AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I did find it interesting. They gave two great young talent a big opportunity on the mic last night...I felt like Garcia was great and Yuta kind of sunk. He is obviously still has lots of time to figure it out but definitely a lot of work there still.
Honestly, the Garcia angle is one of the better things AEW has going for it right now. It's on a slow burn, but you HAVE to pay it off sooner or later...either at a PPV or a major edition of Dynamite.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Who's her boyfriend?

Btw I don't think you're sick of her already, you just don't like her which is fine.

Ronnie Radke, he sings her theme. A true real life asshole. Been arrested and charged for multiple crimes, including being involved in someone's death and domestic abuse issues too.

Paige decided earlier this week it would be smart to post a little tiktok video with him making light of his violent crimes. Internet didn't appreciate it

• Wow
Reactions: Jussi

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Ronnie Radke, he sings her theme. A true real life asshole. Been arrested and charged for multiple crimes, including being involved in someone's death and domestic abuse issues too.

Paige decided earlier this week it would be smart to post a little tiktok video with him making light of his violent crimes. Internet didn't appreciate it
Looks like she's still making all the best choices.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm already sick of Paige and her shit ass loser boyfriend by proxy of being reminded he exists

I really don't understand why AEW or Khan want anything to do with her. I just don't get it.

Let's be honest about Paige/Saraya for one second. She's never been anything special. She has never been legit over with wrestling fans. She's never been anything special in the ring. I found her below average on the mic, hard to listen to sometimes with that awful accent. She has basically two years of being a full-time performer on a national wrestling program (2014-16) and none of that was memorable. Other than her first night on Raw when she undeservedly won the title it's a pretty forgettable run.

So here she is 5-6 years removed from being in the ring, and Khan hands her a 3-year deal and immediately puts her on national TV. Is she gonna be wrestling every week? Doubtful. If I'm a female performer in AEW I'm sitting there saying "WTF" on this hiring. I'm not even sure if I would want to be in the ring with her working given the risk of reinjuring her.

I don't see any value in bringing her in. If AEW want to grow and get better time to stop hiring every dime-a-dozen ex-WWE performer just because they want a job and have a twitter account that still gives them profile.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't understand why AEW or Khan want anything to do with her. I just don't get it.

Let's be honest about Paige/Saraya for one second. She's never been anything special. She has never been legit over with wrestling fans. She's never been anything special in the ring. I found her below average on the mic, hard to listen to sometimes with that awful accent. She has basically two years of being a full-time performer on a national wrestling program (2014-16) and none of that was memorable. Other than her first night on Raw when she undeservedly won the title it's a pretty forgettable run.

So here she is 5-6 years removed from being in the ring, and Khan hands her a 3-year deal and immediately puts her on national TV. Is she gonna be wrestling every week? Doubtful. If I'm a female performer in AEW I'm sitting there saying "WTF" on this hiring. I'm not even sure if I would want to be in the ring with her working given the risk of reinjuring her.

I don't see any value in bringing her in. If AEW want to grow and get better time to stop hiring every dime-a-dozen ex-WWE performer just because they want a job and have a twitter account that still gives them profile.
She’s not a dime-a-dozen performer to the women. She’s a former multi-time champion in WWE, thus her accomplishments, and in turn her name value (even with a different name) dwarfs the entire roster combined. There’s only so many women who are good enough, and just about all of them, if they haven’t been through the WWE system, were looked at by WWE to varying degrees and just not signed (Britt, Jade). So if you have a woman available who actually made a name there, they’d be stupid not to do it right now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Problem is she clearly can't take a bump, everything on Wednesday demonstrated she isn't cleared. So unless they are doctor shopping (assume the Miami Dolphins medical team are on speed dial now) she is here to manage or be some kind of GM role which she would not be good at as her promo skills kind of suck.

And the presentation of all this was completely wrong. The forced women's revolution didn't go over when WWE did it, and doing it in 2022 makes even less sense. Between WWE, Impact, and Stardom, women's wrestling is thriving compared to 2016. To try and pump out this idea Paige is bringing a revolution is asinine.

Especially when the primary issue is bad booking and a lack of time.

Then you got the issue her promo was just bad. Britt chewed her up, her come back was God awful. The segment was dying a death so she then took a needless pot shot at WWE to try and get a pop and only made herself look worse.

And her calling the whole locker room out (all 5 of them) was stupid and it made their actual champ look like a chump.

What was the point of this outside of needing to parade a "surprise" out at Arthur Ash?

Reactions: Khelandros

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Yikes, she can sure pick them lol.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
She’s not a dime-a-dozen performer to the women. She’s a former multi-time champion in WWE, thus her accomplishments, and in turn her name value (even with a different name) dwarfs the entire roster combined. There’s only so many women who are good enough, and just about all of them, if they haven’t been through the WWE system, were looked at by WWE to varying degrees and just not signed (Britt, Jade). So if you have a woman available who actually made a name there, they’d be stupid not to do it right now.

Multi-time champ? What back in 2014-15 when no one gave two shits about women's wrestling? 2 years on TV and 5 years on the sidelines.

If she somehow lasts the full 3 years of her AEW contract I'll be shocked. Quite frankly I think she sucks and felt that way since her Raw debut way back when.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Multi-time champ? What back in 2014-15 when no one gave two shits about women's wrestling? 2 years on TV and 5 years on the sidelines.

If she somehow lasts the full 3 years of her AEW contract I'll be shocked. Quite frankly I think she sucks and felt that way since her Raw debut way back when.
Paige showing up is when it started being taken seriously. You saw the reaction, people definitely were into her debuting. Neither wresting crowd cares about how long you’re out, if anything it helps them and makes people curious about their return.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Paige showing up is when it started being taken seriously. You saw the reaction, people definitely were into her debuting. Neither wresting crowd cares about how long you’re out, if anything it helps them and makes people curious about their return.
Yes, she stood out when she debuted. But unfortunately, the 4 Horsewomen came up later and heavily overshadowed her, both with their in-ring work and personalities.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

There is a level of interest there right now I'd agree with that.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The pop says otherwise. She is the most over woman on the roster right now. Unfortunately, it isn’t going to last unless her mic work goes zero to sixty immediately. Based on her robotic movements in simply walking to and around the ring, it doesn’t seem like she’s wrestling any time soon.

I hope it works out, as I really liked her back during her peak in wwe. But i don’t see this going very well. I actually think her debut, just walking to the ring and saying nothing, will be her best aew moment

Reactions: DaaaaB's

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Battle of the Belts 4 will air Saturday night at 11 pm Eastern on TSN5. Only one match announced so far:

fd85nwcwqaiwvos.png

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
These shows suuuuuuuck. Fancy Rampage. Tony can’t book non Dynamites or PPVs.
Tony can’t book period !! With the exception of a sold out Dynamite 🧨 and an almost sold out Rampage, both coming up in Toronto, ticket sales are going pretty bad in other cities! Only about 3800 so far in Moxley’s hometown of Cincinnati ! And in the 2000’s in other upcoming events! Between the lack of decent long
term storylines, fistfights in the locker room, and a constant parade of different people on TV every show, killing whatever momentum some of these guys had….(Wardlow anyone?), the lustre does indeed seem gone from AEW !! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: BruinDust

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Tony can’t book period !! With the exception of a sold out Dynamite 🧨 and an almost sold out Rampage, both coming up in Toronto, ticket sales are going pretty bad in other cities! Only about 3800 so far in Moxley’s hometown of Cincinnati ! And in the 2000’s in other upcoming events! Between the lack of decent long
term storylines, fistfights in the locker room, and a constant parade of different people on TV every show, killing whatever momentum some of these guys had….(Wardlow anyone?), the lustre does indeed seem gone from AEW !! 🤷🏻‍♂️
They did a college arena 3x in a row in Boston. Tickets sold out almost instantly all 3 shows and were about 70 bucks. Then they ran Worcester the next time out. They’re coming back to Boston next month and it’s not selling at all. Prices also jumped up to $95

If it was 70 i might go again. I’ve had a blast all 3x I’ve gone. I admit to being more than mildly annoyed that Boston hasn’t had a ppv despite always being one of the better crowds.

If you’re not Chicago or NY, f*** you i guess

Reactions: ManByng

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I tried giving AEW a chance. I really did. But their product is just too difficult to follow for a casual fan.

The part I find ironic is where did WCW really start it's downturn? I'd argue it was early 1998 and the addition of WCW Thunder and the extra hour added to Nitro. Bischoff didn't want it but Turner did.

I'd argue the WWF Attitude era peaked in early-to-mid 1999 and the addition of Smackdown and 2 more hours of TV to produce every week hurt the overall product. Sure your getting the additional revenue but from a fan-interest standpoint it became too much for a lot of fans, especially more casual fans. The added two hours pushed Russo out the door as all he saw was his workload doubled but his paycheque stayed the same.

If AEW had just kept their roster and storylines tight and focused on producing the best two hour weekly wrestling program they could, they'd be doing fine right now and growing. Really seems like a case of "too much, too soon" and interest in their product isn't growing but waning.

Reactions: ManByng
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad