be a credible guy in a Main Event with someone who is a draw. R-Truth is a career comedy act....a great one but a career comedy act. Nothing I originally said about Hangman had anything to do with how much he draws anyways lol I said he has been around long enough that he doesn't have to get son'd by CM Punk if he doesn't want too. That has nothing to do with his ability to draw.
Listen, either both of them are headliners or neither of them are headliners. Your call.

Also RTruth was a heel when he headlined iirc

Reactions: Khelandros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad