AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Sammy once again proves he's a complete douchebag. I don't know exactly what they're beefing about but Andrade would kick his ass. He's also better in the ring than Sammy. Who says Dad in Law?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sammy once again proves he's a complete douchebag. I don't know exactly what they're beefing about but Andrade would kick his ass. He's also better in the ring than Sammy. Who says Dad in Law?
Char limits on Twitter maybe?

One of these days an AEW talent will take the high road. Eventually. I think. I’m rooting for them, but The more and more that comes out, the more childish they become

Reactions: DaaaaB's

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don’t know how many incidents Sammy has to be in for everybody to realize that perhaps he’s the problem

He better shape up because he ain’t getting pushed in WWE. Imagine if he told Randy Orton or Brock Lesnar he hit too hard lol

Future X division champion Sammy Guevara if he keeps this shit up

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I hope at some forbidden door they do like

Elite/bullet vs United Empire

Omega/White/Anderson/Gallows/Matt/Nick/Phantasmo/Page or Cole vs Ospreay/Davis/Fletcher/Cobb/Khan/TJP/Henare/Akira

War games match

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
I tried giving AEW a chance. I really did. But their product is just too difficult to follow for a casual fan.

The part I find ironic is where did WCW really start it's downturn? I'd argue it was early 1998 and the addition of WCW Thunder and the extra hour added to Nitro. Bischoff didn't want it but Turner did.

I'd argue the WWF Attitude era peaked in early-to-mid 1999 and the addition of Smackdown and 2 more hours of TV to produce every week hurt the overall product. Sure your getting the additional revenue but from a fan-interest standpoint it became too much for a lot of fans, especially more casual fans. The added two hours pushed Russo out the door as all he saw was his workload doubled but his paycheque stayed the same.

If AEW had just kept their roster and storylines tight and focused on producing the best two hour weekly wrestling program they could, they'd be doing fine right now and growing. Really seems like a case of "too much, too soon" and interest in their product isn't growing but waning.
WCW didn’t know how to move forward after they caught lightning ⚡️ in a bottle when the NWO ended , that for me is the beginning of the downturn for them, but yes AEW needs to tighten up their Dynamite 🧨 roster and stop having guys disappear when they’ve started to get some momentum!!

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Char limits on Twitter maybe?

One of these days an AEW talent will take the high road. Eventually. I think. I’m rooting for them, but The more and more that comes out, the more childish they become

Tony needs to start acting like a boss and crack down on this stuff, he made a big deal after he started having to approve Casters raps, not saying he needs to approve tweets but he needs to round everyone up and tell them to knock this shit off and start acting like adults

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
WCW didn’t know how to move forward after they caught lightning ⚡️ in a bottle when the NWO started , that for me is the beginning of the downturn for them, but yes AEW needs to tighten up their Dynamite 🧨 roster and stop having guys disappear when they’ve started to get some momentum!!
I think they did a really good job when the NWO started. Problems started when they added members to it and the group started to grow.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
FTR were getting pops that only the Hardy Boyz have gotten in the last 20 years (for tag teams). Look at what they’ve done with them. How the f*** do you cool that off?

Reactions: canucksfan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
FTR were getting pops that only the Hardy Boyz have gotten in the last 20 years (for tag teams). Look at what they’ve done with them. How the f*** do you cool that off?
They just disappeared overnight. They were at the top of the tag team food chain and then not only were they not given another tag title run...they were gone from AEW television entirely. Did Tony need Lee/Strickland to be transitional champs for the Acclaimed or something? Maybe he was thinking the Acclaimed couldn't be the ones to dethrone FTR or the Acclaimed could never get over as long as FTR was around?

Nothing makes sense. FTR v the Acclaimed seems like such a money feud to me. Hell, ANYBODY vs FTR seems good to me right now. FTR as a tag team are a jack of all trades. Put them in the ring with just about anybody, give them 10-15 minutes and the match will be well worth the time

Well, where do you find time for them? You certainly can't cut anything important like the asshole with the pizza dough
I just choked on my Cheerios. You're not wrong

• Haha
Reactions: ManByng and CDJ

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
They just disappeared overnight. They were at the top of the tag team food chain and then not only were they not given another tag title run...they were gone from AEW television entirely. Did Tony need Lee/Strickland to be transitional champs for the Acclaimed or something? Maybe he was thinking the Acclaimed couldn't be the ones to dethrone FTR or the Acclaimed could never get over as long as FTR was around?

Nothing makes sense. FTR v the Acclaimed seems like such a money feud to me. Hell, ANYBODY vs FTR seems good to me right now. FTR as a tag team are a jack of all trades. Put them in the ring with just about anybody, give them 10-15 minutes and the match will be well worth the time

I just choked on my Cheerios. You're not wrong
Realistically, who beats FTR? They hold belts in 3 federations, and should realistically be AEW champs as well. So in the thrown together tag team division, who should be champs over them?

That is the difficult situation that AEW is in. Does anyone buy that Best Friends have a shot at beating FTR? The Acclaimed? Swerve in our Glory? Even the Lucha Bros are a step down on FTR.

If you look at with an unbiased eye, the only teams that could actually defeat FTR in a clean feud are outside AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The problem is wrestling politics. If FTR wins the AEW titles, AEW comes first, which means they can’t lose. You can’t have your champions losing, which would then mean you’re holding other promotions’ titles hostage. So FTR would be in a spot where they can’t lose to anybody, and vacating either really sucks or is not good business. Clearly nobody has agreed to how exactly that works, there’s ways to do it, but that path either isn’t clear or hasn’t had time yet to play out, so they’re stuck in purgatory in AEW because they have to be protected, and all they can do is beat up on job teams.

I think they had the same problem when Kenny was champion, AAA wanted him to drop their title to El Hijo del Vikingo but Tony wouldn’t let them and it got to the point where Kenny had to vacate it because he got too injured, and it derailed AAA’s main storyline.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The problem is wrestling politics. If FTR wins the AEW titles, AEW comes first, which means they can’t lose. You can’t have your champions losing, which would then mean you’re holding other promotions’ titles hostage. So FTR would be in a spot where they can’t lose to anybody, and vacating either really sucks or is not good business. Clearly nobody has agreed to how exactly that works, there’s ways to do it, but that path either isn’t clear or hasn’t had time yet to play out, so they’re stuck in purgatory in AEW because they have to be protected, and all they can do is beat up on job teams.

I think they had the same problem when Kenny was champion, AAA wanted him to drop their title to El Hijo del Vikingo but Tony wouldn’t let them and it got to the point where Kenny had to vacate it because he got too injured, and it derailed AAA’s main storyline.
Their last actual tag team loss was in February, against Punk & Moxley. They've lost some matches since then but they have all been 3+ man tags or battle royals. So it's not like they are losing anyways.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Their last actual tag team loss was in February, against Punk & Moxley. They've lost some matches since then but they have all been 3+ man tags or battle royals. So it's not like they are losing anyways.
Yeah, so you’re in a spot, you’re working with 2 other promotions, and none of you want them to lose right now, and if you put your titles on them, now they can’t lose.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Well said.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yeah, so you’re in a spot, you’re working with 2 other promotions, and none of you want them to lose right now, and if you put your titles on them, now they can’t lose.

Another case of Tony not taking control of things, he shouldn't be letting his stars get tied up with other promotions which ends up hamstringing his promotion, and considering the IWGP titles were in a 3 way match it's not like FTR even had to take the loss

It's like when a rookie NFL coach has to hire an "Advisor" to tell him he has a stupid idea, Tony needs to hire a "No, don't do that" guy to advise him

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Another case of Tony not taking control of things, he shouldn't be letting his stars get tied up with other promotions which ends up hamstringing his promotion, and considering the IWGP titles were in a 3 way match it's not like FTR even had to take the loss

It's like when a rookie NFL coach has to hire an "Advisor" to tell him he has a stupid idea, Tony needs to hire a "No, don't do that" guy to advise him
He knows all about the territories and all those dealings. It happened because he wanted it to. FTR is more over on the account of doing it.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
He knows all about the territories and all those dealings. It happened because he wanted it to. FTR is more over on the account of doing it.

If he knows all about the territories, he should know these crossover things always failed

They are not more over for winning Mexican and Japanese titles, those are next to meaningless in the US and the only people who care are the small % of hardcore fans that would watch no matter what. They would be more over if they were on his tv show that people actually watch on a regular basis and held the tag titles that they will claim are the most prestigious in the world.

Reactions: Khelandros

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Sure, that is all true, but it is clear that Tony wanted to have them get the AEW titles to complete their collection. It is also obvious he was setting up Bucks vs FTR III. We all know why that did not happen.

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sure, that is all true, but it is clear that Tony wanted to have them get the AEW titles to complete their collection. It is also obvious he was setting up Bucks vs FTR III. We all know why that did not happen.

Is it clear? We don’t know that it was NJPW’s plan to put the titles on them when FTR won the ROH titles. When they won the AAA titles they were months away from going face

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't Tony say it was the original plan before they decided to do the stupid trio thing they had to do NOW?
I don’t know that but I do know they were waiting for Kenny to be back before doing the trios tournament.

Speaking of the trios, title match with Dark Order replaces the mask vs. career match. No explanation given other than Tony tweeting that it is off.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Ricky Starks and his now deleted tweet, lol

On an unrelated note - TK says the investigation into the backstage altercation is still ongoing. Ongoing? Get the eff outta here. Why would it take a month? How many people were in this room? The more time passes the more memories fade into opinions based on what others have said. All parties should have been interviewed that week. What else is there to investigate? If he said the investigation is complete and we are determining the next step in the process then sure, whatever, but if they are truly still investigating then they're idiots and it's the perfect microcosm for why AEW has gone to shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad